What's new

Kalabagh dam: PML-N’s solution to our energy crisis?

Another Dam wow! Are dams the only solution to energy crisis? People should use their DAMN mind.

Yes sir if we use our mind then Dams are the only solution to Pakistan. Kalabagh for example will generate 3500 MW of cheap electricity and millions of acres of land will be irrigated meaning more agricultural growth and rise in employment, cheaper food prices and cheaper production cost for electricity, thousands of lives could be saved by preventing natural disasters such as floods and billions of dollars could be saved by not importing expensive petroleum products. See we incurred losses worth 5-6 billion dollars in floods back in 2010 and we could have rather built this dam with the similar amount. One key reason why both India and China are progressing is because they focused on dams long time ago.

If we don't use our mind then indeed there are alternatives available.

I prefer solar energy.

Solar energy is the best solution for Pakistan's energy crisis.... but at the same time, we are at the risk of drought and flash floods, because India has built illegal dams on same rivers.
Being an agricultural state, we need control over our waters, and wasting fresh water in sea, is some thing we can't afford.
I see no harm in working parallel...

Another Dam wow! Are dams the only solution to energy crisis? People should use their DAMN mind.

Another? when was the last time we had another one?

even that nikkka sa bhasha dam is in doldrums for time being.

And yup its the only solution when you dont find any country to give you Nuclear reactors for civilian use or any use, when you do not pay circular debt, when you allow the private companies but still dont pay to them and allow them to cut off power at free will.

BLgD2glCUAETMAh.jpg

What about Asif ALi Zardari? why is PTI is reluctant to criticize Zardari?

FYI... according to constitution.. provincial govt are responsible for building infrastructure, incl. power generation.

They receive money from federal govt. aka NFC award and rest its the CM who decide where to spend money.

If you occasionally read news, you may knew that Shehbaz Sharif was working on various power generation projects, while he was CM.

Any how the results of elections were decided long before elections... unfortunately, followers of Imran Khan are very simple people.

Another? when was the last time we had another one?

even that nikkka sa bhasha dam is in doldrums for time being.

And yup its the only solution when you dont find any country to give you Nuclear reactors for civilian use or any use, when you do not pay circular debt, when you allow the private companies but still dont pay to them and allow them to cut off power at free will.

Thanks for the information! but cheap energy can be also a solution that is what why sarcasm was about.

because India has built illegal dams on same rivers.

Why won't someone do something about it?

We will, see. He already has declared that 'khazana khali hi', what he actually meant was 'mera pait khali hai'.

If NS is to be believed than there are no funds forthcoming to carry out such a venture. RIP

Remember karz utaro mulk sawaro...what did he say back then? khazana khali hai saab log paisa do, foreign currency were frozen, where did the money go we all know it was wired transferred to London, indeed RIP to progress of Pakistan.

That's an optimistic time line. It could stretch to 6-10 years, considering the ancillaries that have to be constructed like canals etc. The question is, what is Pakistan going to do in the meanwhile? Remain with acute power shortages till the dam becomes operational?

Are there any alternative arrangements being made? How about establishing wind and Solar power farms that would augment the present requirement of electricity within a much shorter time frame? Any plans afoot?

The proposed short term plan is of adding immediate power through increasing efficiency of the power companies and stopping corruption. Then putting plants to coal within 18 months. Then introducing bagasse and other such fuels, this will add 2000 MW according to Shahbaz Sharif.

LOng term is dams.

Remember karz utaro mulk sawaro...what did he say back then? khazana khali hai saab log paisa do, foreign currency were frozen, where did the money go we all know it was wired transferred to London, indeed RIP to progress of Pakistan.

han g hum nay to apni tofion k paisay bhee day diye thay . phir pata hee nahi chala

Are you a Pakistani? Are you aware of current situation of Pakistan? Are you aware of the Kalabagh dam project? With Kalabagh dam, not only most of the energy shortage could be fulfilled but the summer floods that result in loss of millions every year could have been stopped.

The project however ends because it would be built in Punjab and the storage lake would be in KPK, the water flowing to Sindh would be halted. PML-N is just boasting over this project which is itself at halt for years now and isn't PMLs project.

:lol: just keep dreaming boy just dream, KBD wont end the electricity crises, the time it gets finished it wont be too much useful, what about other dams, why didnt PMLN built other dams which are not so controversial? why not find gas resources, why not exploit the thar coal

why does ganja take up water issue with india which is stopping pakistan's water?

kalabagh dam wont end gas crises, and we need gas badly

@Luftwaffe

He has sugarmills in India, he won't speak against his business interests.

Last edited by a moderator:
I prefer solar energy.

please tell us which country is relying on solar energy?
tell me one city in the world of population more than 100,000 is using solar energy for its needs
do you know how many solar panels are needed for one MW of electricity we will have to install solar panel from Karachi to Hyderabad (90 miles) to generate enough energy for Karachi

just because you high school teacher says Solar energy is good for planet does cut it, your teacher didnt even know how to generate solar

:lol: just keep dreaming boy just dream, KBD wont end the electricity crises, the time it gets finished it wont be too much useful, what about other dams, why didnt PMLN built other dams which are not so controversial? why not find gas resources, why not exploit the thar coal

why does ganja take up water issue with india which is stopping pakistan's water?

Gas? What about the vast quantities of coal present in Thar? Why don't you support Dr. Mubarakband's program?

@Luftwaffe

He has sugarmills in India, he won't speak against his business interests.

I remember when he exported sugar to india before establishing sugar mills there and there was artificial scarce shortage of sugar in Pakistan and I also remember atta shortage in N.W.F.P later revealed which were exported in large quantity to afghanistan and other countries.

Last edited by a moderator:
just because you high school teacher says Solar energy is good for planet does cut it, your teacher didnt even know how to generate solar

Off-topic: You really knew my high school teacher?? Would you mind telling me her name?

On-topic: During 2009, Germany installed eight times more megawatts of photovoltaics solar energy capacity than America did that year.Around 10 percent of Spain’s energy comes from solar power.California is the state with the most solar energy, and is the obvious leader in the USA with 60 percent of all solar installations in America. greece sees solar energy as a solution to their debt crisis......My point was that cheap energy is the future and the solution like wind energy,solar energy, Heck even dog waste is being used to power lights in parks around america...i don't know why you got so upset at my post.

Zardari's sister is behind gas crisis and transit aid over Pakistani highways.. there has to be a grand audit.

Kalabagh dam has to be built on priority basis, now the ball is in the court of Punjab and NWFP govt.

Back
Top Bottom