What's new

K4 SLBM 3000 KM Range- First Video and Offical Acknowledgement

Russians helped India with their ICBM program as well.

Hi @AUz
I'm afraid the wisconsin project report on which you so fondly extrapolate Russian involvement into India's IGMDP is outdated by a good two decades! Indian industry and academic has matured a lot since then - something Pakistan couldn't keep pace with.Now coming back to hard facts,-
1) yes indeed India indeed got initial help during during the design of SLV 3(modified scout) which morphed into first ASLV and subsequently into agni 2- but that was in late 60s. We should also bear it in mind that unlike Pakistan's case where generous china and NK readily transferred the ready made M 11and nodongs, India got only the blue prints of SLV and rest everything else had to be figure out at home
2) India also got help in guidance particularly the microprocessor based INS that were subsequently replicated in india circa early 80s.But since then DRDO has "designed" and various patents too have been filed by RCI(the lab mandated with design of guidance systems).one can readily find the detailed research documents of latest MEMS based INS designed by RCI
3) India also got the winding machines too,a few of them, but thanks to MTCR, the supply dried up and hence DRDO had to their own- the very same machine has been exported to so many countries according to ex director General DRDO

Relax, they did.

It is almost an impossibility that indian scientists didn't get any Russian help/training and just developed ICBM on their own 100% !!!

Indian Agni missile program is actually 2 decades old,and Agni V is the latest iteration of the Agni series-Basically a derivative of Agni III.The expertise,technical know-how was present in the country when Agni V was developed.

@AUz you must realize the transparent nature of indian weapons development program,indian labs give due credit to the participation of foreign nationals when required .
Since I've worked in one such institution(however briefly during my intern),I know of the workings. There was no Russian help in agni 5- in case you're doubtful,I can happily barge all the relevant scientific publications(I've a huge collection btw) from DRDO,should you choose to go through them

However on a similar note if I ask you to furnish research paper or publications to prove the Pakistani effort in the design of shaheen, I'm 110% sure you'd fall flat and resort to age old Pakistani gimmick and rhetoric.But I know there is no point in asking such a question,because things like, research,academic, industry interaction has no meaning in Pakistan

Last edited:
Relax, they did.

It is almost an impossibility that indian scientists didn't get any Russian help/training and just developed ICBM on their own 100% !!!

Even Russians got bunch of stuff from Americans and Americans from Germans and so on..

That's how development happen.
Americans didn't get any help from Germans. Yes Germans did make the first missile, but concepts of missiles, the physics, material science etc are universal. Americans understood those and developed their own missiles.

Similarly, India has now developed the critical infrastructure needed for any kind of missile development.

@AUz you must realize the transparent nature of indian weapons development program,indian labs give due credit to the participation of foreign nationals when required .
Since I've worked in one such institution(however briefly during my intern),I know of the workings. There was no Russian help in agni 5- in case you're doubtful,I can happily barge all the relevant scientific publications(I've a huge collection btw) from DRDO,should you choose to go through them

However on a similar note if I ask you to furnish research paper or publications to prove the Pakistani effort in the design of shaheen, I'm 110% sure you'd fall flat and resort to age old Pakistani gimmick and rhetoric.But I know there is no point in asking such a question,because things like, research,academic, industry interaction has no meaning in Pakistan

The person in question is an avid India hater. And you need to understand that opinion of some lowlife plebs on internet does not matter. You need not prove anything to some community college graduate pakistani.

And better retrain from posting anything except open publication/news articles on internet. Just because you have access to something does not mean that pakistanis have too. It would be very very difficult for a Pakistani to get a visa to attend DRDO's seminar, something which you could easily do.

The person in question is an avid India hater. And you need to understand that opinion of some lowlife plebs on internet does not matter. You need not prove anything to some community college graduate pakistani.

And better retrain from posting anything except open publication/news articles on internet. Just because you have access to something does not mean that pakistanis have too. It would be very very difficult for a Pakistani to get a visa to attend DRDO's seminar, something which you could easily do.

I did not know he is an India hater,I mean I hardly care what he is,provided he is RATIONAL enough to understand the scientific research- something most Pakistanis are utterly unaware of!
And don't worry what I'll post are already available on drdo website or my own seminar videos/pictures that I took during various seminars

@Dillinger

Some of the navigation systems designed by RCI.I guess RCI is ISO 9001,20001 or something, it's director Dr reddy is a rare gem,hardworking geniuse ..
I came to know that RCI was also working on digital beam forming when I was in 2nd year,

@The Deterrent
As you can clearly see the weight and drift of some of the INS/GPS packages designed by RCI(the relatively new lab that came into existence in early 80s).The RINS(RLG+GPS) is commonly used in agni series of missiles , the weight of this system is 15kgs however the drift is just 0.01degrees/hr.
More compact MEMS based systems too have been developed for shorter duration missiles, like the one depicted in the picture that provides a 5-10degrees /hr drift at weight of just 500grams!Now do you really think publication of such literature would result in international ban on Pakistan?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-gxsYUjYVSNI/UOqRMQB0vzI/AAAAAAAADG0/6NXXCTPBws4/s1600/Airborne Navigation Sensors.JPG

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom