What's new

K-4 SLBM will be Game Changer for India in Asia

I thought K-4's range was 3500kms. It would be great with 5000km range.

K-4's range is 3500km with 2 ton payload. Few days ago I had shared a graph showing Range vs Payload for different missiles. If you had seen that, you will know that it can cover close to 5500km with 1 ton payload.

How do we know that it can defeat all existing ABM's. Its more wishful thinking I guess.

All existing ABM can only defeat those missiles which follows Ballistic Trajectory i.e. their flight path is available well in advance, then the tracking radar takes the decisions of when is to fire ABM to defeat BM at a pre-destined point. But from the article, it is clear that K-4 do have circular maneuverability ability, which is good enough to defeat all the existing ABM.

Very much a reason why CM is hard to intercept.

Too much khayali pulao? What are we having, Biryani with Shair ka gosht?

1. Have you considered the height of Agni-IV? Can a missile that long fit in INS Arihant?

2. It hasn't even been tested yet! The first tests are done for simple full system functionality, rather than playing hide n seek. And no, India is not the first to do this.

3. Again baseless claim, I'm sure you will be disappointed with the real specifications.

A variant of Agni-IV doesn't only mean changing it's color and making it a booster launch. It means the latest technologies used in Agni-IV is also put into K-4 rather than Agni-3 technologies.

Secondly, talking about disappointment, though not here but in other forum when I disclosed information about Agni-IV in 2010 having 4000km range with 1 ton payload, many behaved in the same way and started quoting specs of Agni-III but in the end it was they who got disappointed.

In Ballistic Missile technology, I will give full marks to DRDO.

A variant of Agni-IV doesn't only mean changing it's color and making it a booster launch. It means the latest technologies used in Agni-IV is also put into K-4 rather than Agni-3 technologies.

Secondly, talking about disappointment, though not here but in other forum when I disclosed information about Agni-IV in 2010 having 4000km range with 1 ton payload, many behaved in the same way and started quoting specs of Agni-III but in the end it was they who got disappointed.

The dimensions of Agni-IV make it unsuitable for converting it to SLBM, thats what I said. As for the technologies like latest guidance, stage separations...of course they can be and will be incorporated.

I'm not doubting your source or anything, maybe you aren't using the right words. And as far as the range and payload is concerned, I was referring to the rhetoric of reduced-range-increased payload. There would be a single version, 1 ton payload capable that is.

I never meant to doubt DRDO's capabilities in the field of BMs.

All existing ABM can only defeat those missiles which follows Ballistic Trajectory i.e. their flight path is available well in advance, then the tracking radar takes the decisions of when is to fire ABM to defeat BM at a pre-destined point. But from the article, it is clear that K-4 do have circular maneuverability ability, which is good enough to defeat all the existing ABM.

Very much a reason why CM is hard to intercept.
I have always had this doubt.
Patriot missiles etc can traget cruise missiles and aircraft. Why would the speed of a BM make it tough for these systems?
Exo-atmospheric targetting is tough, but terminal phase targetting would be the same I guess after accounting for higher speed.
Any good reading material on this aspect would be nice.

i wrote to the Author of the article , According to him K-4 is not based on Agni missiles but completely new system and DRDO is ready to offer land based version of K-4 like Shaurya which is based on K-15 for Army .

Link to original article link

http://idrw.org/?p=25622#more-25622

This thing will not work. Indian submarines are exploding and they expect us to believe this missile is ready.

Yea riiiight :lol:

@Lightningbolt

abload-stfu-and-gtfoxspi.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well of course it's a lighter and redesigned it has to fit into an sub. And why would you want to have it launchable form a ship when you're creating a whole line of nuke subs for that role of second strike?

Having a ship launch K-4 is redundant.

No it doesn't seems to be a redesign one. How can a redesign missile may have a very low weight. completely a different trajectory and other systems?

I do not want it to be launched from ship. I simply say that It will have a capability like Dhanush missile to be fired from ship.

No it doesn't seems to be a redesign one. How can a redesign missile may have a very low weight. completely a different trajectory and other systems?

I do not want it to be launched from ship. I simply say that It will have a capability like Dhanush missile to be fired from ship.

Any link saying it can be launched from ships?

Indians always like to look at 1 or more projects ahead. Instead of focus on k-4, it should first finish K15. Instead of focus on AMCA or LCA-MKII, finish the LCA first.

When will India learn to walk first before talk?

Thank for your advise. We have our own way to do the thing. It gives us more time to plan.

BTW Who told you that k 15 project is not complete.

What level of technical competence according you is qualified to walk.

In my opinion we are not walking but running and running very fast. We have overtaken Many developed countries including European countries and China in many aspects of technical competence.

Hi Hari Prasad
You are correct. seems everybody was in awe of Agni V's rage and the fact that it nears true ICBM. Even I was under impression that K4 is nothing but SL version of Agni III . Thanks for your clarification .
Why not put comparison once again between Agni V & K4 to start with !

Thanks Bro,

Not much technical information is available but it is believed to be a little larger version of K 15. It will fly in a depressed or Shaped trajectory and may not leave earth atmosphere. It will loose height gradually with some ABM evading maneuvers and hit the target with pin point accuracy. In its terminal phase, it will fly more like a Cruz missile.

K 4 is an extension of K 15 which is in development for last few years and certainly much prior to A4. So it is possible that K4's tech. might have gone in A4 rather than vice a versa.

Thanks Bro,

Not much technical information is available but it is believed to be a little larger version of K 15. It will fly in a depressed or Shaped trajectory and may not leave earth atmosphere. It will loose height gradually with some ABM evading maneuvers and hit the target with pin point accuracy. In its terminal phase, it will fly more like a Cruz missile.

Give us any source from the high ups that said all of this, ship launched, etc.

Thanks Bro,

A 4000 km range Quasi Ballistic missile?:woot:

Back
Top Bottom