What's new

K-4 SLBM will be Game Changer for India in Asia

Hi , we don't have to be so rude ! He just expressed his opinion and everybody is entitled to theirs just like you are entitled to yours . You can do so without being abusive ...

Hi , we don't have to be so rude ! He just expressed his opinion and everybody is entitled to theirs just like you are entitled to yours . You can do so without being abusive ...

Many Indians can't handle constructive criticism of its defensive weapon development. I'm sure you want India to do better than how its doing now. I'm not anti-India. I'm just against talking before walking.

Many Indians can't handle constructive criticism of its defensive weapon development. I'm sure you want India to do better than how its doing now. I'm not anti-India. I'm just against talking before walking.

No...Your reputation in this forum is off a racist troll , and its not constructive criticism that got you that reputation...

Ohh.....you don't know him at all....

Well I apologise for fellow Indian's rant . We should never make sweeping statements and should not generalize. India is nation of billion people, billion minds and billion thoughts . You will see all colours and hues . Please don't paint India with one singular colour. It's a great injustice to India .

May be I don't know him and may be he has written some racist comments . But does that justify your rant. We can be civilian in our language and thoughts even if others are not. I am not trying to preach you . just my opinion !

I will stop here . It's unnecessary deviation from main topic and purpose of thread . by the way Happy Independence Day !!!

Firstly, K-4 don't seems to me a variant of A-3 rather of A-4. Both are of same weight, carries same warhead and has approximately same range.

Secondly, it is superior than Agni, as it is highly maneuverable, can defeat all existing ABM, and somewhat same like the recent Prithvi-II test where missile followed a completely different non-ballistic trajectory, with India being the first country to achieve such a feat.

And thirdly, K-4 can reach above 5000km with 1 ton payload, which signifies it's importance for India bringing whole of China into it's reach even when it is fired from Bay of Bengal.

Firstly,

Secondly, it is superior than Agni, as it is highly maneuverable, can defeat all existing ABM, and somewhat same like the recent Prithvi-II test where missile followed a completely different non-ballistic trajectory, with India being the first country to achieve such a feat.

How do we know that it can defeat all existing ABM's. Its more wishful thinking I guess.

And thirdly, K-4 can reach above 5000km with 1 ton payload, which signifies it's importance for India bringing whole of China into it's reach even when it is fired from Bay of Bengal.
I thought K-4's range was 3500kms. It would be great with 5000km range.

As per Wikipedia K4 will have two variants. K4 mark I ( to be tested next month )- will have rage of 3500 km , it will be 10 meter in length ( tailor made to accommodate within INS Arihant ) and will weight 20 tonnes - will be capable to carry 2.5 tonne warhead.

In contrast K4 mark II will have range of 5,000 km , will be 12 meter long and will be able to carry 1 tonne warhead. It will be sleeker than mark I . It will weigh 17 tonnes as compared to K4 Mark I which weighs 20 tonnes.

Firstly, K-4 don't seems to me a variant of A-3 rather of A-4. Both are of same weight, carries same warhead and has approximately same range.

Too much khayali pulao? What are we having, Biryani with Shair ka gosht?

1. Have you considered the height of Agni-IV? Can a missile that long fit in INS Arihant?

2. It hasn't even been tested yet! The first tests are done for simple full system functionality, rather than playing hide n seek. And no, India is not the first to do this.

3. Again baseless claim, I'm sure you will be disappointed with the real specifications.

Too much khayali pulao? What are we having, Biryani with Shair ka gosht?

1. Have you considered the height of Agni-IV? Can a missile that long fit in INS Arihant?

2. It hasn't even been tested yet! The first tests are done for simple full system functionality, rather than playing hide n seek. And no, India is not the first to do this.

3. Again baseless claim, I'm sure you will be disappointed with the real specifications.

Well do you really know what you are talking about? The K missile family is totally different from the Agni series and is headed by a separate team of scientists. No one has even seen the missile yet. This is all speculation.

K-4 is not speculation !
Yeh, we will know the truth when it will be tested next month. But both K-15 and K-4 are well known , acknowledged programmes .
K-5 ( thought to be 6000 km range SLBM ) is so far speculation !.

Well Wikipedia has picked up it from India today article and India today may have picked it up from some-other place . So we can say that specifications of missile are speculational so far ! But people should not feel that missile itself is speculation.

Well do you really know what you are talking about? The K missile family is totally different from the Agni series and is headed by a separate team of scientists. No one has even seen the missile yet. This is all speculation.

That is precisely what I said. Kindly re-read my post again.

Back
Top Bottom