What's new

JY-27A radar spotted in Pakistan

500 km radius range actually high level radars max 2 or 3 covers whole pak rest are backup or redundancy same for tps-77 and ylc-2

500 km circle with main Wali as center

Adjustments.JPG

Couldnt anti radiation missile home in on it? It looks like a very static fixture. I m no expert but it looks like an easy target.

I was thinking the same.

If it can be moved around with only a few hours down time then PAF can rotate its position daily in order to keep the enemy guess about its exact position (can be countered with live feed prior to strike).

ARM will still home on it but it can still be protected from GPS guided PGMs (apart from those with IIR as terminal guidance).

I guess one of the reason it was placed somewhat deeper inside Pakistan.

500 km radius range actually high level radars max 2 or 3 covers whole pak rest are backup or redundancy same for tps-77 and ylc-2

500 km circle with mian Wali as center

View attachment 590871

It is not a rotary dish so it will probably cover a fixed arc of around 120-150 degrees facing India.

JY-27A is a 3-D long-range air surveillance & guidance radar that is resistant to jamming and is highly reliable and mobile. It is a VHF Radar that uses an active phased array antenn. JY-27A is able to detect stealth aircraft like F-22 in a distance of up to 500 km
Are you sure about 500 kms ? This is still under debate. Furthermore if it can detect f22 at 500 km then what about mki and rafael ?

Are you sure about 500 kms ? This is still under debate. Furthermore if it can detect f22 at 500 km then what about mki and rafael ?

If a Radar is able to detect a fully stealth configured F-22 Raptor at 500 km's than it should easily detect Rafale at 1000 km's and MKI at 2000 km's. I know my claim sounds just as absurd as the one about any radar picking up Raptors at 500 clicks!

If a Radar is able to detect a fully stealth configured F-22 Raptor at 500 km's than it should easily detect Rafale at 1000 km's and MKI at 2000 km's. I know my claim sounds just as absurd as the one about any radar picking up Raptors at 500 clicks!
Not absurd, the French have already done it with B-2s and it is even more stealthy.

Different technology but gives you an idea that it doable.

The French developed an OTH radar called NOSTRADAMUS during the 1990s[17] (NOSTRADAMUS stands for New Transhorizon Decametric System Applying Studio Methods (French: nouveau système transhorizon décamétrique appliquant les méthodes utilisées en studio).) In March 1999, the OTH radar NOSTRADAMUS was said to have detected two Northrop B2 Spirit flying to Kosovo. It entered service for the French army in 2005, and is still in development. It is based on a star-shaped antenna field, used for emission and reception (monostatic), and can detect aircraft at a range of more than 2,000 kilometers, in a 360-degree arc. The frequency range used is from 6 to 30 MHz.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Over-the-horizon_radar#France

All this development is just the tip of the iceberg, if only I was allowed to reveal half the stuff that is going on, (in all the services by the way.)

And a nuclear submarine for Islamabad reservoir.

Half? Release a quarter and the neighbours will have constipation. They are still arguing about how Russia "betrayed" them by selling Hinds and Kronets.

Last edited:
Thank you for your comments---. Young muslims have not heard of Tippu Tip---the problem here is---that even after you mentioned his name---some did not even bother to search google.

That’s not true, I search google and read about him. And now his son carried of after him and died fighting. I’ll read up more about him.

Back
Top Bottom