What's new

JY-27A radar spotted in Pakistan

Army's LY-80 LOMADS came with IBIS-150 while FM-90 ESHORADS have the ACU.

This Indian blogger is shit.
It'll be interesting to see how this relates to the VHF radar program outlined in the MoDP report. Perhaps an interim solution (so far Jane's only spotted one)? Or maybe a reference design to benchmark against?

Still surprised we haven't heard of or seen coastal over-the-horizon radars...

Still surprised we haven't heard of or seen coastal over-the-horizon radars...
Do you mean somethings like these:
img-c0a08a1f94ba31f3d4a79906b0c3576d.jpg

img-b0acfe482b92e14e3d76bab020e96ccc.jpg

Coming times, as we can see, how much, world and especially specific countries are trying to create unrest and trying to stop/destroy CPEC, it is inevitable that CPEC projects will eventually be their prime focus to play with. I do appreciate the fact that Gwadar port and Gwadar has a high influence and control from Army because that is a need of time and times ahead. Civil authorities are incompetent to provide such level security to these projects. USA, Iran, India, Israel will try to play with CPEC, China has to give it’s best to us to defence “THEIR” valuable assets. We must go all out, defending these... It’s not too distant, i can even see J-20 coming here inshaAllah, Just common sense. We must definitely go for doubling our air force, Get those Block 70, V upgrades, go for more than just 50 block 3. Get J-15s, Get JH-7s, Get J-10C (for Gwadar). Navy is already heading just the right direction Alhamdullilah. Just wish that there is no future major conflict in coming years else our plannings will be disturbed of procurements. Focus should be doubled on SAMs and ADSs

@Hakikat ve Hikmet @Mangus Ortus Novem

Cann't agree more, PakBrother mine!

It is the question of Statecraft/Strategic Paradigm....

Take a step back and have a look at the entire map... all of Eurasia... inculding ME and the Gulf... Gawadar is just not any port... sitting right next to Gulf, Horn of Afria and East Coast of Afria... Do you see it?

We need to develop Balochistan... for that we need the entire western border to be secure and peaceful... with Iran and Afghanistan... on top of that US exist needs to be structured that it doesn't result in civil war once again...

SCO is the framework that PakState is following and in the coming years it will become more accentuated.

We need to restructure our economy... and focus must be thorough Industrialism in all aspects of PakEconomy.

Economy = National Security
Yea, when we open the map of OBOR, what do we see? Gwadar is not just a port of Pakistan, or balochistan, it is the port of Eurasia, China, Access to Indian ocean and Red Sea/South Africa.

Very interesting development for sure, and some what unexpected. The dection of only 1 unit suggests that either they want to only protect a single high value target, or that the radar is in the process of being evaluated.

Does this show that the army, navy, and goverment have realised the need to spend more on the PAF and airdefence, as that is where the next Indian sponsored event will start ( and if successfully countered ) will end Indian aspirations.

My dear YoungPak,

I am happy that you have the ability to SEE!

Now what is the total investment outlay of BRI? and what is its geo-economic/geo-strategic ROI?

Hence, I am statisfied that China shall provide Pakistan all the weapon systems and radars that Pak needs... to top it off... CPEC Phase 2 is about to start and then there is Phase 3...

And people wonder how Pak is going to pay for weapons? ToT from China to Pakistan is quite exceptional... but then it is two way street... nothing in life is free.

Mangus
I was wondering, given the predicted future of business hub gwadar, it might eventually take the throne away from karachi to becoming the largest urban developed city of Pakistan. Karachi has serious lack of pre planning. Divisions failing to perform their duties. Gwadar will be home to many non local faces, MOSTLY

You are right... but we need to first secure/develop Taftan as well... Gawadar is not going to be just a city or port... it must be seen as a province... and developed from ground up with most modern city planning...

Somehow, I have a feeling that Industrialism.. in it true sense will happen in Balochistan... hopefully, we can protect our wilderness there...

Anyhow, this is off topic subject... if you are interested, please, start a thread in members section... we can take it from there...

On subject.. the entire coast of Pakistan needs to be covered with long range radars and defensive measures...i.e. missiles... PNS needs to have a dedicated port in Gawadar as well....

I would rather that Pakistan comes up with its own solutions or in JVs.. but buying off the shelf needs to end sooner than later.
Thanks for your wise words. Since we both are taking the thread a slightly off topic, we can shift to cpec section. I don’t have privileges to create thread atm

But only provides heads up and nothing else as far as I have heard.
I would not count on it; there is a lot of work underway behind the scene on deep learning based signal processing.

This is gray area where you will never find literature. trust me.. i worked in this area many things i did 30 yrs back is still not in public domain

Very interesting development for sure, and some what unexpected. The dection of only 1 unit suggests that either they want to only protect a single high value target, or that the radar is in the process of being evaluated.

Does this show that the army, navy, and goverment have realised the need to spend more on the PAF and airdefence, as that is where the next Indian sponsored event will start ( and if successfully countered ) will end Indian aspirations.
Likely an evaluation, but we also have our own VHF radar program.

They shud move it and double the guard on mianwali airbase... U may get a terrorist attack on it

Back
Top Bottom