What's new

Just go kill yourselves, Russian Deputy Prime Minister tells the Japanese

I thought Japanese suicide was called seppuku, not harakiri.

With the so called ally, Japan also lose a lot..
Japan should take flexible policy toward China and Russia.
Yet due to US policy, Japan has to be on same side of US, do what US want, no matter Japan benefit or lose..

Why would we 'switch sides' with two countries that are considered our geopolitical rivals? I think Japan-US Global Alliance will only continue and deepen in its cooperation in the coming years. Quite frankly there is nothing the Russians and Chinese can do to make us fear them; during the height of the cold war and the zenith of the USSR's existence and power, Japan stood as a bastion and kept Soviet Navy in check.

And we have not even reached our full power potential then, nor now.

Strategic alliance entails cooperation on various levels in government and civil agencies; that is the basis of an alliance system. Anyways, as I have said in my past post, there is nothing that the Russians can do that intimidates Japan. The entire JMSDF is double the size of the Russian Navy. The United States regularly has the 7th and 6th Fleets patrol the Pacific with the JMSDF, and quite frankly there is no power in this world that can challenge both the Japanese-American Alliance.

Save the Almighty Himself.

I thought Japanese suicide was called seppuku, not harakiri.

Exact same thing. Seppuku is generally written form/high class spoken, and harakiri the common day spoken form.

Not a good language, but it fit russian style/culture...:coffee:

Japans already dying a slow death. Debt, declining/aging population, and economic stagnation. Russia isn't going to part with the Kuril Island with gas and oil despots, Japan lost it's best chance to regain the Islands during the Yeltsin period.

lmao..we should give these islands to chinese, can you imagine the buthurt japs ? ;)

Hehehe, you guys can keep those islands, just let us develop it for you, say 10,000 Chinese working on those islands' infrastructures for 2 years should be sufficient. Then, you can attract more Russians to settle there. :azn:

How much more land do these Russians want :mad:......... Just give the japs those islands already . It's unfair for such a small population ( =2/3 rd of Pakistan ) to be controlling such a vast territory:pissed:
lmao..we should give these islands to chinese, can you imagine the buthurt japs ? ;)
Why do I get a feeling that you think I am Japanese? If you do ,then I must tell you I am not a jap my rusky friend:rolleyes:

@waz, @Hakan, @WebMaster, I think "Jap(s)" should be added to the banned topics list. It's derogatory and offensive.

@waz, @Hakan, @WebMaster, I think "Jap(s)" should be added to the banned topics list. It's derogatory and offensive.

The word is a US creation. The folks here use the word in the context of anti-Fascist war.

Although I myself never use it and discourage people from using it, I do not see here much racist connotation, but more like historical.

@waz

Back
Top Bottom