What's new

Judicial Commission inquiry and findings

Electronic voting machines are the way forward. While EVMs are also not 100% safe but tampering those would be beyond these jahil thugs.

Here is another post by Moeed Pirzada. Whats your opinion? Comment here and on facebook on his post as well!

Electronic Voting Machines? Many of you have suggested that we should have Electronic Voting Machines, I have just been speaking to a European Diplomat who thought that unless we totally totally trust a system EVM is even more insecure as one does not have a proof of what he has voted. In India they have switched to Electronic Voting, but I think they also keep paper records? ..may be Indian members of this page should tell us about their EVM experiences..

Here is another post by Moeed Pirzada. Whats your opinion? Comment here and on facebook on his post as well!

Electronic Voting Machines? Many of you have suggested that we should have Electronic Voting Machines, I have just been speaking to a European Diplomat who thought that unless we totally totally trust a system EVM is even more insecure as one does not have a proof of what he has voted. In India they have switched to Electronic Voting, but I think they also keep paper records? ..may be Indian members of this page should tell us about their EVM experiences..

It's not hard to make a foolproof electronic voting machine. The security loopholes of Indian EVMs were exposed by a guy a few years ago. But one needs prior access of the machine for that. Now imagine these street gundas getting access to an EVM and paper ballots. Which of these would be easier to tamper with? After that controversy Election Commission of India is getting EVMs with paper trails. So they will keep simultaneous paper records of the votes, so if anything goes wrong they can refer back to those records.

Look we can't compare our societies with EU or other developed nations. Hardly anyone would rig elections there anyway. I fully support EVMs in countries like India/Pakistan.

But for Pakistan getting a proper election commission that can act without any political influence is the first step. If the parent body itself is corrupt you cannot expect a fair election. That is where India has been successful. The election commission in India is a completely independent and powerful body. I don't even recall any rigging allegation in recent times in India. Pakistan should try to copy the Indian system here.

if you guys are sharing videos from facebook, could you also share their links ? Its hard to get the facebook like unless i have to quote that post and copy the link ... I will really appreciate it

There was a bearded man in this video who was defending Khwaja Saad Rafique, he was the same guy who was caught by Mubashir Luqman from a polling station while casting fake votes! The guy admitted later he was sent by Saad Rafique.

Last edited by a moderator:
There was a bearded man in this video who was defending Khwaja Saad Rafique, he was the same guy who was caught by Mubashir Luqman from a polling station while casting fake votes! The guy admitted later he was sent by Saad Rafique.

Good catch. It's the same guy.

They rigged in city like Lahore & Karachi so boldly,, think about small cities & villages, how easily they would have cheated there.

Posting Mubashir Lukman's video again for comparison.
-
-
-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVILPEzI9_w

around to 8 years back or so, i worked on a project for my company in which we proposed a electronic voting solution to Nadra, it was based on two factor authentication / OTP and utilization secure Verisign MPKI infrastructure. The project never was implemented due to bureaucratic issues.

Since hamid khan appeal was rejected is PTI going to SC?

Back
Top Bottom