What's new

Judge who sentenced Saddam Hussein to death 'is captured and executed by ISIS'

Iraqi Judge who sentenced Saddam Hussein to death 'is captured and executed by ISIS'
  • Raouf Abdul Rahman sentenced the dictator to death by hanging in 2006
  • He was reportedly captured and killed by militants last week
  • Iraqi government is yet to confirm his death, but have not denied his capture
  • Judge thought to have been killed in retaliation for death of Saddam Hussein
By Lucy Crossley

Published: 17:32 EST, 22 June 2014 | Updated: 09:04 EST, 23 June 2014

The judge who sentenced former Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein to death has been captured and executed by ISIS militants, it is claimed.
Raouf Abdul Rahman, who sentenced the dictator to death by hanging in 2006, was reportedly killed by rebels in retaliation for the execution of the 69-year-old.

His death has not been confirmed by the Iraqi government, but officials had not denied reports of his capture last week.

article-2665360-03F4D56A0000044D-801_306x423.jpg

article-2665360-0488937F0000044D-854_306x423.jpg

Judge: Raouf Abdul Rahman (left) who sentenced former Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein (right) to death has reportedly been captured and executed by ISIS militants

He is believed to have been arrested on June 16, and died two days later.
Jordanian MP Khalil Attieh wrote on his Facebook page that Judge Rahman, who had headed the Supreme Iraqi Criminal Tribunal during Saddam's trial, had been arrested and sentenced to death.

'Iraqi revolutionaries arrested him and sentenced him to death in retaliation for the death of the martyr Saddam Hussein,' he said, according to Al-Mesyroon.

Attieh also said that Judge Rahman had unsuccessfully attempted to escape from Baghdad disguised in a dancer's costume.

More...
The Facebook page for Izzat Ibrahim al-Douri, Saddam's former deputy who has emerged as a key figure among the Sunni militants, also posted that the rebels had been able to arrest Judge Rahman.

Judge Rahmann, who was born in the Kurdish town of Halabja, took over midway through the trial in January 2006 after previous judge Rizgar Amin was criticised for being too lenient in his dealings with Hussein and his co-defendants.

The father of three had graduated from Baghdad University's law school in 1963 and worked as a lawyer before he was appointed as the chief judge of the Kurdistan Appeals Court in 1996.

article-2665360-04897D140000044D-757_634x423.jpg

On trial: The former Iraqi president gives his account to Judge Rahman during his trial in 2006

He oversaw Saddam's trial for crimes against humanity over the killing of 148 people in the town of Dujail following an assassination attempt in 1982, and sentenced him to death by hanging following the guilty verdict.

Judge Rahman had faced claims that he was biased as his home town had been the subject of a poison gas attack in 1988, allegedly ordered by Hussein.

A number of Judge Rahman's relatives were among the 5,000 people killed in the attack, and during the 1980s he was also reportedly detained and tortured by Saddam's security agents.

The judge later criticised the way the execution was carried out in December 2006, saying in 2008 that it should not have been carried out in public and branding it 'uncivilised and backward'.

The hanging had taken place as Sunni Muslims were celebrating the religious festival Eid al-Adha, and a video of the execution showed the former leader being taunted by members of the Shi'ite group.

In March 2007 it was reported that Judge Rahman had applied for asylum in Britain after travelling to the UK with his family on a tourist visa, claiming he feared for his life.

He never commented on the claims, which were denied by the Iraqi High Criminal Court Tribunal which said he had merely been in the UK for a holiday.

Read more: Judge who sentenced Saddam Hussein to death 'captured and executed by ISIS' | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Arabic Source: الثوار العراقيون: إعدام قاضي صدام حسين - المصريون

So ISIS is pro Saddam?? If so, is that why they have distanced themselves from Al-Qaeda which has always viewed Saddam Hussein as its enemy?? Or could there be other reasons?? Do they plan on reestablishing Saddam's Iraqi gov.t but under the guise of a Islamic movement??

Anyone knowledgeable in this topic please comment.

@Hazzy997 @Syrian Lion @Aeronaut @DESERT FIGHTER @flamer84 @Serpentine @JEskandari @haman10 @doritos @Tshering22 @Yzd Khalifa @Arabian Legend @JUBA @BLACKEAGLE
Jordanian are hypocrite people their intel is supporting CIA in afghanistan and Iraq

Perhaps if you handpick a few of Saddam's close friends, relatives and army loyalists, almost every other Iraqi has most probably suffered, maimed, lost someone or lost relatives due to chemical attacks or because of his stupid wars and oppressive regime's actions. I don't think it mattered anyway who sentenced him to death and I believe the judge has made him a favor by ruling capital punishment for an animal like him. He should have died in worst ways possible. His actions have perished nearly one million Iraqis, not to forget those who are alive and have suffered even more.
he is an animal because he attacked iran but ahmad shah masood farsi killer of pushtoons in afghanistan is a legend because he was ur beloved dog?? hypocracy

Where do u get this retarded theory from that anyone hates the family of the Prophet PBUH. Infact we do them due justice, and grant them their due respect by not worshiping them, and disrespecting them in that manner.

Saudi people are good people like other people.They are 85% Sunni and 15% Shia.
Among them some people exist that hate Shia and Ahlulbayt. most of suicides in Iraq are wahabi saudis.All of terrors in Pakistan and bloody unrestes in Syria and Iraq is cuz of Wahabis thought.
Those Nasbis have destroyed Ahlulbayt Shrines in Madina. No respect for Prophet [pbuh] and his grandsons. They are Nasibis.

60% of bombers in Iraq that daily kill Iraqis are Saudian. they are brain washed by devil horn wahabi moftis! bloody Muslim killer wahabis !

They fitwa to kill Syrian people and other thing that I can not tell here.

Last edited:
Aytoalkalb Khomeini twisted version permits those kind of acts.

WTF are u saying? We are Muslim, we follow Islamic values,we dont follow whatever Western countries order to us.Your kings are 100% puppet and the only thing that they are fighting for, is themself power.They kill Muslim brotherhood and also extremist Muslims in Egypt but support beheaders in Iraq and Syria. Now I am busy later I will show the only thing that Suadi is following is surviving their power.

Saudi people are good people like other people.They are 85% Sunni and 15% Shia. Among them some people exist that hate Shia and Ahlulbayt. One of their actions is destroying Ahlulbayt Shrines after reaching power.

Well, we have thousands hadiths from Ahlulubayt.
God is only Allah...
DO u know what happens to a human body when one dies. Yes prophets and who ever Allah chooses are immune to it. But still once the body and soul part ways, there is nothing left of them, but flesh. Allah is the one who grants all to us. He will protect his beloved if anyone is doing anything wrong with their bodies. Shrines were prohibited by the Prophet PBUH himself. Ali RA was ordered to flatten even the graves, then how could you go against them and claim to love them at the same time. U know that the Prophet PBUH said it himself that he would rather let the wall of Kaaba fall, if that means that he will save a human life. And yet you guys in the name of protecting shrines, which have become the center of shirk, go around killing people.

Jordanian are hypocrite people their intel is supporting CIA in afghanistan and Iraq

he is an animal because he attacked iran but ahmad shah masood farsi killer of pushtoons in afghanistan is a legend because he was ur beloved dog?? hypocracy

Killing thousands Iraqis,Shia and Sunni, killing Kurds by chemical boms, cuzing thousand Iranian and Iraqis and... all of them make him a executioner . If even he killed one person he become executioner how to reach thousands people without reason...

Killing thousands Iraqis,Shia and Sunni, killing Kurds by chemical boms, cuzing thousand Iranian and Iraqis and... all of them make him a executioner . If even he killed one person he become executioner how to reach thousands people without reason...
then my friend if saddam was an evil man then i think ahmad shah masood falls in the same category of evil man killer of thousands of pushtoons and destroyer of Kabul city then why u iranian were supporting him atleast be fair while judging people

Now the major concern is if ISIS reaches Pakistan. Today there were news reports that they are spreading towards Jordan. While those countries are pretty small and have limited firepower.

All of us will need to support Iran and target the finances of ISIS.

DO u know what happens to a human body when one dies. Yes prophets and who ever Allah chooses are immune to it. But still once the body and soul part ways, there is nothing left of them, but flesh. Allah is the one who grants all to us. He will protect his beloved if anyone is doing anything wrong with their bodies. Shrines were prohibited by the Prophet PBUH himself. Ali RA was ordered to flatten even the graves, then how could you go against them and claim to love them at the same time. U know that the Prophet PBUH said it himself that he would rather let the wall of Kaaba fall, if that means that he will save a human life. And yet you guys in the name of protecting shrines, which have become the center of shirk, go around killing people.

Those hadiths are fake .

Quran:

وَلَقَدْ أَخَذَ اللّهُ مِيثَاقَ بَنِي إِسْرَائِيلَ وَبَعَثْنَا مِنهُمُ اثْنَيْ عَشَرَ نَقِيبًا وَقَالَ اللّهُ إِنِّي مَعَكُمْ لَئِنْ أَقَمْتُمُ الصَّلاَةَ وَآتَيْتُمُ الزَّكَاةَ وَآمَنتُم بِرُسُلِي وَعَزَّرْتُمُوهُمْ وَأَقْرَضْتُمُ اللّهَ قَرْضًا حَسَنًا لَّأُكَفِّرَنَّ عَنكُمْ سَيِّئَاتِكُمْ وَلأُدْخِلَنَّكُمْ جَنَّاتٍ تَجْرِي مِن تَحْتِهَا الأَنْهَارُ فَمَن كَفَرَ بَعْدَ ذَلِكَ مِنكُمْ فَقَدْ ضَلَّ سَوَاء السَّبِيلِ ﴿۱۲﴾

Allah made a covenant with the children of israel and raised among them twelve chieftains. he said: 'i shall be with you and if you establish the prayers and pay the obligatory charity; if you believe in my messengers and assist them and give allah a generous loan, i shall forgive you your sins and admit you to gardens underneath which rivers flow. whosoever amongst you disbelieves after that, he indeed has strayed from the straight path.12

فَبِمَا نَقْضِهِم مِّيثَاقَهُمْ لَعنَّاهُمْ وَجَعَلْنَا قُلُوبَهُمْ قَاسِيَةً يُحَرِّفُونَ الْكَلِمَ عَن مَّوَاضِعِهِ وَنَسُواْ حَظًّا مِّمَّا ذُكِّرُواْ بِهِ وَلاَ تَزَالُ تَطَّلِعُ عَلَىَ خَآئِنَةٍ مِّنْهُمْ إِلاَّ قَلِيلًا مِّنْهُمُ فَاعْفُ عَنْهُمْ وَاصْفَحْ إِنَّ اللّهَ يُحِبُّ الْمُحْسِنِينَ ﴿۱۳﴾

But because they broke their covenant, we cursed them and hardened their hearts. they changed the words from their places and have forgotten a portion of what they were reminded. except for a few, you will always find treachery from them, yet pardon them, and forgive; indeed allah loves the gooddoers.13
[5,12-13]

Abdullah bin Amar (RA) relates that the Holy Prophet (peace be upon him) said "Surely things will happen to my people as happened earlier to Israelites, Verily the Israelites were divided into 72 sections but my people will be divided into 73 sections, all of them will be Astray except one." The companions asked, 'Who are they O Messenger of Allah,' Holy Prophet (peace be upon him) said, "They are those who will be like me and my companions."

The word Albayt "البیت" exist in Quran 14 times.
The word Shia exist in Quran 12 times.
The word Imam exist in Quran 12 times.
The word " شَفَاعَة , الشَّفَاعَةُ" "intercession" "mediation" exist in Quran 11 times . (Imam Mahdi (att) is alive)

There are hundreds hadiths about shifa'at.

الائمة الاثنی عشر

Another good thing, Christian people say Aposles of Prophet Jesus[pbuh] that chose by him were 12 persons.

Last edited:
then my friend if saddam was an evil man then i think ahmad shah masood falls in the same category of evil man killer of thousands of pushtoons and destroyer of Kabul city then why u iranian were supporting him atleast be fair while judging people
Stop going off topic!

you have no right to come up with that conclusion since the cult of shiasm has nothing to do with Islam

Person who Killed over a Million plus people to Please the House of Saud and west plus is shaheed. You are so true we have nothing to do with what ever that you practice.

Back
Top Bottom