What's new

JON LAKE EXCLUSIVE REPORT ON RAFALE . MUST WATCH

DrSomnath999

Reaction score
Country
India
PLZ NOTE ANYONE HAVING PROBLEM VIEWING THE PICS THEN PLZ 1ST SAVE IT IN YOUR PC THEN ZOOM IT FOR BETTER VIEW

THIS REPORT IS FROM COMBAT AIRCRAFT MONTHLY MAGAZINE MAY 2012 EDITION BY JON LAKE WHO IS A VERY REPUTED AVIATION JOURNALIST
& HAD WON THE 2008 BOEING IDS AWARD FOR THE BEST DEFENCE SUBMISSION IN THE AVIATION JOURNALIST OF THE YEAR AWARDS.
PERSONALLY HE IS A BIG ADMIRER OF TYPHOON & A BIG CRITIC OF RAFALE BUT THIS TIME HE FINALLY ADMITS THAT RAFALE HAS OUTPERFORM
THE TYPHOON .

NOTHING IS MORE FUNNY WHEN A CRITIC HIMSELF ADMITS A PRODUCT'S QUALITY WHICH HE CRITICISES A LOT . Haaaa Haa
smiley-laughing024.gif

THIS IS THE FRONT COVER OF THE MAGAZINE
COMBATAIRCRAFTMONTHLYMAY2012.jpg

RAFALE RIDING HIGH
RAFALERIDINGHIGHBYJOHNLAKE.jpg

PAGE 1
pg1.jpg

PAGE 2
pg2.jpg

PAGE 3
Pg3.jpg

PAGE 4
Pg4.jpg

PAGE 5
PG5.jpg

FROM THE AUTHOR :
Sorry guys i cant post the source of the magazine where i downloaded it to respect copyright.But this article is surely a big slap on the face of all RAFALE haters as the article is posted by a author who is himself a big critic of rafale.

well unfortunately this author doent want other nations to follow india & brazil's model or elze ef typhoon would have a scarcity of customers ,

& few drawbacks he did point out on rafale
1) rafale's lacks a proper HMS system
2) rafale's AESA is operational but it is not powerful or advanced as Typhoon E captor aesa radar

I hope rafale can manage the 1st which i & author mention here

well unfortunately this author doent want other nations to follow india & brazil's model or elze ef typhoon would have a scarcity of customers ,

& few drawbacks he did point out on rafale
1) rafale's lacks a proper HMS system
2) rafale's AESA is operational but it is not powerful or advanced as Typhoon E captor aesa radar

I hope rafale can manage the 1st which i & author mention here

He is known for his bias towards the EF and that's why many of his articles wasn't really worth reading, but since Libya his mind has changed a bit, possibly because he could see the real difference in a direct 1 on 1 comparison. That, Indias selection and the Swiss evaluation report hardly leaves any points for EF supporters these days. Unless you want to stick with the usual claims of less thrust and radar detection limitation, by ignoring that not in a single competition Rafale was criticised in these fields.
EF AESA has the "potential" to have longer detection range, but as of know it is not even available in a demonstrator version, so that is nothing but a claim yet.
HMS integration is not an issue for Rafale either, since Topsight prototypes were integrated and tested years ago, the only issue is the selection of one, because there are 2 different on offer and funding the integration, which will be done by India or UAE for sure.

As I often pointed out in the MMRCA thread, the EF 2020, brings it just on par with the Rafale F3+ that will be in operational service next year, which shows how big the gap is currently and contrary to what Mr. Lake said in the article, time is running against EF not in favour for it!

- EF production is secured only till 2017
- if no export customer will be found, EF partners will only fund limited upgrades and not full T3B options, since they already cancelled their orders
- the more time passes, the more better alternatives will be available, be it stealth fighters like the F35 or unmanned drones that take over recon, CAS or deep strike roles (like we can see for the RAF currently)

So if there won't be any clear decisions by the partners for upgrades now and no export customer is ready to fund all the features that are needed to make it a capable multi role fighter, EF will be history very soon!

^^^^ exactly he has to admit that Rafale has indeed outperformed typhoon :lol:

SANCHO i wanna ask u something, god forbids if this MMRCA deal is scrapped for corruption charges then should we buy F35 or
typhoon ??? plz answer

@ DrSomnath999 thanks buddy for posting

On thread: The haters (jealous in reality) will be haters.

SANCHO i wanna ask u something, god forbids if this MMRCA deal is scrapped for corruption charges then should we buy F35 or
typhoon ??? plz answer

I think you mean if Rafale deal is scrapped, because MMRCA deal would include EF. Also if Rafale deal would be scrapped, the only remaining option would be EF, since F35 was never in the competition and don't fullfil MMRCA requirements (licence production, ToT, TWR or G-limits...).

I think you mean if Rafale deal is scrapped, because MMRCA deal would include EF. Also if Rafale deal would be scrapped, the only remaining option would be EF, since F35 was never in the competition and don't fullfil MMRCA requirements (licence production, ToT, TWR or G-limits...).
If Rafale deal is scraped on the basis of claims of corruption in calculating L1. The deal is most likely to be scraped as it will put MOD on canon ball. Few will be fired few will be investigated. And deal will be closed keeping IAF high and dry. It is most unlikely that MOD will go ahead with the deal in which it's own people are being charged for malpractice.

It's most unlikely senario. Raffel is surely L1 piece wise. Then allegation must be about life cycle cost. Raffel has upper hand here. As IAF was operated French jets. So infrastructure and experience is already in place. So EF is definitely looser. It's just matter of time and due procedure. Result of this circus is expected before this month end

If Rafale deal is scraped on the basis of claims of corruption in calculating L1. The deal is most likely to be scraped as it will put MOD on canon ball. Few will be fired few will be investigated. And deal will be closed keeping IAF high and dry. It is most unlikely that MOD will go ahead with the deal in which it's own people are being charged for malpractice.

It's most unlikely senario. Raffel is surely L1 piece wise. Then allegation must be about life cycle cost. Raffel has upper hand here. As IAF was operated French jets. So infrastructure and experience is already in place. So EF is definitely looser. It's just matter of time and due procedure. Result of this circus is expected before this month end

Not going to happen, since IAF needs these fighters badly and already suffered from MoDs earlier decision to switch from MRCA to MMRCA. If Rafale would be disqualified for whatever reasons, the EF would be the only choice left, one reason why I would have prefered 3 fighters beeing shortlisted.

There is option of buying through FMS if something come out of this. May be more Su30 mki or new Migs to fill up gaps. But I am 110 % sure if something wrong found in MOD deal is gone forever. That's how our Saint Antony is working. He will not lose this apportunity to become more MR clean.
Well that's what I think :)

Come on guys, this deal was fair and transparent at every stage. This deal has been carried out in an extremely proffesional manner by IAF/MoD and has recieved much praise and respect from all around the world. Not one allegation of corruption has been aired, this speaks for itself. Everything that we know supports the Rafale's emergence as the winner- it more then meets IAF's AFQRs and does seem to be cheaper in relation to recent EFT sale prices (not to mention you can be sure Dassulat gave a VERY reasonsble price given their desperation for this deal).

yes i know F35 was never in competition but US has offered to be a partner or buyer .BUt if u were given the choice to choose a
fighter between the two whom would u chose F35 or EF typhoon for india :D

Come on guys, this deal was fair and transparent at every stage. This deal has been carried out in an extremely proffesional manner by IAF/MoD and has recieved much praise and respect from all around the world. Not one allegation of corruption has been aired, this speaks for itself. Everything that we know supports the Rafale's emergence as the winner- it more then meets IAF's AFQRs and does seem to be cheaper in relation to recent EFT sale prices (not to mention you can be sure Dassulat gave a VERY reasonsble price given their desperation for this deal).
u forgot THE MOD has stated the defence ministry wont sign the deal until it is cleared by CBI.,

LOOLLLZ more funny news:rofl:

from jane's defence weekly april 2012
Riyadh to upgrade Typhoon with french system like damocles targeting pod & SAGEM AASM hammer
janes.jpg

yes i know F35 was never in competition but US has offered to be a partner or buyer .BUt if u were given the choice to choose a
fighter between the two whom would u chose F35 or EF typhoon for india :D

Without MMRCA requirements in mind, EF would be the better for our industrial improvement, F35 would be better for our operational advantages, that's why I take Rafale, because it offers both! :D

If that is not possible probably with EF, it might take time and a lot of funds till it will be capable, but I want IAF to remain independent in first place!
Btw the news that the Saudis adds AASM would improve EFs chances for me, since it then will get the same stand off, precision strike capability Rafale has now and possible even the SEAD capability. If the Saudis can add Brimstone too, if would have dramatically improved it's strike capability at the lower and medium ranges.

Back
Top Bottom