What's new

Jinnah’s journey from an Indian nationalist to a Muslim separatist

You of course are entitled to your opinion, but for me, the opinion and vision of the founding fathers of Pakistan is what matters ...

But you should know that we don't have to remove Islam from the constitution to create Jinnah's Pakistan. The 1951 Libyan Constitution, in my opinion, is a perfect example of what Jinnah wanted for Pakistan .....

The 1951 Libyan Constitution proclaims Islam as the state religion but formally sets out rights such as equality before the law as well as equal civil and political rights, equal opportunities, and an equal responsibility for public duties and obligations "without distinction of religion, belief, race, language, wealth, kinship or political or social opinions"
For me, it is what Islam matters.

I do not know what you believe in... some philosophers or Islam?

Pakistan was founded on the base of Islamic religion so was india on Hinduism neither countries were founded based on ethnicity or language

Jinnah was a visionary and realistic leader

and both were a conspiracy to divide the sub continent, as british had the last laugh.

“The question is not whether the English had a right to conquer India, but whether we are to prefer India conquered by the Turk, by the Persian, by the Russian, to India conquered by the Briton.” ____ Karl Marx

Pakistan was founded on the base of Islamic religion so was india on Hinduism neither countries were founded based on ethnicity or language

Jinnah was a visionary and realistic leader

India was not founded on religious lines, matter a fact, the founder was killed for being not that extreme. His son was a Muslim. Fasted so the new Pakistan could get it's due, which caused his death from Hindu extremest. And fasted so the religious riots would end. Both extremist Azad Hind and non-violent Gandhi movement were nationalist movements.

Even the earlier rebellion where mortal enemies like the Marathas and Mughals lineage fought together were some sort of proto pan-subcontinental movement.

Last edited:
Respect the Brits - they turned a continent into a country.

only british slaves whose ancestors polished british lords shoes will praise them.

No it wasn't the british it was the religious extremism who caused the divide

No, British divided india by implementing divide and rule policy, the hindus and muslims fought side by side in 1857 independence war.

jinnah was not a separatist by any means, pakistan was not formed until 1946 elections which garnered support for muslim league and which only became possible when muslims and hindu political leadership failed to come under one page.

India should respect Jimnah by honoring him with bharat ratna. He did a great service to India by partitioning the sub continent.

India should respect Jimnah by honoring him with bharat ratna. He did a great service to India by partitioning the sub continent.
Agreed that Partition was the right thing to do.

The Hindus lost land they will never get back. ;)

Muslims would have made only 33% maximum in a united South Asia. ;)

Pakistan is supposed to be an Islamic state.
No, Pakistan was created for the Muslims of India (that were in majority in the East and West) with guaranteed equal right for all other non-Muslims of India.

Jinnah's Pakistan was secular with equal rights for all. We were never a Islamic Republic in '47.

Well, the Congress was equally responsible for the partition ... Jinnah was ready to give up his demand of a separate Muslim homeland as late as 1946 when he accepted the Cabinet Mission Plan, Congress rejected the plan which promised united India

In words of Maulana Azad:

" Looking back after ten years, I concede that there was force in what Mr.Jinnah said. The Congress and the League were both parties to the agreement, and it was on the basis of distribution among the center, the provinces and the groups that the League had accepted the plan. Congress was neither wise nor right in raising doubts. It should have accepted the Plan unequivocally if it stood for the unity of India. Vacillation would give Mr.Jinnah the opportunity to divide India."

No, Pakistan was created for the Muslims of India (that were in majority in the East and West) with guaranteed equal right for all other non-Muslims of India.

Jinnah's Pakistan was secular with equal rights for all. We were never a Islamic Republic in '47.
LOL BIGGEST LIE EVER!

Pakistan was never supposed to be a secular country.

There were many in the Muslim league advocating for an Islamic state.

Raja Sahib Mahmoodabad, a leader of the Muslim League and close associate of Jinnah, also cited the incident in his memoirs. Mahmoodabad added his personal experience with Jinnah on the matter of establishing Pakistan as an Islamic state.

“During 1941-5, we advocated that Pakistan should be an Islamic state. I must confess I was very enthusiastic about it and in my speeches I constantly propagated my ideas.

https://www.dawn.com/news/839809

Only the traitors in Pakistan to advocate a secular state to weaken the Muslim forces in the country.

LOL BIGGEST LIE EVER!

Pakistan was never supposed to be a secular country.

There were many in the Muslim league advocating for an Islamic state.

Raja Sahib Mahmoodabad, a leader of the Muslim League and close associate of Jinnah, also cited the incident in his memoirs. Mahmoodabad added his personal experience with Jinnah on the matter of establishing Pakistan as an Islamic state.

“During 1941-5, we advocated that Pakistan should be an Islamic state. I must confess I was very enthusiastic about it and in my speeches I constantly propagated my ideas.

https://www.dawn.com/news/839809

Only the traitors in Pakistan to advocate a secular state to weaken the Muslim forces in the country.
Go read up Jinnah's speech a few days prior to independence. If there were a few idiots wanting an Islamic Republic I don't know however 1 thing I put my life on is that Jinnah didn't!

Don't distort facts for your personal opinion.

YOU ARE FREE! YOU ARE FREE TO GO TO YOUR TEMPLES, YOU ARE FREE TO GO TO YOUR MOSQUES!

only british slaves whose ancestors polished british lords shoes will praise them.

No, British divided india by implementing divide and rule policy, the hindus and muslims fought side by side in 1857 independence war.

jinnah was not a separatist by any means, pakistan was not formed until 1946 elections which garnered support for muslim league and which only became possible when muslims and hindu political leadership failed to come under one page.
Well I know for fact that neither ghandi or Jinnah wanted division Jinnah was pro india but the extremism and colonization didn't help them to succeed

Back
Top Bottom