What's new

JF17 AESA radar

For starters, the age old issue of $$$$$. Since funds being diverted to IDP's and Zarb e Azab.

I do not think you know where they got those funds... But I am pretty sure some projects are put back on top and this is one of them.

Can't wait for the 100th Jet to roll out , and with Block 2 Initials, must be exciting times to be Pakistan Airforce pilot to be able to fly these babies

Is the 3rd Squadron active yet ?

a83a5c17e6b0d6639fb61ab98b54044b.jpg

After testing the AESA radar, pilots must train with it, since it is a whole new world in air warfare technologies that it opens. That takes time too, so it might be in either phase by now. I am pretty sure there is a way of fitting a good AESA radar on the JF-17 in place of the current radar and its cooling system, that will put it in a totally different league.

the jf-17 is target practice for the IAF even if you improve it with the best radar its still short legged, the design rotates around the RD-93 turbofan, if you're replacing the engine, it would require major changes in the design. It will take many years before anything decent comes PAFs way and by then the IAF will be locked an loaded with squadrons of rafales and 5th generation stealth fighters, how on earth can the PAF compete against that?

Even falco UAV carrirs AESA. and falco is smaller than thunder
that is a SAR radar very different from an combat AESA .it is just for ground surveillance. yes the concept is same behind both but bot systems are different in purpose and design.

the jf-17 is target practice for the IAF even if you improve it with the best radar its still short legged, the design rotates around the RD-93 turbofan, if you're replacing the engine, it would require major changes in the design. It will take many years before anything decent comes PAFs way and by then the IAF will be locked an loaded with squadrons of rafales and 5th generation stealth fighters, how on earth can the PAF compete against that?
Exactly as you say Sir. We will be target practice for the mighty IAF.
Araz

There's a good reason why the PAF, IAF and other airforces don't speak about each other like that, it's a most unprofessional thing to do to underestimate your enemy. Especially if you aren't too clued up on what you're dealing with in the first place.

Congrats on achieving air superiority ACM, PDF is proud of you, here's a medal on me.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom