What's new

JF-17X- A Pakistani Stealth Fighter

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of people here think you can tweak a couple of things here and there and end up with a 'stealth' fighter. Unfortunately, they are living in their little worlds where their imagination ( or rather wishes) work just fine and anything and everything can be done by their brilliant piece of thinking - which no one else in the world had thought of or was simply incapable of doing.

A 'stealth' fighter is not something that every tom, dick and harry's plane can be turned into. It has to be designed as a stealth fighter from the bottom up i.e. right from the first conceptual drawings. Otherwise, the US wouldnt have spent $50 billion on an F-22 but made a F-16X, F-14X and what not and Russia would have been having a SU-30X and Mig-29X ( for some reason everyone seems to associate an 'X' when fantasizing their favorite aircraft to become a stealth fighter so I kept the convention).

There will be no Stealth JF-17...EVER... because if there is, it won't be anything like the JF-17 and will be an entirely different plane. The best JF-17 will have is weight reduction and 'some' RCS reduction upgrades.

A lot of people here think you can tweak a couple of things here and there and end up with a 'stealth' fighter. Unfortunately, they are living in their little worlds where their imagination ( or rather wishes) work just fine and anything and everything can be done by their brilliant piece of thinking - which no one else in the world had thought of or was simply incapable of doing.

A 'stealth' fighter is not something that every tom, dick and harry's plane can be turned into. It has to be designed as a stealth fighter from the bottom up i.e. right from the first conceptual drawings. Otherwise, the US wouldnt have spent $50 billion on an F-22 but made a F-16X, F-14X and what not and Russia would have been having a SU-30X and Mig-29X ( for some reason everyone seems to associate an 'X' when fantasizing their favorite aircraft to become a stealth fighter so I kept the convention).

There will be no Stealth JF-17...EVER... because if there is, it won't be anything like the JF-17 and will be an entirely different plane. The best JF-17 will have is weight reduction and 'some' RCS reduction upgrades.

buddy i agree with u 100% the thing hear is we MAY be getting a stealth fighter MRCA or making one as my friend in AWC said but it ll not be jf17 ..the only up grades it ll get r basiclly in side its air frames and very little structural changes just like frm j10 to j10b ....bu stealth is not possible for jf17 yes there are thoughts of a single engin stealth fighter but that is not jf17 its designation is different and till now its still on papr not on runway....

err... well the PAK-FA does very obviously trace its roots to the su-27 you can kinda call it a su-30x

err... well the PAK-FA does very obviously trace its roots to the su-27 you can kinda call it a su-30x

Look at and SU-30 and look at the pak-fa, they have nothing in common, the closest thing the pak-fa and the SU-30 share is that they both have intakes that hang below the fusalage and that the engines are widely spaced, other than that they are night and day. "Kinda" calling the pak-fa an "SU-30X' is obsurd.

Look at and SU-30 and look at the pak-fa, they have nothing in common, the closest thing the pak-fa and the SU-30 share is that they both have intakes that hang below the fusalage and that the engines are widely spaced, other than that they are night and day. "Kinda" calling the pak-fa an "SU-30X' is obsurd.

You took my words...

Btw : This is Su 27 Inside View -

su-27.jpg

While This is 4.5 Gen ( Pak FA will have even Better ) Su 35 :

Mordern Fighters are More or Less 'Similar' under the factors pltd mentioned above... from Outside.

Last edited:
let paf make thunder enough strong to counter to indian mig 29 and mki's

the lineage is from the su-27 many people agree with this, look it up, there is nothing wrong with having its lineage from the su-27 as the pak-fa was never going for the full aspect stealth the way the f-22 did.

also the interior means little i can show you pics of the cockpits of old su-27 vs newer ones but that dont mean they are completely different planes

You took my words...

Btw : This is Su 27 Inside View -

While This is 4.5 Gen ( Pak FA will have even Better ) Su 35 :

Mordern Fighters are More or Less 'Similar' under the factors pltd mentioned above... from Outside.

even more to my point, the su-35 is definitely a derivative of the su-27

Why not Pakistan joining with Indonesia and South Korean KFX 5.0 Gen fighter project? I think it will be best option for Pakistan 5.0 Gen fighter.

Why not Pakistan joining with Indonesia and South Korean KFX 5.0 Gen fighter project? I think it will be best option for Pakistan 5.0 Gen fighter.

South korean aerospace technology is not matured yet atleast not at par with the western, russians and even chinese .Till to date they have made only one fighter aircraft "Ching kuo" whose performance is not much known as it is only used by South Korea. so its a waste to put money in such a project which has so much ambiguity involved in it . if Paf can afford such thing then better to go for chinese jxx

Also there may b a lot of US tech involved in KFX

what pak should do?

First of all make economy strong till 2015 that if we spend 5% on GDP and it makes around 15-20Bn USD.
then start a indegenous 5th generation program and also buy j-xx frm china in 2020..

make economy strong first and then think about 5th generation or any other military stuff

with a limited 5 Bn budget we can hardly buy only the cheap jf-17 squaden per yearr

---------- Post added at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 PM ----------

what pak should do?

First of all make economy strong till 2015 that if we spend 5% on GDP and it makes around 15-20Bn USD.
then start a indegenous 5th generation program and also buy j-xx frm china in 2020..

make economy strong first and then think about 5th generation or any other military stuff

with a limited 5 Bn budget we can hardly buy only the cheap jf-17 squaden per yearr

I read somewhere that KFX isn't going to be 5th gen, but rather similar in performance to advance F-16 and that they will still need foreign (American) technology assistance.

South korean aerospace technology is not matured yet atleast not at par with the western, russians and even chinese .Till to date they have made only one fighter aircraft "Ching kuo" whose performance is not much known as it is only used by South Korea. so its a waste to put money in such a project which has so much ambiguity involved in it . if Paf can afford such thing then better to go for chinese jxx

Also there may b a lot of US tech involved in KFX

Ching Kuo is a Taiwanese plane. Definitely not Korean

I read somewhere that KFX isn't going to be 5th gen, but rather similar in performance to advance F-16 and that they will still need foreign (American) technology assistance.

SK and Japan have development programs for the next generation of fighter. Both of them are dependent on other country's engine, stealth tech, radars and etc.. And weapon systems too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom