What's new

JF-17B Updates, News & Discussion

Photo-3263.jpg

I think PAF should acquire some 50-60 M-346 for LIFT/AJT. I guess PAF is also interested in acquiring some 50 L-15s as well. M-346 & L-15 will be a good addition to CSS for LIFT/AJT.
Lets say the PAF acquires these 50-60 M-346...

Do you have any idea what's the fly away price tag?
USD $25 Million!!!

Yeah, its a whole lot better than the M-345, but do you honestly think the PAF would buy those even if it were a serious contender to replace the K-8's.

On the flip side the Hongdu L-15 is valued around a mere $ USD 10-15 Million [depending on the add-ons].

I don't see PAF giving up on the K-8's anytime in the near future, which also happen to be made by Hongdu.

But why we second LIfT/AJT?

LIFT/AJT are used before OCU (Operational Conversion Unit) i.e F-16B & JF-17B.

Let's hope PAF will make a purchase of M-346.
Lets say the PAF acquires these 50-60 M-346...

Do you have any idea what's the fly away price tag?
USD $25 Million!!!

Yeah, its a whole lot better than the M-345, but do you honestly think the PAF would buy those even if it were a serious contender to replace the K-8's.

On the flip side the Hongdu L-15 is valued around a mere $ USD 10-15 Million [depending on the add-ons].

I don't see PAF giving up on the K-8's anytime in the near future, which also happen to be made by Hongdu.

The role of M-345 (is an IJT) is totally different from M-346 (is an AJT/LIFT).

M-345 can complement K-8 and cannot replace it. M-346 can add LIFT/AJT capabilities in PAF CSS and L-15 can also be a good combination to train pilots better.

As paf will have more than 200 or 10 plus sqn so there will be more than one ocu meaning at least 4-6 in each ocu and reminding one to two dual seater going to each sqn

assuming 8-12 split between two ocu that leaves 18-14 dual seater to be distributed among at least 10-12 sqdns

perhaps additional dual seater may be ordered later

As paf will have more than 200 or 10 plus sqn so there will be more than one ocu meaning at least 4-6 in each ocu and reminding one to two dual seater going to each sqn

assuming 8-12 split between two ocu that leaves 18-14 dual seater to be distributed among at least 10-12 sqdns

perhaps additional dual seater may be ordered later
14 in ocu
Rest each squardon will have 1-2
So assuming we end up with 9 squardons we may end up with around 18+14 dual seaters ~32

If you go one for one sqn replacement of mirages and f7 than there is a Need of ~ 10sqdn, there are 6/7 mirage sqn and 3 pg sqn that need to be replaced

block 3current order will take pg out that leaves 6/7 mirage sqn

so total jf sqn may touch 15-17 unless a few sqn of other type is introduced

LIFT/AJT are used before OCU (Operational Conversion Unit) i.e F-16B & JF-17B.

Let's hope PAF will make a purchase of M-346.

The role of M-345 (is an IJT) is totally different from M-346 (is an AJT/LIFT).

M-345 can complement K-8 and cannot replace it. M-346 can add LIFT/AJT capabilities in PAF CSS and L-15 can also be a good combination to train pilots better.
No not supported, PAF must find a solution with existing fleet! and there is a crazy Idea to do it IMO.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom