What's new

JF-17B Updates, News & Discussion

Will CCS going to use these JF-17Bs as LIFTs or PAF plans to buy a batch of 50 M-346 for the training purpose?

1613839437781.png

With air temperature in the negative double digits at 5,000m, I am thinking "how difficult could it be to air cool"?

View attachment 717435

Here is an extract from my post from a few months ago. It deals with heating issues.

So according to this writer, at an altitude of 35,000 feet, the air flow of the air-cooled system will be reduced to 40% of the sea level. That maybe correct but what he very conveniently forget to mention is that the corresponding air temperature drops as well.

So the basic question is why do you need certain air-flows? You need certain air-flow because you want certain amount of heat to dissipate from the on-board system/s of the fighter. But this air-flow will be varied by the system taking into account the outside air temperature. At an altitude of 35,000 the outside air temperature is usually around -40° C to -57° C. So technically you do not need the same Air 'Flow rate' at higher altitudes than the Flow-rate required at lower altitudes. In other words, less Air-flow would be required at higher altitudes to dissipate system heat due to lower external temperatures.

Not only this, the onboard fighter-jet systems components can be manufactured using gallium nitride instead of Silicon as Gallium Nitride components can withstand very high temperatures .

I think JF-17B is being used to conversion trainer for single seat JF-17 B1/2 just like F-16B for single seat F-16 as well as for strike and CAS missions

I think PAF should acquire some 50-60 M-346 for LIFT/AJT. I guess PAF is also interested in acquiring some 50 L-15s as well. M-346 & L-15 will be a good addition to CSS for LIFT/AJT.

And for Basic & Intermediate Jet Training K-8s along with some M-345 will be a very good combination.

Mr @Incog_nito .
Please consider the finances and needs of your country before making such statements. If you have ascertained a need justify it. Why do we need 50 each of M346 and L15s when we are using FT7 and JFTBs for conversion? Why is there a need for a second fighter? How do you justify large numbers of training platforms?

I think JF-17B is being used to conversion trainer for single seat JF-17 B1/2 just like F-16B for single seat F-16 as well as for strike and CAS missions

I thin
Mr @Incog_nito .
Please consider the finances and needs of your country before making such statements. If you have ascertained a need justify it. Why do we need 50 each of M346 and L15s when we are using FT7 and JFTBs for conversion? Why is there a need for a second fighter? How do you justify large numbers of training platforms?

FT-7s are not as good as modern machines. Finances, you are absolutely right and it will improve soon. :pakistan:

Back
Top Bottom