What's new

JF-17B Updates, News & Discussion

I guess same reason as on F-16, the inner pylon can effect the drop tank.

@Windjammer, have a look at this picture dear. It's from ISAC 2019 and by the looks of it three GBU.12's are being carried on a TER which means that it's possible to carry three LGB's though it's a configuration which is used infrequently.
Screenshot_20210222-184238_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

it the Thunder is able to carry 20 bombs in each dual rack, any reason why it can't carry 2 SD-10s the same way given that the SD-10 is much lighter than the bomb?
I think you meant 2 bombs.
Anyways, it's nothing to do with weight but the mechanism which is not in place yet.

@Windjammer, have a look at this picture dear. It's from ISAC 2019 and by the looks of it three GBU.12's are being carried on a TER which means that it's possible to carry three LGB's though it's a configuration which is used infrequently. View attachment 718803

Sir the triple rack are deployed at times but it's said that when drop tanks are deployed the inner rack is seldom used as when inner load is released, it can come in contact with the fuel tank.

1614020152138.png

fair enough but how hard could putting that mechanism in place be?
Dear as i said elsewhere before, an aircraft totting half a dozen missiles makes an impressive sight, at the same time something like an SU-30 can carry a dozen AAMs.....but it took just one AMRAAM to destroy the myth.

Dear as i said elsewhere before, an aircraft totting half a dozen missiles makes an impressive sight, at the same time something like an SU-30 can carry a dozen AAMs.....but it took just one AMRAAM to destroy the myth.
that's not my question though...I am asking what would it entail to be able to mount 2 SD-10s on 1 dual rack since weight is obviously not an issue. Can't deny the advantages of carrying 4 in stead of two BVR missiles, it just took one AMRAAM to destroy the indian "dozen missiles" myth, then why not destroy 4 indian myths instead of 2?

that's not my question though...I am asking what would it entail to be able to mount 2 SD-10s on 1 dual rack since weight is obviously not an issue. Can't deny the advantages of carrying 4 in stead of two BVR missiles, it just took one AMRAAM to destroy the indian "dozen missiles" myth, then why not destroy 4 indian myths instead of 2?
I guess first you need to produce/introduce a twin rail pylon and then rewire the whole the whole system to make the additional missiles hot. You also need to take into consideration whether your platform carries sufficient fuel to stay in the battle long enough to utilise all the missiles.

Having said that, a model of JF-17 with dual racks did appear so here certainly sky is the limit.

1614027219943.png

I guess first you need to produce/introduce a twin rail pylon and then rewire the whole the whole system to make the additional missiles hot. You also need to take into consideration whether your platform carries sufficient fuel to stay in the battle long enough to utilise all the missiles.

Having said that, a model of JF-17 with dual racks did appear so here certainly sky is the limit.

View attachment 718843
there should be enough fuel...I mean after all, it's able to stay airborne with dual bomb racks which means that it can be used for missions where it drops 4 bombs on 4 different targets...since its radar can target I believe 7 air to air targets, no reason to believe that the Thunder can't engage 4 of those 7 targets by firing 1 SD-10 at each target. My point is that taking on the task of extra rewiring, having 4 SD-10s on dual racks doubles the Thunder's force multiplication.

Hi,

Because this time the indians would be shooting back.

not like the indians were playing patty cakes with us before instead of shooting back.

Hi,

Oh yes they were---. They had an agenda---and the PAF fell into face first.

Only if the paf had smashed that sqdrn that was flying in the air---that would be a different result.

But as of now---the IAF has gained more than what they had expected---.

Paf's fck ups are royal---. They had the IAF where they wanted to---.

Never forget what Indira Gandhi told her generals---" pakistani generals have no ballz---don't worry---go ahead attack east pakistan ".

Hi,

Oh yes they were---. They had an agenda---and the PAF fell into face first.

Only if the paf had smashed that sqdrn that was flying in the air---that would be a different result.

But as of now---the IAF has gained more than what they had expected---.

Paf's fck ups are royal---. They had the IAF where they wanted to---.

Never forget what Indira Gandhi told her generals---" pakistani generals have no ballz---don't worry---go ahead attack east pakistan ".
the greatest mistake that the PAF has made is that they didn't take advice from you. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Last edited:
Not sure if paf is looking into Sdb which double capability especially engaging target in built up area or even strategic. Sites like hardened shelter on an airfield
C06DD9A8-DFA1-4B4E-BA28-1692E877CF81.jpeg

Here is an extract from my post from a few months ago. It deals with heating issues.
Hi @ARMalik. If your theory is true then why has there been such a fuss over heating issues with AESA and instituting of a liquid cooling system? Please understand I am merely asking to understand rather than question.
Regards
"Its performance and capability with the AESA radar". Did anyone else notice this? So the ACM is basically telling us that the Bs either have AESA or are planned to have AESA. Any comments

Back
Top Bottom