What's new

JF-17B Updates, News & Discussion

JF-17 Thunder B variant (#03)

68528650_10157495502039919_6034447437634994176_n.jpg

Total 3 dual seater flyable were ordered part of block 2 order by paf and one by catic , paf got both ?? Or just 1 so far

Dual seater development was part of block 2 order of 50

uh, what kind of a missile is that on the outer pylon? It's not the SD-10 and the wings are too big to be the PL-9...

Today, PAC is assembling the KLJ-7-V1/V2 from CKDs.

In the absence of a semi-conductor and fabtech industry, this AESA radar project is probably a custom configuration scenario where PAC is acquiring the parts from multiple sources, but is putting them together at home @Oscar it seems a little similar to the NRTC stuff.

The benefit is that the PAF has a bespoke solution that only it knows about, so an enemy can't just go to a supplier in order to compromise it. I'm guessing the PAF also owns the source codes, so it can equip its choice of AAMs and AShMs.

I'm guessing the next step to this is to manufacture our own AAMs and AShMs (well, the latter is already in place).
Does this mean that their IS in fact, an AESA radar for the JF-17 that we have started manufacturing with custom cofiguration as you spelled out?

I've always maintained that Pakistan MUST master the science of semi-conductor and fabrications technologies along various combustion technologies...mighty to the minuet, we MUST gain mastery on the whole spectrum.

uh, what kind of a missile is that on the outer pylon? It's not the SD-10 and the wings are too big to be the PL-9...

Does this mean that their IS in fact, an AESA radar for the JF-17 that we have started manufacturing with custom cofiguration as you spelled out?

I've always maintained that Pakistan MUST master the science of semi-conductor and fabrications technologies along various combustion technologies...mighty to the minuet, we MUST gain mastery on the whole spectrum.
I don't know, I was just inferring based on what @messiach was saying, but the previous CAS (ACM Sohail Aman) said on the record that PAC will manufacture AESA radars. I was just saying, in the absence of a fabtech and semi-conductor base, this 'local' AESA radar is certainly using TRMs and probably other systems from abroad. The only net-gain for Pakistan is that it could own the source-codes.

I don't know, I was just inferring based on what @messiach was saying, but the previous CAS (ACM Sohail Aman) said on the record that PAC will manufacture AESA radars. I was just saying, in the absence of a fabtech and semi-conductor base, this 'local' AESA radar is certainly using TRMs and probably other systems from abroad. The only net-gain for Pakistan is that it could own the source-codes.
This means no KLJ 7 or Grifo E for Pakistan

Which would be a huge victory for Pakistan and a delight for China as well as they would like to safeguard the source codes of their AESA

a rose by any other name is still a rose with its own characteristics. Can you imagine the possibilities with in house fabrication and owning source codes. You never know we might end up wit ha few M3/5s with AESA.
A

Feb'27 has changed the equation dynamics indeed. Yes, collaboration is mandatory.

Pakistan does not yet have the finances, technical know-how, or institutions to accomplish what you want. This would require a multi-decades approach along with a smooth GDP & institutional growth. The current path of slow evolution is what best that can be hoped for. We are seeing the results of this approach in JF-17 development. Anything appreciably more than this is out of reach for now.

Which would be a huge victory for Pakistan and a delight for China as well as they would like to safeguard the source codes of their AESA

a rose by any other name is still a rose with its own characteristics. Can you imagine the possibilities with in house fabrication and owning source codes. You never know we might end up wit ha few M3/5s with AESA.
A
I see no sound reason for any objections from Western armament suppliers if Chinese are not part of the loop. This opens up more European options for missiles to arm JF-17.

It could also be a mod of the KLJ-7A, LKF601E or Grifo-E. Basically, ask the OEM to develop a custom version of their radar and give the source codes to Pakistan. Of those radars, it seems the KLJ-7A and Grifo-E are the most likely candidates seeing how PAC assembled both OEMs' radars before.

It could also be a mod of the KLJ-7A, LKF601E or Grifo-E. Basically, ask the OEM to develop a custom version of their radar and give the source codes to Pakistan. Of those radars, it seems the KLJ-7A and Grifo-E are the most likely candidates seeing how PAC assembled both OEMs' radars before.
This is whats confusing me....when you have a custom radar developed with source codes why would we feel the need to add another radar type to make things complicated

This is whats confusing me....when you have a custom radar developed with source codes why would we feel the need to add another radar type to make things complicated
It'd be the same one. I just think this 'in-house, custom radar with lots of foreign technical help' is basically either a custom KLJ-7A or a custom Grifo-E. Just my opinion.

I think the other Chinese company is more likely to be liberal with tech transfer and a higher degree of customization, since they would be desperate to beat the market dominance of the KLJ series.

Klj7a is a done deal but grifo e is out of question. China not willing to allow wvraam mraam code sharing on NON Chinese radar.
PAC considering NON chinese/ indigenous solutions for export models if radar change is demanded.

I think the other Chinese company is more likely to be liberal with tech transfer and a higher degree of customization, since they would be desperate to beat the market dominance of the KLJ series.

Both NRIET (14 institute) and WUXI (607 institute) are willing to share tech if PAC shows interest. Klj7 saw more key tech transfer than grifo series.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom