What's new

JF-17B Updates, News & Discussion

Major foreign technical assistance.
Today, PAC is assembling the KLJ-7-V1/V2 from CKDs.

In the absence of a semi-conductor and fabtech industry, this AESA radar project is probably a custom configuration scenario where PAC is acquiring the parts from multiple sources, but is putting them together at home @Oscar it seems a little similar to the NRTC stuff.

The benefit is that the PAF has a bespoke solution that only it knows about, so an enemy can't just go to a supplier in order to compromise it. I'm guessing the PAF also owns the source codes, so it can equip its choice of AAMs and AShMs.

I'm guessing the next step to this is to manufacture our own AAMs and AShMs (well, the latter is already in place).

In the absence of a semi-conductor and fabtech industry, this AESA radar project is probably a custom configuration scenario where PAC is acquiring the parts from multiple sources, but is putting them together at home @Oscar it seems a little similar to the NRTC stuff.

The benefit is that the PAF has a bespoke solution that only it knows about, so an enemy can't just go to a supplier in order to compromise it. I'm guessing the PAF also owns the source codes, so it can equip its choice of AAMs and AShMs.

I'm guessing the next step to this is to manufacture our own AAMs and AShMs (well, the latter is already in place).
As far as a solution is concerned, we can do what we have done with other equipment in terms of ToT(source code and architecture) and procure a complete product to add our own hardware requirements/improvements and make it work for ourselves.

Again, our industry’s motto(for better or for worse) is to only undertake indigenous research and production of technology that is either not available to us and/or is a low hanging fruit.

Today USA still gets lots of electronics and chips from China only difference is process in place to make sure a quality and security reviews are in place to validate concerns before being integrated into systems no one country makes everything ;) especially third world one and even in west

Close enough.

Too early.
Would it be right to expect our NGF to have a locally developed AESA?

Last edited:
68544661_2755660071130661_8717603740414115840_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom