What's new

JF-17B Updates, News & Discussion

Saw it on both ground and in the air, beautiful aircraft Indeed

Sir, there are more than 5 countries waiting for the dual seater version , this will boost exports and this aircraft will sell like hotcakes, btw Senegal has signed a deal and Myanmar is purchasing 2 more (JF-17B)

Hi,

A better and a fresher marketing campaign---and the JF17 would kill the Grippen market---.

Mark my words---the JF17 would be known as the Grippen market killer in 5 years time---.

People.
While we are at it. Someone said the JFT B is not being used as "its flight dynamics are not suitable for demonstration". Does anyone have any comments in this regard or is this an Ongi bongi from someone who did not know the answer but did not want to disappoint the questioner. Or is it simply a case of "too new and perhaps unpredictable for the Air chief to go up in one". Comments would be appreciated.
A
A
The aircraft has not been put through enough flight tests to be deemed safe for a flight demonstration. There should be patience involved with a new project, and with time the demos will come. These rules have been written in blood....give it time, the JF-17B will have its chance for a flying demo AND then the songs, the ads filled documentaries, the worshiping and so on so forth.......

Hi,

A better and a fresher marketing campaign---and the JF17 would kill the Grippen market---.

Mark my words---the JF17 would be known as the Grippen market killer in 5 years time---.
not going to happen in certain market..you cant expect ASEAN countries who have tussle with china to get it, neither European countries, latin american market is saturated except for perhaps argentina, middle east is in turmoil and left is Africa and some asian which has seen orders

Currently conducting test at PAC Kamra Serial number 601
DYApnNTWAAAjBE_.jpg

DYApn07W0AAXe1K.jpg

Photo curtsy of @Deino

The aircraft has not been put through enough flight tests to be deemed safe for a flight demonstration. There should be patience involved with a new project, and with time the demos will come. These rules have been written in blood....give it time, the JF-17B will have its chance for a flying demo AND then the songs, the ads filled documentaries, the worshiping and so on so forth.......
I thought so. Thank you for confirming none the less. However can the flight characteristics be so different to the JFT as to be unpredictable? I suspect the answer is that it is being treated as a new platform.
A

I thought so. Thank you for confirming none the less. However can the flight characteristics be so different to the JFT as to be unpredictable? I suspect the answer is that it is being treated as a new platform.
A

PAF made that mistake in the 80s and paid a heavy price in terms of airplanes and pilots when they inducted the A-5 and thought they didn't need proper conversion as it was based on the F-6 and would have similar flight characteristics. Better for them to be prudent and not go for shortcuts as they come back to bite you in the ***.

It's the fat raised dorsal ridge that makes it seem
blocky from the side but you need it on a smaller
aircraft to house some of the content that used to
be where the second seat now seats.

One less curve, one more straight line, less sexy.

Good day guys, Tay.

I must confess this twin seater is one ugly looking thing ... Single seater looks way better than this one ...
twin seat better stick with training only... Indeed, terrible looking plane. Single seat is sleek looking.

I must confess this twin seater is one ugly looking thing ... Single seater looks way better than this one ...

Even I m surprised why PAF don't went for more sleek design, they should have taken inspiration from F-16D.

Even I m surprised why PAF don't went for more sleek design, they should have taken inspiration from F-16D.

I guess because twin seater was never on their priority ... just a hap hazard effort to satisfy/pitch to prospects who were linking the possibility of jf-17 purchase with twin seater version

What's the purpose of a twin seater?

Hi,
The main purpose of the twin seater is the buyer's demand---. If the Paf had the twin seater from the begining---it would have been sitting on an order of close to a 100 aircraft by now---.

As for Beauty----it is only skin deep---function and utility supercedes beauty every time---.

Wait for another 5 years and see this twin seater mature into an extremely potent utility aircraft---.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom