What's new

JF-17B Updates, News & Discussion

JF-17B

https://falcons.pk/photo/JF-17B-Thunder/751

Photo-751.JPG

@Rohail Asif Yes if you don't mind converting the RAW file to JPEG, and posting a higher resolution image that would be great! And I would use a watermark on any pictures taken that you post. I have seen some people share images taken from Airliners.net by cropping out the bottom portion that shows the copyright information of the photographer which is just shameful.

From this pic based on looks of helmets, white and ejection seats it’s still Chinese’s ???

Expecting mb seats and paf grey helmets ??

May be in due time

Can someone explain why this variation in the cockpit of (if its J17B ) JF17 ? or my observation is wrong. Thanks
JF17B.png

Can someone explain why this variation in the cockpit of (if its J17B ) JF17 ? or my observation is wrong. ThanksView attachment 458925
You have not highlighted the white cover behind which has the second seat.

the way I understand the pic is that glass part of cockpit is not installed. the white cover is on dorsal spine hence its assumed that spine is extending where 2nd pilot cockpit should be..... thus this a single seat version .... which is based on jf 17b....
It's dual seat sir, the white cover is on the second seat

Another observation; The front cockpit seems to have overall more visibility. Notice the cockpit well is less metal and more plexiglass as compared to JFT and the twin seater version!!
From this pic based on looks of helmets, white and ejection seats it’s still Chinese’s ???

Expecting mb seats and paf grey helmets ??

May be in due time
This aircraft initially has Chinese ejection seat, with Flight Control system of Chinese origin which is usually by APF (Avionics Production Factory) in single seats, and the helmets are MSA Gallets with a Helmet Cam Visor on top

@Rohail Asif , I understand the ACM will not be flying in the -17B after all not on 23 March anyway and the flypast will be lead by the usual F-16D.
Well he came to PAC 2 days ago to inspect JF-17B, we can expect him to fly in it, it will also be a message that F-16 is no longer the backbone of PAF

Well he came to PAC 2 days ago to inspect JF-17B, we can expect him to fly in it, it will also be a message that F-16 is no longer the backbone of PAF
He may fly in it for the experience but what i have learned is that -17B will not be participating on 23 March.....say if there's a ground abort, there's no back up aircraft for the ACM .

You have not highlighted the white cover behind which has the second seat.
look at the red area marked in both pics, the cockpit in both pictures have different shapes, though we consider both are dual seat variants. Is it a noticeable difference?
JF17B.png

It's dual seat sir, the white cover is on the second seat

This aircraft initially has Chinese ejection seat, with Flight Control system of Chinese origin which is usually by APF (Avionics Production Factory) in single seats, and the helmets are MSA Gallets with a Helmet Cam Visor on top

Sir it's the same prototype, you simply haven't marked the white cover in red as it has the second seat, it's the same thing and only 2 prototypes of JF-17B exist and both are same

People.
While we are at it. Someone said the JFT B is not being used as "its flight dynamics are not suitable for demonstration". Does anyone have any comments in this regard or is this an Ongi bongi from someone who did not know the answer but did not want to disappoint the questioner. Or is it simply a case of "too new and perhaps unpredictable for the Air chief to go up in one". Comments would be appreciated.
A
A

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom