What's new

JF-17B Updates, News & Discussion

Griffins mate? How about K8s?

That's your conversion aircraft!

@ Deep Blue, YVW!

Good day, Tay.

Hi, K-8s are conversion aircraft when transitioning from Mushaks...ie the first go in a jet powered aircraft, albeit one that is subsonic. The JF-17B, from what I understood reading the interview, is that it will serve as a conversion aircraft when transitioning from legacy jets, such as Mirages and F-7s, on to JF-17s. I hope that clears it up.

I would also add here that, from the sound of it, PAF realizes it has a need for advanced jet trainers, yet will make do with what it has for now for the next few years until JF-17Bs are inducted in the force. We should also keep in mind that PAF, like any other organisation is going to be looking at any current procurement in how it would serve down the line for another 3 decades easily. I would venture a guess here that, if PAF does not buy a LIFT specific jet in the next decade, it will be using JF-17Bs for getting pilots ready for its next 5th generation bird.

Lets just call it JF18 People

JF17 - 1 Seat , 'Block I' , 'Block II' , 'Block III'
JF18 - Twin Seat , plus model with modified tail / Body

Its not appropriate to call it jf18 as its only having few structural modifications which are predecessor of block 3.
Its better to stick with blocks instead of giving new names. f16 multiple blocks are the best example and its still continuing after several decades.

Neat picture...

da4740af0b345f24760be603adb27875.jpg

Hi,

Utility of a machine is a frame of mind---.

Just like a Paf Pilot says---if it cannot do 9 g's---it is not worth it---even though he is evaluating a strike aircraft like the JH7---for bombing missions---.

Paf got caught in its own arrogance of self grandiose---and they tried to push the buyer in that direction without understanding the significance of a ' drastic change ' from the norm.

People don't like change---if you want to sell them---give them what they want and not what you seem to be fit for them.
JF-17 leadership insisted that simulator was enough for any flyer to transition in the jet right away. well, in a way to their credit, they did have some suicidal (brave or obliged PAF pilots) to prove them right who flew these single seater jets right after simulators. but sadly the buyers didnt have such confidence or will to loose their pilots just because PAF was telling them to. so eventually after few years , someone pulled the fingers out of his arse (or got retired) and 2 seater version was approved and maybe its a coincidence that since the 2 seater jets came to light, Pak/ China secured their first export order(s).

JF-17 leadership insisted that simulator was enough for any flyer to transition in the jet right away. well, in a way to their credit, they did have some suicidal (brave or obliged PAF pilots) to prove them right who flew these single seater jets right after simulators. but sadly the buyers didnt have such confidence or will to loose their pilots just because PAF was telling them to. so eventually after few years , someone pulled the fingers out of his arse (or got retired) and 2 seater version was approved and maybe its a coincidence that since the 2 seater jets came to light, Pak/ China secured their first export order(s).

Hi,

Thank you for the post---. We have been talking about this thing since I joined the board in 2005---.

That a two seater was a must for the JF17---as a matter of fact---it should have been the first aircraft produced.

Click on this link Feb 20, 2018#111

This link tells up how Paf fckd up the design of the JF17---they simply followed and copied what the Saab did to the Grippen as---a single seater---.

A dual seater JF17 would have killed the export market---.

Kamra / chengdu would have been sitting on 150-200 orders of JF17's by now for foreign buyers---.

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom