What's new

JF-17 Thunder with EW Jamming Pod

Indeed, and what surprises me even more I know images of the KG-700 mounted on J-10B'Cs with the intake facing forward and to the rear.
It has intake on each side.

It has intake on each side.

Yes I know, but why

intake opening facing forward:
KG-700 ECM 3.JPG

intake opening facing rearward:
KG-700 ECM.JPG

KG-700 ECM 2.JPG

Two things i should add,

The ALQ-500P is in service for some time. I have seen a block 2 mounted with it at an airbase in Karachi some time ago.

If the pod in the pic is indeed RKL-700A, then that would surprise me. That ecm/esm pod is equipped on almost all PLAAF/PLANAF fighters/ strike platforms. Heck, i even saw it on H-6 bombers.

Is it cleared for export already??

Two things i should add,

The ALQ-500P is in service for some time. I have seen a block 2 mounted with it at an airbase in Karachi some time ago.

If the pod in the pic is indeed RKL-700A, then that would surprise me. That ecm/esm pod is equipped on almost all PLAAF/PLANAF fighters/ strike platforms. Heck, i even saw it on H-6 bombers.

Is it cleared for export already??
img-c866fef0bd492413b2852da30282c4c7.jpg

Such EW jamming pods are very sensitive in China.

Then why do i see the information of a supposedly bigger, more capable KG800 pod available on the internet?

And then?

Info should be available somewhere.

KG-800..

kg.jpg

KG800 self defense jamming pod

The KG800 airborne electronic warfare system is carried by combat planes to disrupt enemy airborne fire control radars and SAM search and fire-control/illumination radars. It also increases the combat plane's survivability against AESA threats that are launched against the plane (probably meaning AESA seekers on missiles)"

Special Points:

- Broad jamming spectrum (radar bands)
- High ERP (effective radiated power)
- Advanced Jamming Technologies
- Effective/Useful (against) multiple threats
- Fast response time
- Modularity
- High reliability

Back
Top Bottom