What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

Hi,

Just because you have flawed understanding of a system---does not mean that I have to follow thru.

I am writing what I know---you write what your unlce or abbaji has told you or the gossip that you have heard on the forums---.

So---don't blame me for your shortcoming---.

You are such a simpleton--son you you lack understanding of engineering design---.

Stealth design is no secret once the original picture came ut. Anyone or everyone who have a sound engineering technology base and machines can design and fly an aircraft with the design of F-35 or an F-22.

The aircraft can be identical in shape and form---but not in stealth characteristics---why---because stealth design is just one step amongst many in the levels of stealth capability of the aircraft---.

Hi,

What most people don't understand is the term " multiplier effect f the change "---.

What does that change bring---a 50% more capability---??? or more---.

Modern technology has brought on monstrous changes in capability from one generation to an other generation of an aircraft.

Yes my understanding is flawed and you are an expert. Hang that on the wall and have a nice day.

Just some fun stuff related to the JF-17:
1631381300314.png

1631381315046.png

1631381326533.png

1631381337112.png

1631381344942.png

Now in "Paindoo language "
اوئے اے کی اے؟
Constructing mathematical model of JF17 flight dynamics in spin using CFD, verifying it matches with wind tunnel data, and speculating what the dynamics would be using CFD beyond what has been tested in wind tunnel data.

FYI the JF17 wind tunnel data is from ONERA which is a French aerodynamics lab.

Constructing mathematical model of JF17 flight dynamics in spin using CFD, verifying it matches with wind tunnel data, and speculating what the dynamics would be using CFD beyond what has been tested in wind tunnel data.

Don't we have any wind tunnel facilities? Or just simulations?

I held back from commenting because I was unsure of the level of realism of that JF-17 model. For example, the real Thunder has sinusoidal openings along the leading edge of the inlet. Were those included? The pictures don't show crucial information such as temperature, pressure, wind speed so really hard to comment.

Hopefully the Block III wil be equipped with its own EW Decoy missile when it debuts. It seem to be becoming standard fare amongst the latest fighters; ADM-160C MALD-J and the Spear-EW.

Latest video on the Gripen featuring its EW capabilities

perhaps adapting the Turkish Simsek missile for this use maybe a good place to start

the JF-17 is looking like it will integrate the Britecloud dispensable decoys on the block 3, hopefully they can work with the Italians to develop the design further for an indigenous solution similar to the swarming drones based on the same technology that may soon be employed by the RAF. Perhaps the Italians can work with the Turks and the PAF on such a project. Could be build in relatively short order considering how far along both the Turkish and Italian systems current are.

Last edited:
Hopefully the Block III wil be equipped with its own EW Decoy missile when it debuts. It seem to be becoming standard fare amongst the latest fighters; ADM-160C MALD-J and the Spear-EW.

Latest video on the Gripen featuring its EW capabilities

perhaps adapting the Turkish Simsek missile for this use maybe a good place to start

the JF-17 is looking like it will integrate the Britecloud dispensable decoys on the block 3, hopefully they can work with the Italians to develop the design further for an indigenous solution similar to the swarming drones based on the same technology that may soon be employed by the RAF. Perhaps the Italians can work with the Turks and the PAF on such a project. Could be build in relatively short order considering how far along both the Turkish and Italian systems current are.
I guess such decoys are carried by AWACS and other high value, low maneuvering assets, not by fighter jets.

I guess such decoys are carried by AWACS and other high value, low maneuvering assets, not by fighter jets.

In western air forces they are carried by fighters, so soon will be. We should adopt all asymmetrical advantages to maximize the survivability of our JF-17 at a relatively small cost.

Also, we should look at acquiring one A-29 from the Afghans to get a look at their avionics that will probably the same as used in the LCA and any other aircraft in the IAF fitted with Israeli avionics, as the Super Tucanos use Israeli avionics and encryption datalink comms.

Don't we have any wind tunnel facilities? Or just simulations?
Of course we have wind tunnels. But as you can see this experiment required a special wind tunnel that is specially equipped. Sometimes it makes sense just to pay someone do some tests for you instead of building your own facility for a few tests.
I held back from commenting because I was unsure of the level of realism of that JF-17 model. For example, the real Thunder has sinusoidal openings along the leading edge of the inlet. Were those included? The pictures don't show crucial information such as temperature, pressure, wind speed so really hard to comment.
The pictures are from a LinkedIn post and not a paper so it's not shocking that they don't have all of the data.

Of course we have wind tunnels. But as you can see this experiment required a special wind tunnel that is specially equipped. Sometimes it makes sense just to pay someone do some tests for you instead of building your own facility for a few tests.

That's my grudge with the military establishment. When you pay someone else for this, every single detail of your platform gets leaked. So our enemies probably know the details of JF-17 very well, but Pakistan's citizens are kept in the dark about things like climb rate, turn rate. These are parameters that are widely available for top fighter jets around the world. Success on the battlefield does not depend on them any more. Yet we are kept in the dark, whereas the rest of the world is allowed access to it.

It was the same thing with JF-17s stand-off weapon. We were shown a video where the weapon was blacked out with a rectangular box. But then I happened to watch the video of an airshow and in the background the same video was being played on a screen - and guess what? No rectangular black box in the international airshow. Exactly whom are they trying to hide everything from? Their own countrymen?

Funny ... the last time one called me a kid was probably about 40 years ago! So thanks ... but may I ask how old are you? :azn:

Hi,

The comment kid is not related to your actual age---but to your "age of understanding the topic in question ".

That's my grudge with the military establishment. When you pay someone else for this, every single detail of your platform gets leaked. So our enemies probably know the details of JF-17 very well, but Pakistan's citizens are kept in the dark about things like climb rate, turn rate. These are parameters that are widely available for top fighter jets around the world. Success on the battlefield does not depend on them any more. Yet we are kept in the dark, whereas the rest of the world is allowed access to it.

It was the same thing with JF-17s stand-off weapon. We were shown a video where the weapon was blacked out with a rectangular box. But then I happened to watch the video of an airshow and in the background the same video was being played on a screen - and guess what? No rectangular black box in the international airshow. Exactly whom are they trying to hide everything from? Their own countrymen?
I remember that video they hid the weapon with a black filter on it, but didn't know they showed it in an airshow what's the point of hiding it than?

BTW do you have a link to that airshow would love to see unedited version of that weapon.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom