What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

1621622363331.png

1621622324631.png

IMO any EW 'variant' will not be a different plane but one (possibly B version) with external pod(s) attached ; it is a multirole aircraft to be used in different modes depending on need. The additional hardpoint on Block III will allow for multiple pods in different frequency ranges. Just speculating.

EW bird is not easy to make, it needs much work in managing frequencies, shielding of pilots and internal systems etc.

The JF-17 Thunder that participated in many airshows, painted in Pakistani flag's color scheme is conducting test flights after being overhauled at PAC.

View attachment 746414

It is interesting to see a naked JF17 for sure.

You can see another reason why so many countries are looking at procuring the JF17, it is the simplicity of maintaing the airframe as it is built using traditional techniques that most countries already have from their existing platforms.

It is interesting to see a naked JF17 for sure.

You can see another reason why so many countries are looking at procuring the JF17, it is the simplicity of maintaing the airframe as it is built using traditional techniques that most countries already have from their existing platforms.

Hi,

The conventional skin of the fighter aircraft is easily manageable for repairs---. Stress cracks are comparatively visible and you don't have to buy very expensive equipment to detect them.

The delay in the sales of the JF17 was only caused by a lack of a two seater---.

It was originally an Argentinian air force general who had commented about the aircraft---" if I cannot ride in it---how can I judge this aircraft"---after checking out the JF17.

We should be thankful to our critics who forced the PAF into building the 2 seater JF17.

A very unique consideration of the design of the JF17 is the ease of working on and maintenance.

Last edited:
IMO these are not dedicated EW-birds but just regular JF-17s carrying the not really special KG-600 or KG-700 ECM-pod also quite common in PLAAF use.

This pod is excellent at spoofing and causing hurricane in a teapot if you know what I mean. Surprisingly effective. No wonder it's a common sight on nearly all PLAAF and some PLNAF assets

This pod is excellent at spoofing and causing hurricane in a teapot if you know what I mean. Surprisingly effective. No wonder it's a common sight on nearly all PLAAF and some PLNAF assets
Does the PAF have ALQ-500P in service? How does it compare to KL-700A that is currently in service.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom