JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

@HRK @GriffinsRule

Just found it: 17-246

JF-17 Thunder 17-246.jpg

Credit: Whiskeypapa

looks like 101 got a new paint job

almost had to reach for my sunglasses the colours were so bright

Great to hear the speech vs reading about it. Thanks for the share
Managed to listen to it finally. Essentially completion of block Bs means all 26 fighters made?
Secondly an offer for joint production of commercial-aircraft. I dont know what the scope of this offer is and what is being planned if anything. Finally block 3 production commencement.
Rest was the usual political jargon.
A

PAF Chief also inaugurated JF-17 MRO HANGAR on the same day when JF-17 bravo were given to PAF. Any update or info?

Attachments

• 2021-01-03_173907.jpg
    2021-01-03_173907.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 35
PAF Chief also inaugurated JF-17 MRO HANGAR on the same day when JF-17 bravo were given to PAF. Any update or info?

what is this? what is MRO?

I am still digesting all the info and news from that day

JF17B completed, JF17 Block III started, new UAV, Turkish Mushsak and now this?

what is this? what is MRO?

I am still digesting all the info and news from that day

JF17B completed, JF17 Block III started, new UAV, Turkish Mushsak and now this?
MRO is Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul.

The inauguration of the MRO hangar for JF-17 reflects that our old batches of JF-17 have flown a certain number of hours and are slowly getting due for overhauls. The hangar would thus be refurbishing and replacing the critical components especially the moving parts and parts experiencing the highest thermo-mechanical or material fatigues. The MRO facility would be critical in maintaining the overall value chain of our developed jet and reflects the growing expertise of PAF in enabling our JF-17s in flying conditions for decades to come.

Additionally, such a facility might not only be confined to just repairs and overhauls but could also possibly carry out midlife upgrades and upgradation to higher blocks as well (eg. from Block I to Block II etc.) which is important to be carried out separately as it frees up space on the main production line to avoid clogging and hence decreases the takt-time (time to produce one jet) and thus increasing the annual production rate. If this be the case, we could possibly see a JF-17 MRO facility expansion in the coming years.

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom