What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

I am assuming China doesnt have 229 and 220 class PW engines with similar specs.
There is another important parameter which I forgot to analyze.

Weight of engine. F-100 are heavier engines means there will be noticeable shift in center of mass of aircraft.

This shift may effect aircraft overall aerodynamic performance unless it is brought back to original position by manipulating various equipment and fuel cells locations, TO and landing distance and speed will also be effected.

Chinese engines of this class do not produce this much thrust.

There is another important parameter which I forgot to analyze.

Weight of engine. F-100 are heavier engines means there will be noticeable shift in center of mass of aircraft.

This shift may effect aircraft overall aerodynamic performance unless it is brought back to original position by manipulating various equipment and fuel cells locations, TO and landing distance and speed will also be effected.

Chinese engines of this class do not produce this much thrust.
why other members here thinks we should install high thrust class engine on JFT, i didn't understand sir, JFT is a light weight jet than why we need high thrust engine on JFT??? and Chinese have WS-10 which have almost same specification as F-100 or GE-110

why other members here thinks we should install high thrust class engine on JFT, i didn't understand sir, JFT is a light weight jet than why we need high thrust engine on JFT??? and Chinese have WS-10 which have almost same specification as F-100 or GE-110
WS-10 do not belong to the class in which RD-93 fall. RD-93 produces dry thrust from +50 kN. Whereas WS-10 produces dry thrust around 80 kN. This engine was derived from the CFM56 which itself based on GE F-101.

Integration of WS-10 or F-100 needs changes in rear fuselage structure. Furthermore, due to heavier engine center of mass will shift, resulting in change in overall aerodynamic performance of aircraft.

In my opinion JF-17 do not need to switch engine, instead upgradation to RD-93MA will be enough to enhance the thrust as well as to cater additional power requirement due to new radar and avionics packages.

WS-10 do not belong to the class in which RD-93 fall. RD-93 produces dry thrust from +50 kN. Whereas WS-10 produces dry thrust around 80 kN. This engine was derived from the CFM56 which itself based on GE F-101.

Integration of WS-10 or F-100 needs changes in rear fuselage structure. Furthermore, due to heavier engine center of mass will shift, resulting in change in overall aerodynamic performance of aircraft.

In my opinion JF-17 do not need to switch engine, instead upgradation to RD-93MA will be enough to enhance the thrust as well as to cater additional power requirement due to new radar and avionics packages.
Yes sir your right no need to switch engines of JFT

Everyone trying to prove that jf17 can do every role is same as the ones using Ms Excel for writing letters.

Brother,

At-least genius minds will discuss ideas and come up with something new possibility or even a role for the Thunder given the information available in public domain. We shouldn't be discussing people. Try to add something on the topic instead of evaluating people.

Mission Accomplished, Note these Thunder Pilots wearing the life support jackets that is not common within PAF equipment. Possibly these aircraft are deployed for over water missions.

127274649_3540858199365300_5630735756587887484_o.jpg

Mission Accomplished, Note these Thunder Pilots wearing the life support jackets that is not common within PAF equipment. Possibly these aircraft are deployed for over water missions.

View attachment 691449
I was under the impression that PAF pilots wear high visibility orange suits if primarily flying over the sea.
BTW guys above do look like serious business, perhaps orange is peace time thing?
14249984_1261445007234207_304617917249085736_o.jpg

Last edited:
Brother,

At-least genius minds will discuss ideas and come up with something new possibility or even a role for the Thunder given the information available in public domain. We shouldn't be discussing people. Try to add something on the topic instead of evaluating people.
Not evaluating people but mindset.

Back
Top Bottom