What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

JF-17 does not have a OBOGS. As far as I know It has a French oxygen cylinder that lasts for about three hours.

If I remember correctly, from block-II onward it should have OBOGS.

3A8DC484-A0C8-42BD-A0F4-B102951E5BDB.jpeg
E17F1CA8-56ED-49FF-B5E9-2AF4EED88772.jpeg
1126A2D7-C1F7-474D-B447-A5F1E73361B9.jpeg
9530C37A-BBD2-4439-953A-47AC611C8D70.jpeg
20155988-B065-4415-B819-276C7895FD10.jpeg
85351333-DC60-4CF3-9207-2CB6C652396F.jpeg
2FD51CE0-79CE-42A3-A41A-815DCC153838.jpeg
0FE4E724-28F1-4333-89F0-1C4AE5A33199.jpeg

now you mention the GCC countries and I think we might have a chance if we do the deal cleverly. if we get a compatible Western engine say from GE and western radar then the west might not mind if we manage to sell some jets to countries like Egypt and Jordan.
but I absolutely agree with posters like @araz who in the past explained very well why GCC and Pakistan cant complete a fight jet deal despite willingness but there might be a slight chance if a westernized version of these Jets are custom made for Arabs, provided they have a need for that. I dont know if any of the airforces have any room other than say Saudis who might need to retire their Tornado jets.
IB.
Where we may have a chance will be with our 5th generation fighter as most arab nations may not be able to get the 35s. We need to make sre we are not competing with the Chinese or other manufacturers and do bring out a tangible product in a goodtime frame to latch on to the window of opportunity.
A

De facto NOTHING!
Interesting that you say that Mr Dino! PAF did look at and by some accounts procured some redundant RD33s from Ukraine. The purpose allegedly was for the purposes of spare parts. But with so many things being played close to the chest you can never say what PAF was upto.

Now you will say that the 33 cannot be put on a JFT due to gear box shift but what stops PAF tinkering is what I am getting at.
All this is open source rumour. I have no source to verify that.
A

No they haven't

Yep, I think you're right. I remember reading a few years ago that the oxygen supply system was imported from France, but this may have been a regular O2 cylinder rather than an OBOGS. still, an OBOGS would be useful given the O2 supply is currently limited to just 3 hours, given that the aircraft have IFR capability.

Interesting that you say that Mr Dino! PAF did look at and by some accounts procured some redundant RD33s from Ukraine. The purpose allegedly was for the purposes of spare parts. But with so many things being played close to the chest you can never say what PAF was upto.

Now you will say that the 33 cannot be put on a JFT due to gear box shift but what stops PAF tinkering is what I am getting at.
All this is open source rumour. I have no source to verify that.
A

Thanks a lot for that point I indeed missed. I thought it was related to any new engine and here IMO Ukraine has currently nothing on offer.

As for the RD-33, I must admit I don't know since at least the first AL-31FN were converted from regular AL-31F. And since in general both engines are the same, purchasing older RD-33s for spare parts might indeed be an option. But agai , I must admit I don't know.

The fact, they are discussing JF-17 sales to Ukraine. Clearly indicate JF-17 can be completely independent from Russia including the engine.

https://www.china-arms.com/2020/01/ws-13ipe-for-fc-31/
Yeah, not gonna happen.

China/Russia relationship
Russia/Ukraine relationship
Ukraine/US (now) relationship
US/China relationship

[Its like the circle of life]

With Ukraine's own (Russian) jets gettin' pretty old, i'd assume the US might want swoop in & get an order like Bulgaria of F-16's - just to wet their beak.

Yeah, not gonna happen.

China/Russia relationship
Russia/Ukraine relationship
Ukraine/US (now) relationship
US/China relationship

[Its like the circle of life]

With Ukraine's own (Russian) jets gettin' pretty old, i'd assume the US might want swoop in & get an order like Bulgaria of F-16's - just to wet their beak.
Politics are always complicated. You never known. Ukraine is also a friend of China. Although Russia as strategic partner is more critical. China has never ask Russia to stop supply of weapon to Vietnam and India. So why would Russia got the reason to ask China not to supply Ukraine fighter jets?

Back
Top Bottom