What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

JF-17 Thunder Block 3: Complete Details and Specification What We Know So Far....

https://fighterjetsworld.com/weekly...-and-specification-what-we-know-so-far/21095/

What are the JF-17 Thunder Block-III Major Upgrades?

China and Pakistan have jointly been working on expanding and upgrading the JF-17 and bringing it on par with the best fighter jets of the world being produced in the US and France. Some of the major upgrades JF-17 got are:

• New and a larger holographic wide-angle head-up display.
    • Integrated cockpit display similar to J-20.
    • Advanced infrared missile approach warning system used by China elite fighter jets.
    • KLJ-7A Advanced active electronically scanned array radar system.
    • Advanced weapons capability.
    • New Engine: The fighter’s new air inlets indicate that a new engine has been installed – possibly an enhanced derivative of the RD-33MK which powers the Russian MiG-35. WS 10A Also An Option
JF-17 Thunder Block-III Expected Weapons

• PL-15 (BVR) Range (300km)
    • PL-9C (WVR) Range (22 km)
    • PL-8 (WVR)
    • RAAD Mk 2 Nuclear Air To Surface Misiile
JF-17 Thunder Block-III Body
JF-17’s body, built keeping in mind the aerodynamic needs of high-end fighter jets, has proven itself in-flight performance and air-frame design but it can easily be improved even further if equipped with modern electronic gadgets. Analysts hold that JF-17 Block-III allows the pilot more situational awareness that allows him/her to focus more on combat rather than flying the aircraft.
WS10 cannot be fitted into JFT.
A

The retractqble probes were looked at and found to be too expensive so the idea was dumped.
A

Do you have details of this? I don't recall any reference to a retractable refuelling probe being integrated at any stage of development on the JF-17. The difference in cost between a fixed and retractable probe is relatively small compared with other systems and the aircraft in general. The main argument for using a fixed probe rather than a retractable system is one of reliability. With no moving parts, a fixed probe has less maintenance issues. This is one of the main reasons why the French airforce has always insisted on fixed refuelling probes on all of its front line aircraft, including the M2K and Rafale. However, the problem with fixed probes is the penalty on frontal aspect RCS, which is why Dassault was against installing a fixed probe on the Rafale after it had done a lot of work on minimising its RCS. Look forward to hearing the details of when a retractable probe was considered for the JF-17.

From the guys that brought you the animation in 'Invincible Resolve'.

Eagle Dynamics/DEKAIronworks Simulations

JF-17 Thunder Block 3: Complete Details and Specification What We Know So Far....

https://fighterjetsworld.com/weekly...-and-specification-what-we-know-so-far/21095/

What are the JF-17 Thunder Block-III Major Upgrades?

China and Pakistan have jointly been working on expanding and upgrading the JF-17 and bringing it on par with the best fighter jets of the world being produced in the US and France. Some of the major upgrades JF-17 got are:

• New and a larger holographic wide-angle head-up display.
    • Integrated cockpit display similar to J-20.
    • Advanced infrared missile approach warning system used by China elite fighter jets.
    • KLJ-7A Advanced active electronically scanned array radar system.
    • Advanced weapons capability.
    • New Engine: The fighter’s new air inlets indicate that a new engine has been installed – possibly an enhanced derivative of the RD-33MK which powers the Russian MiG-35. WS 10A Also An Option
JF-17 Thunder Block-III Expected Weapons

• PL-15 (BVR) Range (300km)
    • PL-9C (WVR) Range (22 km)
    • PL-8 (WVR)
    • RAAD Mk 2 Nuclear Air To Surface Misiile
JF-17 Thunder Block-III Body
JF-17’s body, built keeping in mind the aerodynamic needs of high-end fighter jets, has proven itself in-flight performance and air-frame design but it can easily be improved even further if equipped with modern electronic gadgets. Analysts hold that JF-17 Block-III allows the pilot more situational awareness that allows him/her to focus more on combat rather than flying the aircraft.
Article by some amateur kid, random wannabe aviation journalist, Brothers, don’t take this one seriously.

@NA71 Hope you don’t mind buddy, But this article is nothing but an extract of info from PDF, I don’t usually believe any articles as all they do is research on PDF and makeup. So if anything new comes, It comes on PDF, Alan warnes or Janes.

WS-10 on Thunders ? Lol

Article by some amateur kid, random wannabe aviation journalist, Brothers, don’t take this one seriously.

@NA71 Hope you don’t mind buddy, But this article is nothing but an extract of info from PDF, I don’t usually believe any articles as all they do is research on PDF and makeup. So if anything new comes, It comes on PDF, Alan warnes or Janes.

WS-10 on Thunders ? Lol
Not at all bro....i am on duty 24/7....I search net and when Find any thing new about Jf17 ....I share on PDF.... Rest is your job to filter out what is worth reading and which info to be discarded ☺️

Last edited:
Do you have details of this? I don't recall any reference to a retractable refuelling probe being integrated at any stage of development on the JF-17. The difference in cost between a fixed and retractable probe is relatively small compared with other systems and the aircraft in general. The main argument for using a fixed probe rather than a retractable system is one of reliability. With no moving parts, a fixed probe has less maintenance issues. This is one of the main reasons why the French airforce has always insisted on fixed refuelling probes on all of its front line aircraft, including the M2K and Rafale. However, the problem with fixed probes is the penalty on frontal aspect RCS, which is why Dassault was against installing a fixed probe on the Rafale after it had done a lot of work on minimising its RCS. Look forward to hearing the details of when a retractable probe was considered for the JF-17.
The Cobham probe was looked at. Firstly the price was too high. Secondly weight was an issue. Acquisition may have been an issue but was not noted to be one. Eventually decision was made to stick to a fixed probe.
The penalty for RCS was negligible and the cost hike could not be justified. This is all from memory reading open source literature. So feel free to disagree
A

can't say for sure but must related to weight distribution of airframe ...

@princefaisal ......
Also the fact that VS has pretty small surface area (refer to wing loading area of wings, Composites on wings are not in the corners or boundaries but in the inner area), so any turns will cause strains that I guess composites couldn't stand to.

Also the fact that VS has pretty small surface area (refer to wing loading area of wings, Composites on wings are not in the corners or boundaries but in the inner area), so any turns will cause strains that I guess composites couldn't stand to.

Yep. Even the F-16 the leading edges don’t use composite if I’m not wrong the F-18 also uses aluminum. Unless it’s changed now no idea.

91932744_558043105128727_2416172872142684160_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom