What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

92027004_2961702970553179_6647296355460972544_o.jpg
91803588_2612717102339522_1351332616971747328_n.jpg
92020348_2612717049006194_4066334182400327680_n.jpg

Who is blind now?....There is a problem with your eyeholes, I think someone skull f you.
View attachment 620794 View attachment 620793

Honestly, I don't understand what's the meaning of this either stupid or at least provocative post.

Calling them the same is even more stupid than calling a J-10 a 1:1-Lavi-clone, but this is beyond stupidity. :crazy:

So please stop with this BS. :hitwall:

That's where arming delay and retarding comes in..
View attachment 620127

I think he meant flying that low over an enemy airfield. No one is really performing such tactics anymore. The RAF suffered significant casualties in the first Gulf War with its Tornados using this tactic.

Need to get rid of that air refueling probe just looks ugly on the jet. Could’ve gone with a more modern F-16 way.

The air refuelling capability was added later and not part of the original design. In my view, if it had been integrated from the beginning, there would have been a better solution. Could have gone for something similar to the Saab Gripen using Cobham retractable probes. However, a solution similar to the Sepecat Jaguar would have been ideal. If similar sized aircraft such as these two can integrate retractable probes, I can't see why we couldn't do that for the JF-17.

cp_AY0WOF6h3n33Bpsq58GgzdFHIHNrA0ZKKfiE15QPJRBQlpIUYUQVv89RW4psmoA5P_B6IZfstE0c4auDsbHxQl4ehqpQPHCrnnQeMYqWCZbUo80a1cKJN

Jaguar_Refueling.JPEG

I think he meant flying that low over an enemy airfield. No one is really performing such tactics anymore. The RAF suffered significant casualties in the first Gulf War with its Tornados using this tactic.

The air refuelling capability was added later and not part of the original design. In my view, if it had been integrated from the beginning, there would have been a better solution. Could have gone for something similar to the Saab Gripen using Cobham retractable probes. However, a solution similar to the Sepecat Jaguar would have been ideal. If similar sized aircraft such as these two can integrate retractable probes, I can't see why we couldn't do that for the JF-17.

cp_AY0WOF6h3n33Bpsq58GgzdFHIHNrA0ZKKfiE15QPJRBQlpIUYUQVv89RW4psmoA5P_B6IZfstE0c4auDsbHxQl4ehqpQPHCrnnQeMYqWCZbUo80a1cKJN

Jaguar_Refueling.JPEG
Its not easy to target a surprise attack jet flying at 250ft at 500kts by a AAA and its very tough to get a radar lock on a jet that low.MANPADS could be a threat but yet again the professionals know better than us.

Paf still practices these tactics, witnessed them myself couple of times.

Are you blind, where is the similarity, Mr Fake Expert:crazy::crazy::crazy:
Can you please be civil. You get too excited. Please settle down
A

Jaguar_Refueling.JPEG
The retractable probes were looked at and found to be too expensive so the idea was dumped.
A

Last edited:
JF-17 Thunder Block 3: Complete Details and Specification What We Know So Far....

https://fighterjetsworld.com/weekly...-and-specification-what-we-know-so-far/21095/

What are the JF-17 Thunder Block-III Major Upgrades?
China and Pakistan have jointly been working on expanding and upgrading the JF-17 and bringing it on par with the best fighter jets of the world being produced in the US and France. Some of the major upgrades JF-17 got are:

• New and a larger holographic wide-angle head-up display.
  • Integrated cockpit display similar to J-20.
  • Advanced infrared missile approach warning system used by China elite fighter jets.
  • KLJ-7A Advanced active electronically scanned array radar system.
  • Advanced weapons capability.
  • New Engine: The fighter’s new air inlets indicate that a new engine has been installed – possibly an enhanced derivative of the RD-33MK which powers the Russian MiG-35. WS 10A Also An Option
JF-17 Thunder Block-III Expected Weapons
  • PL-15 (BVR) Range (300km)
  • PL-9C (WVR) Range (22 km)
  • PL-8 (WVR)
  • RAAD Mk 2 Nuclear Air To Surface Misiile
JF-17 Thunder Block-III Body
JF-17’s body, built keeping in mind the aerodynamic needs of high-end fighter jets, has proven itself in-flight performance and air-frame design but it can easily be improved even further if equipped with modern electronic gadgets. Analysts hold that JF-17 Block-III allows the pilot more situational awareness that allows him/her to focus more on combat rather than flying the aircraft.

Back
Top Bottom