What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

OMG :o::o::o:

Why did i never thought of that, all this time i never researched on mirages engines, thought that they would also be turbofans since this has become standard.

Well, feels so great hearing thunders flying so quietly while mirages screaming like ladies.
Have you heard a f-104? or f-4? Those are screaming witches :)

Have you heard a f-104? or f-4? Those are screaming witches :)
Guess i was late in this world to witness those true beauties.
I dimly remember that I saw an F-104 at Masroor Air Base in static display, when I was very very young ... after the 1971 war. I was with my father and two elder brothers. Very very beautiful machine. It was my first face to face with a fighter plane. All I could understand that it was called the Starfighter. I was hooked on combat aviation right from that moment.

I dimly remember that I saw an F-104 at Masroor Air Base in static display, when I was very very young ... after the 1971 war. I was with my father and two elder brothers. Very very beautiful machine. It was my first face to face with a fighter plane. All I could understand that it was called the Starfighter. I was hooked on combat aviation right from that moment.

Beta ko Mohabat ho gai thi. :)

My very first exposure was to the F-86 Sabre static display when coming to the US for the first time on the way to Lahore Airport around 1989.

Do not remember the name of the location but it was on my left hand side — stopped in front of it.

83179199_1883178965160452_1001883344645914624_n.jpg

84954883_3139337649429566_4598650754029322240_o.jpg

I hope they added two hp on block 3, one on each intake that will cover ldp plus jammer pod permanent location and leave other hp for drop tanks or munition

Pretty much like j-10

Gripen has 10 hard points, while JFT has 7 hard points.
The dry and after burner thrust are almost same. Yet Gripen carries more armament and has a dedicated hard point for pod.

JFT should have IRST in nose. A dedicated pod under chin for self protection since it already has lesser pylons. But these are structural changes after all.
no
Gripen C has 7 hardpoints too
Gripen E has 20% higher thrust than thunder
thunder III will have 8 hardpoints on info released so far
the engine, might not change

no
Gripen C has 7 hardpoints too
Gripen E has 20% higher thrust than thunder
thunder III will have 8 hardpoints on info released so far
the engine, might not change
You want to back track or move forward ? Block III is coming out, if you want to compare it with Early version of Gripen, by all means do.

Back
Top Bottom