What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

Well, how much of the J-7/MiG-21 are you keeping if you change the wings, stabilizers, tail, nose, front fuselage, rear fuselage, size, wiring, canopy, adding FBW (and then adding 3-axis FBW on top of it), aerodynamic qualities, etc? Anyone who's saying the JF-17 is a MiG-21/F-7 is probably referencing the original Sabre II project, but that was dropped in the late 1980s in favour of a clean-sheet design (Super-7/FC-1/JF-17).
Correct, the closest of what can be called as original Super 7 is FT-2000C. Other than that there is nothing about J-7 in JF-17 except for the No 7. If the swamis think that is an omen... let them make omelette of it with dagga.. at least they can see the omelettes fly when high.

It is completely j-7G - nose reconfigured and side inlets. rest of it is completely the same.
FTC-2000 vs. FTC-2000G
20191121010958-.jpg
20191121011001-.jpg
20191121011010-.jpg
20191121011013-.jpg
20191121011018-.jpg

G also had two additional pylons in the fuselage at least it was shown on the model and prototype

Nigeria to recieve 3 more Thunders next year.
PAF didn’t go for static/flying display of Thunder at DAS2019 due to already being done at Paris earlier this year.
@aliyusuf @Signalian
In my humble opinion, more orders will come. But the two sitter and the Block-III really need to make it to active service before the Thunder can bag substantial sales deals. Serious clients are going to wait for these milestones to be achieved before they decide. Until then, small orders may occur from countries whose requirements may be less demanding.

In my humble opinion, more orders will come. But the two sitter and the Block-III really need to make it to active service before the Thunder can bag substantial sales deals. Serious clients are going to wait for these milestones to be achieved before they decide. Until then, small orders may occur from countries whose requirements may be less demanding.

3 not sure what meant by 3 more?? Alan Twitter post did not mentioned it

Nigeria has yet to receive its first three birds as far as I am aware. That is what Alan states also.

Back
Top Bottom