What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

Finally managed to do the exercise I have been meaning to do and I am surprised with the answer I have. There is more space on the JF-17 for the twin SD-10s than on the J-10. There is about 2m on the J-10 and about 2.5m on the JF-17/FC-1. I.e. If they fit on the J-10, they should fit on the FC-1.

I am a bit surprised. Maybe I made a mistake. It is late, so I welcome those who can double check to comment. ... ... Yes I have not included the radius of the EFT!!

View attachment 334745

View attachment 334746
On the JF 17, the wing area, position of the gun and the landing gear are the main hurdles in additional hard points. The design being mainly Chinese, one wonders if this was a bit deliberate to make it cost effective as well as to make room for additional capability that was to be provided by the FC-10/J-10 that the CHinese were hopeful Pakistan would import at the time when the JF-17 was in design phase. All possible.
Changing the base design once in production is not easy.

On the JF 17, the wing area, position of the gun and the landing gear are the main hurdles in additional hard points. The design being mainly Chinese, one wonders if this was a bit deliberate to make it cost effective as well as to make room for additional capability that was to be pprovided by the FC-10/J-10 that the CHinese were hopeful Pakistan would import at the time when the JF-17 was in design phase. All possible.

If that's the case J10 should have the same problem it has a station next to the gun (4 point attachment)
You can always design around it like Mirage and Rafael intake pylon which pushed the pylon forward of the attachment to avoid landing gear doors limitation

Even Mirage 5 has 2 intake pylons which are not being used by PAF (never seen ative on PAF A/c)

309-1110.jpg

upload_2016-9-24_11-41-37.jpeg

pylon7-1.jpg

pylon.PNG

Last edited:
On the JF 17, the wing area, position of the gun and the landing gear are the main hurdles in additional hard points. The design being mainly Chinese, one wonders if this was a bit deliberate to make it cost effective as well as to make room for additional capability that was to be provided by the FC-10/J-10 that the CHinese were hopeful Pakistan would import at the time when the JF-17 was in design phase. All possible.
there should be issues for making a pod hard point below air intakes, as space is not that much limited there for small items..but again that is just an opinion of an amateur

Just a question from an enthusiast....can we hope for a block three that can take on Rafale. i mean with the IRST, EW Suite, AESA, IFRP, BVR, More thrust and Composites.....what else would this baby need to be relied upon to tangle its horns with 4.5 and + gen fighters

Just a question from an enthusiast....can we hope for a block three that can take on Rafale. i mean with the IRST, EW Suite, AESA, IFRP, BVR, More thrust and Composites.....what else would this baby need to be relied upon to tangle its horns with 4.5 and + gen fighters

May be in an interceptor role.

Can anyone confirm this news please? Source : Pakistan telegraph but it quoted Indian source ANI

JF-17 crashes into Arabian Sea
Pakistan Telegraph (ANI) Saturday 1st October, 2016

ani1475324781.jpg

New Delhi [India], Oct. 1 (ANI): A JF-17, a Chinese designed fighter aircraft of the Pakistan Air Force (PAF) No 16 Squadron, crashed into the Arabian Sea on September 27 during Exercise High Mark, a Pakistani military exercise.

The aircraft, operating from PAF Base Masroor, was on a routine night mission when the accident took place. It is reported that the pilot had ejected safely.

The search and rescue operations are being conducted by the Pakistan Navy employing Navy seeking helicopters, P3C Orion aircraft and SR vessels.

The Exercise High Mark commenced on September 19. No 16 Squadron is based at the PAF base Kamra or Minhas Airbase and is equipped with Block-I JF-17s.

This is the second JF-17 crash, casting serious doubts on the fitness of the Chinese designed fighter aircraft. (ANI)

Can anyone confirm this news please? Source : Pakistan telegraph but it quoted Indian source ANI

JF-17 crashes into Arabian Sea
Pakistan Telegraph (ANI) Saturday 1st October, 2016

ani1475324781.jpg

New Delhi [India], Oct. 1 (ANI): A JF-17, a Chinese designed fighter aircraft of the Pakistan Air Force (PAF) No 16 Squadron, crashed into the Arabian Sea on September 27 during Exercise High Mark, a Pakistani military exercise.

The aircraft, operating from PAF Base Masroor, was on a routine night mission when the accident took place. It is reported that the pilot had ejected safely.

The search and rescue operations are being conducted by the Pakistan Navy employing Navy seeking helicopters, P3C Orion aircraft and SR vessels.

The Exercise High Mark commenced on September 19. No 16 Squadron is based at the PAF base Kamra or Minhas Airbase and is equipped with Block-I JF-17s.

This is the second JF-17 crash, casting serious doubts on the fitness of the Chinese designed fighter aircraft. (ANI)

Check the relevant thread under PAF section and stop posting it everywhere as if its causing you great excitement.

This statement is definetly tells its from New Delhi reporting with emphasis on bad Chinese design

This statement is definetly tells its from New Delhi reporting with emphasis on bad Chinese design

Raffale has crashed 4 times in same period

Back
Top Bottom