What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

The JF17M's are Block II's, interesting cockpit in that it is the same as the Block I cockpit. No changes or improvements visible from that shot.

According to the undisclosed proposal drawn up by the Pakistani Air Force and Chinese officials at the start of the year, a special economic zone under CPEC would be created in Pakistan to produce a new generation of fighter jets. For the first time, navigation systems, radar systems and onboard weapons would be built jointly by the countries at factories in Pakistan.

The proposal, confirmed by officials at the Ministry of Planning and Development, would expand China and Pakistan’s current cooperation on the JF-17 fighter jet, which is assembled at Pakistan’s military-run Kamra Aeronautical Complex in Punjab Province. The Chinese-designed jets have given Pakistan an alternative to the American-built F-16 fighters.

China’s ‘Belt and Road’ Plan in Pakistan Takes a Military Turn
https://nyti.ms/2GutBQB?smid=nytcore-ios-share

"According to our information the relevant report is not true," the Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson, Hua Chunying, told a media briefing when asked about the report, which coincided with the eighth Joint Coordination Committee (JCC) meeting of the CPEC during which both sides signed an agreement to expand industrial cooperation in diverse fields and attract investment in special economic zones.

Hua said the CPEC is an important framework for cooperation bearing the long-term interests in mind.

Obviously it is a fake news.

The JF17M's are Block II's, interesting cockpit in that it is the same as the Block I cockpit. No changes or improvements visible from that shot.

Hi,

No change was anticipated---for the reason---when the new aircraft are inducted---a time tested proven and functional system is operating that aircraft---.

That system could operationally be 3-5 years old or more in age---.

That holds true for all air forces and military aircraft manufacturers---.

According to the undisclosed proposal drawn up by the Pakistani Air Force and Chinese officials at the start of the year, a special economic zone under CPEC would be created in Pakistan to produce a new generation of fighter jets. For the first time, navigation systems, radar systems and onboard weapons would be built jointly by the countries at factories in Pakistan.

The proposal, confirmed by officials at the Ministry of Planning and Development, would expand China and Pakistan’s current cooperation on the JF-17 fighter jet, which is assembled at Pakistan’s military-run Kamra Aeronautical Complex in Punjab Province. The Chinese-designed jets have given Pakistan an alternative to the American-built F-16 fighters.

China’s ‘Belt and Road’ Plan in Pakistan Takes a Military Turn
https://nyti.ms/2GutBQB?smid=nytcore-ios-share
Thanks for posting this here. There is certainly no debate here on PDF on such an important news. This shows the quality of discussion at PDF these days.

"According to our information the relevant report is not true," the Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson, Hua Chunying, told a media briefing when asked about the report, which coincided with the eighth Joint Coordination Committee (JCC) meeting of the CPEC during which both sides signed an agreement to expand industrial cooperation in diverse fields and attract investment in special economic zones.

Hua said the CPEC is an important framework for cooperation bearing the long-term interests in mind.

Obviously it is a fake news.
Chinese denials are usually taken as confirmations by sane observers.

Though I am not in a position to confirm or refute the development of a new 5th generation fighter plane, I suspect that the news is probably correct.

News is correct.

But.

Its framework isn't part of CPEC. Its a separate deal.

Thanks for posting this here. There is certainly no debate here on PDF on such an important news. This shows the quality of discussion at PDF these days.

Chinese denials are usually taken as confirmations by sane observers.

Though I am not in a position to confirm or refute the development of a new 5th generation fighter plane, I suspect that the news is probably correct.

I did discuss this news in another thread. Idk if it's of any value though since I'm just a civilian with no inside knowledge...just basically saying my opinion. I would love to know more POVs regarding this news.
[URL="https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/paf-and-china-starting-a-new-project-under-cpec-developing-next-generation-aircrafts-and-subsystems.592650/page-6#post-11040488"]PAF and China starting a new project under CPEC; developing next generation aircrafts and subsystems[/URL]

News is correct.

But.

its nothing new its just a rehashed story about aviation city project of Pakistan which former ACM Sohail Aman has already announced they just added China and CPEC to give a particular angle or spin to this newsBTW Sohail Aman has already confirmed the collaboration with China for NGF project.

News is correct.

But.

its nothing new its just a rehashed story about aviation city project of Pakistan which former ACM Sohail Aman has already announced they just added China and CPEC to give a particular angle or spin to this newsBTW Sohail Aman has already confirmed the collaboration with China for NGF project.

Back
Top Bottom