What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

I humbly disagree ... whats the use of a weapon that will be banned in case of a war ... in 1971 indians were getting russian ammunition and we were facing american ban and lolypop ... our navy was primarily destroyed due to russian supplied missile boat secretly to india ... so if chinese systems are not upto the level of western equipment then we should work with them to make them better ... it is a win win ... we can start a jv for a bvr missile thag we can own just like thunder ...

Western option is not an option ... i dont when will we learn ... we witnessed pressler amendment ... recently we witnessed turkey and saudia fiasco ... our f16s cannot get upgrades ... still we want to consider western equipments ... we are fooling ourselves

Hi,

Our navy was destroyed in 1971 because of Traitors in the PAF---the russian missiles boats were a secondary cause---.

These cowards / traitos refused to act on the information provided by the civil authority that a PIA pilot reported missile boats being towed behind a ship towards karachi---.

So, what do we do if the Chinese systems don't perform as per expectations?

Hi,

Then one should have acted in a quick and a timely manner to procure the needed items and made clear decisions after 9/11---.

Hi,

Our navy was destroyed in 1971 because of Traitors in the PAF---the russian missiles boats were a secondary cause---.

These cowards / traitos refused to act on the information provided by the civil authority that a PIA pilot reported missile boats being towed behind a ship towards karachi---.

Hi,

Then one should have acted in a quick and a timely manner to procure the needed items and made clear decisions after 9/11---.
Agreed, 1971 was a nightmare ... But I was talking about just one blunder (relying on US) out of list of many blunders ...

This is not an art but science ... These systems work on pre-defined criteria, you can test them, improve them and retest them ...

Assuming that they might not work should not be the criteria ... We should check whether they work or not,,, and if they don't then we should help modifying them to make them work ... their is no alternative ...

A working civic is still better than a Bugatti without fuel available for race day ... With civi chances are low but still you have chances, but with bugati, you can't even participate in the race as fuel is banned ...

Let's put a body kit on a Corrolla :rolleyes:

A body kit and the switch over to the WS-19 in development for the Carrier J-31 program, and then at some point it become like the little train that could. I think I can, I think I can, Until it did.

P.S. Just for laughs check out this Body Kit

A Corrolla is supposed to stay under a certain cost ceiling. That's how we're buying 250 jets.

A body kit and the switch over to the WS-19 in development for the Carrier J-31 program, and then at some point it become like the little train that could. I think I can, I think I can, Until it did.

P.S. Just for laughs check out this Body Kit

A Corrolla is supposed to stay under a certain cost ceiling. That's how we're buying 250 jets.

But we also need to have Jets that manage the Threat Effectively; Hence the need for the AESA Radars, possibly IRST, and a redesign to the front Fuselage and Tails to get our pilots to the merge where they have a fighting change. The PAF will have find a way to thread the needle.

That is being done to the extent that its needed.

But we also need to have Jets that manage the Threat Effectively; Hence the need for the AESA Radars, possibly IRST, and a redesign to the front Fuselage and Tails to get our pilots to the merge where they have a fighting change. The PAF will have find a way to thread the needle.

The body kit of Corolla is in the works..

FC-1_stealth.jpg

Yeah it could take a while. PAF would like to conduct a comparative test run on the available solutions to determine which system suits them the best and integrates all of the weapons they've got.

Actually the key selling point is AIM-120 AMRAAM integration through Vixen radar.

PAF is also looking for JHMCS integration on Thunders with 5th gen HOBS AAM like those Darters which just got certified.
The original manufacturer of the JHMCS-series is Elbit in Israel. So if the PAF is looking to get the JHMCS, then it'll have to work through an intermediary, e.g., the US, UK, Italy or Brazil. It's plausible if the PAF had asked Leonardo to basically provide an end-to-end electronics solution for the JF-17 (Leonardo uses the Targo on the M-346).

If the PAF opts for the Vixen 1000E or Grifo-E, then it need not confine itself to the AIM-120C5, it can also push for MICA, MICA-NG or even Turkey's Merlin BVRAAM as well.

That said, I do think the Block-I and Block-II retrofit would benefit from a Chinese AESA radar. The PAF has a stockpile of SD-10 and C-802 AShM and the existing Block-I/II units have acclimated to those.

Weigh that question against the other question, "so what do we do if western equipment (sanction prone as it is) comes under sanctions, will they then perform as per expectations?" and enlighten us with your result. Where does the scale tip?

The original manufacturer of the JHMCS-series is Elbit in Israel. So if the PAF is looking to get the JHMCS, then it'll have to work through an intermediary, e.g., the US, UK, Italy or Brazil. It's plausible if the PAF had asked Leonardo to basically provide an end-to-end electronics solution for the JF-17 (Leonardo uses the Targo on the M-346).

If the PAF opts for the Vixen 1000E or Grifo-E, then it need not confine itself to the AIM-120C5, it can also push for MICA, MICA-NG or even Turkey's Merlin BVRAAM as well.

That said, I do think the Block-I and Block-II retrofit would benefit from a Chinese AESA radar. The PAF has a stockpile of SD-10 and C-802 AShM and the existing Block-I/II units have acclimated to those.
Why can't those missiles be acclimated to the new AESA radar?

Why can't those missiles be acclimated to the new AESA radar?
1-2 years ago AVIC officials told Alan Warnes that it was unlikely that China and Italy/UK would work together in pairing the SD-10 to the Vixen. So you either go all in with China, go all in with Western COTS, or make your own stuff and be trusted by outside partners to keep their stuff (e.g., source codes) under wraps.

1-2 years ago AVIC officials told Alan Warnes that it was unlikely that China and Italy/UK would work together in pairing the SD-10 to the Vixen. So you either go all in with China, go all in with Western COTS, or make your own stuff and be trusted by outside partners to keep their stuff (e.g., source codes) under wraps.
the choice is pretty obvious. trusting any western source to abide by their agreements is akin to trusting a cobra to to not bite you...

Back
Top Bottom