What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

Surpass! No.
Failure detection & dual redundant power module is certainly based on series 33.
LP speed governor is mostly collaboration under ToT.
TER has major input from BUAA.
So compressor stalls at high AoA and low speed a thing of the past?

No one will guarantee a stall-free engine.
LP speed governor development was going on for a while at BUAA under ToT with russians.
Figure of speech.
I suppose those lessons then end up being applied to domestic Chinese turbines.

You only have to look at Mushtaq numbers to know that PAF will keep on making the JF17 beyond the stated values, way more than 250, and closer to 450 imho.

This is from a BUAA brochure, on my desk for a while.
Specific to RD93, a very small amount of core air gets combusted, mostly is for air cooling. Stator-rotor assembly is governable in modern turbine esp at acute AoA. AoA is relative to the motion of the rotor blade or the stator-rotor assembly & works under a tight envelop with restrictions. Under air-starvation combustion chamber temperature rises dramatically for RD-93. With extremely low compressor outlet pressures [outlet pressure vs massflowrate equation], bypass-fuel shock will be produced at the outlet nozzle damaging turbine & further. Under high outlet pressure compressor surge will exit from the front. Therefore these developments were necessary for smooth performance, longer life & low maintenance.
Figure of speech.

You only have to look at Mushtaq numbers to know that PAF will keep on making the JF17 beyond the stated values, way more than 250, and closer to 450 imho.

That is not going to happen and your example is not really accurate as majority of the Mushaks are used by Army Aviation instead of PAF. Pakistan's goal is to have 450 fighter jets in total and it won't ever be a single-platform force.

That is not going to happen and your example is not really accurate as majority of the Mushaks are used by Army Aviation instead of PAF. Pakistan's goal is to have 450 fighter jets in total and it won't ever be a single-platform force.
Correct it wont be single platform but jf-17 with multiple variants will be the core force. For JF-17, we would see something like JF-17 NG if Chengdu crowd keeps their thinking hats on; for now Blk 3 / B models would be the dominant build for next 3-4 years. For NG, there would definitely have to be soul searching and most likely review Gripen NG to learn. Could we see canard configuration? better engine and more use of composites? Just some thoughts. There is a long long way to go and i see a lot of potential.

I had heard if we count one for one replacement of ~50 a5, ~100 f-7p ~60 f-pg and ~120 mirages then do the math

Last edited:
Correct it wont be single platform but jf-17 with multiple variants will be the core force. For JF-17, we would see something like JF-17 NG if Chengdu crowd keeps their thinking hats on; for now Blk 3 / B models would be the dominant build for next 3-4 years. For NG, there would definitely have to be soul searching and most likely review Gripen NG to learn. Could we see canard configuration? better engine and more use of composites? Just some thoughts. There is a long long way to go and i see a lot of potential.

Hi,

Paf does not like the Canard Version for some reason---.

I think more powerful engine is the only item missing now ...

Higher RCS
Canards can also
1.deflect and
2.scatter
incoming waves from radar at different angles, depends upon positioning of aircraft relative to radar direction.

If you want an aircraft with low RCS, then the shape of the whole aircraft has to be modified foremost, so the aircraft can either deflect, scatter, absorb or wrap the incoming radar waves.

One more term is "creeping wave" concept, the wave wraps around the surface, but unlike the wrapping wave(which keeps continuing in same direction after hitting the aircraft surface), the creeping wave actually, makes a u-turn after it has wrapped around and traveled along the surface, to go back to the radar.
But if its out-of-phase to incoming radar wave, it will cause interference to the incoming radar wave, since the radar will keep transmitting, this is due to a delay in time caused during the process of 1.wrapping around 2. making u-turn and 3. going back to radar.

lol, im thinking of opening a topic on radars very soon.

Back
Top Bottom