What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

Wiki pedia says jf17block1 upgrraded to block 2 is that right???
Secondly if they have to be updated what u guys think that it will be either just avionics changes or upgraded block 1 will have more internal fuel capacity as well as more weapon load and for more weapons load offcourse material changes will be required too strenghtenibg of wings reqd etc etc ???

Just the avionics I believe. Our MLUed F-16's have been upgraded to block 52 level minus the load carrying capability of the 52s.

I think PAF will try to add more Block 2s because Block 3 production will start by 2019 ....

I am so excited to see the structural changes on the block 3 , can't wait !!! :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:
i don't think that there will be any visible structural changes to the exterior.

Does anyone have a pic of a JF17 doing air refuelling? I am yet to see one.

According to my source there will be 10 , I don't know where they will accommodate these Hps , but this report is confirm ! ;)
Are there two cross sections/rudders or its only one in the newer version block-3?

Last edited:
Hello, one question guys.
Why don't we work on a completely indigenous weapons package for the thunder just as the French provide with their jets?
We could start off with a WVR missile and than working upwards towards BVR and anti-radiation, Anti-ship and Stand of range missiles.
From a MTCR compliant RA'AD, to H2/H4 SOW, we do have certain capabilities. Others would need to be invested upon.
Would that be beneficial in exports of the jet? Provide a low cost jet, and supply low cost munitions with it.

Hello, one question guys.
Why don't we work on a completely indigenous weapons package for the thunder just as the French provide with their jets?
We could start off with a WVR missile and than working upwards towards BVR and anti-radiation, Anti-ship and Stand of range missiles.
From a MTCR compliant RA'AD, to H2/H4 SOW, we do have certain capabilities. Others would need to be invested upon.
Would that be beneficial in exports of the jet? Provide a low-cost jet, and supply low cost munitions with it.
Because we don't have the industrial infrastructure required for in-house manufacturing and a company sole for this is not economically feasible ... However, with aviation city in pipeline, success of thunder Super Mushaq, Plan of in-house production of 5th generation fighter aircraft we are moving towards in-house production but it will take time,,, and will not be feasible without private sector getting involved in aviation sector and electonics ...

Back
Top Bottom