What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

Block 3 prototype first flight will be in April 2018 and then testing with production in 2019 I think this is the message so avionics testing ( bug fix) and new weapons testing will continue and can be completed even after production but by April 2018 the final set of avionics i.e. Hmds, radar etc would be finalised by perhpas flying it on one of the test ac again guessing here

They may already be bench testing it or perhaps flying it ??

Block 3 prototype first flight will be in April 2018 and then testing with production in 2019 I think this is the message so avionics testing ( bug fix) and new weapons testing will continue and can be completed even after production but by April 2018 the final set of avionics i.e. Hmds, radar etc would be finalised by perhpas flying it on one of the test ac again guessing here

They may already be bench testing it or perhaps flying it ??

My analysis on the matter

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/jf-17-thunder-multirole-fighter-thread-7.427560/page-207#post-9848395

The crucial aspect missing is announcement by PAF of definite timeframe for a flying PT-1

Dont worry, our attrition rate in war is now covered through JF-17.

Only if replacements arrive from China. In any major all out war, our lack of strategic depth will rear its ugly head, unfortunately.

If it's just addition of pylons for ldp and avionics racks like radar and no major structural change then you do not need a new build prototype you will just modify one of the existing ac any way you have to fly test it

Unlike jf17b

Well, for the single seater, there will be the question of how to deal with the newly available volume. They have multiple options.

1. The raised canopy causes unnecessary drag so they may decide to go with classical one.

2. Fill it with more goodies. Such as a new oxygen generation system. If they decide to put the internal EW suite here then cockpit will need EM shielding. Or it could house more fuel.

In any case, the weight distribution will change so much that the FBW system will need testing from grounds up. Also, the mechanical stresses etc.

If you listen carefully he mentions at 0:30 0:something going to happen between 14 to 19 Feb so almost 8 month old news

I was unsure whether it is recent news or not, which would imply Feb 2018. Still implausible but I wanted confirmation.

EDIT: Actually 14 - 19 Feb is the time range where India was supposed to introduce a new project for aircraft procurement.

OLD news and quite a stupid one. THey failed to even show the correct plane in the video and want the serious followers to pay any attention to it?
Bong he mari ha media walon nay!!

I am very lenient as long as news is interesting. And the most interesting part is that PAC has officially started work on Block 3. A similar announcement was made about Version B in April 2016 and first flight was April 2017. Also, it means there is some degree of parallelism in the two projects, which mean Block 3 could be considerably different from Version B. Also, remember that announcement of AvDI was made in the MoDP Year Book 2015-16. I wouldn't be surprised if Block 3 becomes the phase where Pakistani design experts perform all steps from design to production.

All of this hinges on the correctness of the news, background video notwithstanding.

@Bilal Khan (Quwa)

Back
Top Bottom