What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 6]

Status
Not open for further replies.
What happened to 3rd Squadron of JFT?? It was suppose to be set years ago..

All planes of 3rd squadron are currently assigned to Black panthers and Kamra their temporary abode. 13-144 took part in exercises couple months back

12732377.jpg

Black panthers logo. Still a part of 17th sqd and based at kamra. Imho, if the third squadron was in process of raising, they would been transferred to karachi by now.

10389497_10152460616814919_5736563911044817120_n.jpg

Out of the 1st 50 Block 1 aircraft, 8 were kept at Kamra or deputed to China for T&E and weapons integration so the rest can be fully deployed by the squadrons for their training.

50-8 = 42. Minus 1 loss, that is 41. So that puts each squadron strength at 20/21. There aren't many aircraft from block to form the 3rd squadron.

So all these are Black Panthers and Black Spiders.

In case the PAF changes its mind. JF-17 Thunder "B" out for a midday strike sortie. Equipped with the uprated RD-93MA the aircraft boasts several weapon carrying improvements including the ability for dual carriage of the PL-12/SD-10 missile. A complement of 3 LT-2 LGBs with the WMD-7 Targeting Pod providing target guidance.
(model is not by me, just added some fixed to make it more realistic)
img00002.JPG

The Tail Decal is pretty awesome.

After closely following this aircraft, which aircrafts in IAF can it create problems for or battle out. Give me your short neutral perspective. Thanks.

After closely following this aircraft, which aircrafts in IAF can it create problems for or battle out. Give me your short neutral perspective. Thanks.
All of them...That is my honest opinion. So can the F7PG or the Mirage III. But if your question is of capability assessment, It is a light agile multirole fighter, it has decent specs, good ordinance, limited range and extra ordinary price to capability ratio. The air frame also has excellent growth potential and subsequent upgrades will only add to it's capabilities.

Last edited:

It can create problems for anything 75 miles away due to BVR's or anything on the ground from 120 + miles away due to standoff munitions it can carry. In close combat / Dog Fight, the jet's agility matters but one of the most critical parts is the pilot training for close combat.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom