What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 6]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to put things in perspective JF-17 uses Ring laser gyroscope

jf-17+THUNDER+FIGHTER+JET+PAKISTAN+paf+People%2527s+Liberation+Army+Air+Force+PLAAF++Pakistan+Aeronautical+Complex+Kamra+Specification+OFFICIAL+PRESENTATION++%25287%2529.jpg

all these 5th gen are good in to reach near target but not in fight i think may be i am wrong that but 4.75 gen fighter will beat 5th in fight in near fight...

What makes you think that? The 5th generation as the -22 are designed for air superiority roles to form the top tear. The dog fighting isn't its purpose but that ALSO doesn't mean it can't do it. When you have an incoming squadron and two of the -22's can take out 80% of inbound enemy jets without even getting detected....do you think the remainder 20% would really want to fight? Their mission is over at this point. However, if they do want to further engage, there would be -15's, -16 and in the future -35's for Dog Fighting. Even then it may not be a dog fight as futuristic WVR are extremely potent and almost guarantee a kill

By 2025 Pakistan's defense budget will linger around $15B which is slightly higher than what Turkey spends today. We may be able to opt for a multirole variant of the J-31 To gradually replace all of our F-16 fleet.

On the other hand, the UAE's Desert Falcons will become surplus around the same time when our MLUs would start retiring.

Saying that jf17 was designed to replace mirage and f7 is kinda old and baseless. The times have changed even the jf17 is extremely different that what initially was planned. Example 4+ avionics if not 4++ and DSI furthermore High range of weapons. So AESA is possible even in block 2 there is no restriction I am pretty sure if there is good deal that PAF gets it will equip them no matter what block is operational.

I ho
By 2025 Pakistan's defense budget will linger around $15B which is slightly higher than what Turkey spends today. We may be able to opt for a multirole variant of the J-31 To gradually replace all of our F-16 fleet.

On the other hand, the UAE's Desert Falcons will become surplus around the same time when our MLUs would start retiring.[/qu

On the other hand, the UAE's Desert Falcons will become surplus around the same time when our MLUs would start retiring.
I hope so. However the stuff that amount of money can buy today may be much less then in 2025.

I ho

I hope so. However the stuff that amount of money can buy today may be much less then in 2025.

really ... good news ... and hope so it will happens...but
2025 much late my brother ... in 2025 don't know new latest upgraded things will come out.
Pakistan must go on till 2025 with necessary in all aircraft's 4.75 gen with AESA system, need fighter helicopter like mi 28 night hunter or T 129 or china fighter helicopter's ... New latest upgrade missile system in Aircraft's etc ....

then in 2025 we will go for 5th generation or that time 2025 latest upgrade things.

Saying that jf17 was designed to replace mirage and f7 is kinda old and baseless. The times have changed even the jf17 is extremely different that what initially was planned. Example 4+ avionics if not 4++ and DSI furthermore High range of weapons. So AESA is possible even in block 2 there is no restriction I am pretty sure if there is good deal that PAF gets it will equip them no matter what block is operational.

It is still relevant and you need to see it in perspective. While all bells and whistles are possible you have an obsolescent fleet that needs replacing-- like yesterday. You need to therefore replace 150 -250 fighters in a span of 5-7 yrsa, build infrastructure for repair of the new plane and depot level maintainence including training of the maintewnance staff. Then you have to integrate new armaments and train your airmen to use them and devise strategies .Now if you want to add newer hardware to your plane there are 2 issues. Each new bit will have to be tested and need to have its teething problems resolved before you can use it and believe me it takes time.Secondly and most importantly it adds to your cost and when you are talking about replacement of fleet those are both crucial factors. So AESA and all else may be available today but how relevant is it in light of what i have said to integrate it in Block 2 and delay it even furhter and increase your costs, you need to decide.
Araz

You guys should also look for -16's Block 40 and 52 which will become surplus in some of the ANG as soon as the -35's start to make their squadrons in the USAF/ANG.
I'd go as far as recommending to get used -15's too for air superiority missions against the SU-30's. The amount of money (little money at that) you can spend on acquiring the -15's and get such tremendous capability is unimaginable and its only due to the availability of the -35.
That should take the pressure off of PAF for a few years till you guys either produce a more advanced and Stealthy future JFT block or get another platform like J-31 in numbers. Personally, I'd do another JV to come up with a Stealthy JFT (newer version and airframe in a new block or a new plane altogether)

You guys should also look for -16's Block 40 and 52 which will become surplus in some of the ANG as soon as the -35's start to make their squadrons in the USAF/ANG.
I'd go as far as recommending to get used -15's too for air superiority missions against the SU-30's. The amount of money (little money at that) you can spend on acquiring the -15's and get such tremendous capability is unimaginable and its only due to the availability of the -35.
That should take the pressure off of PAF for a few years till you guys either produce a more advanced and Stealthy future JFT block or get another platform like J-31 in numbers. Personally, I'd do another JV to come up with a Stealthy JFT (newer version and airframe in a new block or a new plane altogether)
Cash influx is needed in the JF-17 program so replacement of old fighters can be on track. It is already delayed unfortunately. Crash rate in recent years seem higher than before. Second hand F16s and new JF17s are the best option at the moment.

Anything new updates on JF-17 progress ?

I didn't see anything new info so far, mostly are old news. :(

jf-17 block 2 production is started but any 1 can tell me specification that have offical source

does PDF have pictures of all 50 JF-17 Blk-1 aircraft starting from 101 to 150?

It is still relevant and you need to see it in perspective. While all bells and whistles are possible you have an obsolescent fleet that needs replacing-- like yesterday. You need to therefore replace 150 -250 fighters in a span of 5-7 yrsa, build infrastructure for repair of the new plane and depot level maintainence including training of the maintewnance staff. Then you have to integrate new armaments and train your airmen to use them and devise strategies .Now if you want to add newer hardware to your plane there are 2 issues. Each new bit will have to be tested and need to have its teething problems resolved before you can use it and believe me it takes time.Secondly and most importantly it adds to your cost and when you are talking about replacement of fleet those are both crucial factors. So AESA and all else may be available today but how relevant is it in light of what i have said to integrate it in Block 2 and delay it even furhter and increase your costs, you need to decide.
Araz

everything takes time....rome wasnt built in 1-day....

does PDF have pictures of all 50 JF-17 Blk-1 aircraft starting from 101 to 150?

everything takes time....rome wasnt built in 1-day....
I do not know, but @aziqbal is keeping a list by himself. You may ask him when he comes back around to PDF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom