What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 6]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paramount Group as opposed to South African air force. Now it starts to make a bit of sence. Either Paramount is consulting for some government somewhere or are trying to set up a fleet and offer training

Not sure if they were already posted here (at least I wasn't able to find them !) ...
These are the first two JF-17 Block II serials - 2P01 & 2P02 - seen in late November this year when Sri Lankan Air Marshall was visiting PAC.
JF-17 Block II - first aircraft 2P01 - late Nov. 14.jpg
JF-17 Block II - aircraft 2P02 - late Nov. 14 - 1.jpg
JF-17 Block II - aircraft 2P02 - late Nov. 14 - 2.jpg

Nice even if I would like to see them with the IFR-probe installed (hopefully with a modified design in comparison to the testbed).

Anyway was this visit it "only" some kind of good-will visit to get some information ... or were there even earnest negotiations already ??

Deino

@Oscar i will be thankful to you sir,if you will put some light regarding speed of aircraft and can use of more composite materials will help increase of speed and load.

Not sure if they were already posted here (at least I wasn't able to find them !) ...
These are the first two JF-17 Block II serials - 2P01 & 2P02 - seen in late November this year when Sri Lankan Air Marshall was visiting PAC.
View attachment 160933 View attachment 160934 View attachment 160935
Nice even if I would like to see them with the IFR-probe installed (hopefully with a modified design in comparison to the testbed).

Anyway was this visit it "only" some kind of good-will visit to get some information ... or were there even earnest negotiations already ??

Deino

previously there were 'rumors' about Srilanka acquiring limited number of JF-17, so we can make a guess that those rumor were just rumors ....

BTW I think this is the second visit of Srilankan delegation previously I believe they visited last year ... If I am not wrong ..... can anybody confirm .... ??

why dont we get saturn 117s thrust vectoring turbfan for block 3? it will be a massive boost in payload and ttw. the ws 10 would be just as good i mean i know they wont fit but we can enlarge the aircraft
Saturn 117s is latest being used on SU-35s first china problem,then money and after that it is bigger then rd-93.

Paramount Group as opposed to South African air force. Now it starts to make a bit of sence. Either Paramount is consulting for some government somewhere or are trying to set up a fleet and offer training

this visit of Paramount Group delegation is interesting .... they also have lot of goodies to offer ...

Deino
Posted on the previous page. Nice to see you here
W.H.Auden is also my favourite

I've stopped posting in speculative threads- been 5 years of speculations and now I would wait and see how things pan out
manti/antibody

this visit of Paramount Group delegation is interesting .... they also have lot of goodies to offer ...
That's true too. The IFR for Jf-17 and also the Mirages IFR training (maybe more) was South African. Not too sure with company

28 October, 2014 (10-124)

nigerian-air-force-pac-visit-6.jpg

27 November, 2014 (10-124)

sri-lankan-air-force-visit-pac-6.jpg

On the basis of these two pics can we assume that the up-gradation of JF-17 from blk-I to blk-II standard take more or less 1 month .... ???

Last edited:
can anyone post scpecs comparison between block 1 and 2

28 October, 2014 (10-124)

View attachment 160984

27 November, 2014 (10-124)

View attachment 160986

On the basis of these two pics can we assume that the up-gradation of JF-17 from blk-I to blk-II standard take more or less 1 month .... ???

cannot assume anything......

It seems Block-1 are being upgraded concurrently. Notice white taps on wings, It's wing strengthening measures besides the usual avionics upgrades it will receive

sri-lankan-air-force-visit-pac-6.jpg

nsw-visit-pac-4.JPG

And since we know South africa is in another prospective buyer of JF-17

A team from Paramount Group, South Africa Visits PAC

25 November, 2014 - A 04 member team from Paramount Group, South Africa led by Mr. Ivor Ichikowitz visited PAC on 25 November, 2014. The delegation was welcomed by Chairman PAC. The delegation leader was called on to Chairman PAC Board in his office to discuss the areas of mutual interests and benefits. The visiting team gave a presentation about their areas of expertise in defence products. A detailed question-answer session was carried out after the briefing. The briefing was followed by a tour to PAC facilities. The delegation has highly appreciated the established facilities and acknowledged that Pakistan Aeronautical Complex Kamra is equipped with state-of-the-art machining and manufacturing facilities. He further looked forward towards more relationship between the two countries through downloading of aviation workload to PAC Kamra.

What is significant is both Nigeria, Southafrica and Srilanka paid visit to PAC. All three are potential buyers of JF-17

why would SA buy JFT. they have Gripens!!!

cannot assume anything......

why would SA buy JFT. they have Gripens!!!

Chairman PAC can tell better who mentioned South africa as one of the potential customers out of 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom