What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 6]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting to see new weapons with JF-17 every now and then. I am assuming PAF already has orders for the GB-6 to supplement the Durandals.
Yes, but we like to see JF's flying with those armaments. I am tired of seeing photo-shoped images and CGIs.

Yes, but we like to see JF's flying with those armaments. I am tired of seeing photo-shoped images and CGIs.

PAF really needs to brush up on the photography section, but then i don't blame them. Sometimes it is best to keep the weapons and profile under disguise.

PAF really needs to brush up on the photography section, but then i don't blame them. Sometimes it is best to keep the weapons and profile under disguise.
Yes, this is a famous excuse that is given and I am sorry, I don't buy it. Our weaponry is not any more advanced or of Martian origin than what many other countries have in their arsenals. If they could put them on display, so can we. Take for instance that H4 stand off weapon. What was/is so unique about that weapon system that we have not seen one photo of it either hanging from a pylon or being launched from the aircraft. Was that any better than SOWs in use with IAF, USAF, or other air forces? I understand weapon systems can be kept secret until next generation weapons become available but for ever? This does not make sense and it means only one thing; those weapons were not operational rather prototypes. Our cruise missiles can be displayed but not H4... does this make sense? A plethora of weapons is revealed/displayed on the ground, but not hanging on the pylons of a flying aircraft... what does it mean? Weapons are already disclosed but cant be shown in the air? Come one, please educate me about PAF's logic.

Last edited:
Considering that Alan Warnes's Camera gets confiscated now and then for censorship.. I dont expect any change in that policy.

Yes, this is a famous excuse that is given and I am sorry, I don't buy it. Our weaponry is not any more advanced or of Martian origin than what many other countries have in their arsenals. If they could put them on display, so can we. Take for instance that H4 stand off weapon. What was/is so unique about that weapon system that we have not seen one photo of it either hanging from a pylon or being launched from the aircraft. Was that any better than SOWs in use with IAF, USAF, or other air forces? I understand weapon systems can be kept secret until next generation weapons become available but for ever? This does not make sense and it means only one thing; those weapons were not operational rather prototypes. Our cruise missiles can be displayed but not H4... does this make sense? A plethora of weapons is revealed/displayed on the ground, but not hanging on the pylons of a flying aircraft... what does it mean? Weapons are already disclosed but cant be shown in the air? Come one, please educate me about PAF's logic.

The H-4 issue has more to do with avoiding a lawsuit and diplomatic tensions than the weapon's sophistication itself.

Additionally, the PAF does not keep armaments loaded onto aircraft for displays nor do any of us have camera's when F-16s do fly around with AIM-120s.. or JF-17s fly with SD-10.

A LOT of the Photographs from western sources of weapons flying around in peacetime are from amateur photographers who take the shots from free access areas around bases. There is nothing like the number of aviation enthusiasts who exist in Pakistan and more importantly are freely allowed to photograph around the runway.

Almost all "Black" US programs were revealed after US magazines like Aviation week or otherwise got hold of photographs by guys camping out in the desert within the flightpath of aircraft to get a glimpse.

Yet, there is no one(bar four or five on PDF) who would go and sit outside Kamra or Jacobabad in the Sun to watch the flight activity during the day.

The H-4 issue has more to do with avoiding a lawsuit and diplomatic tensions than the weapon's sophistication itself.

Additionally, the PAF does not keep armaments loaded onto aircraft for displays nor do any of us have camera's when F-16s do fly around with AIM-120s.. or JF-17s fly with SD-10.

A LOT of the Photographs from western sources of weapons flying around in peacetime are from amateur photographers who take the shots from free access areas around bases. There is nothing like the number of aviation enthusiasts who exist in Pakistan and more importantly are freely allowed to photograph around the runway.

Almost all "Black" US programs were revealed after US magazines like Aviation week or otherwise got hold of photographs by guys camping out in the desert within the flightpath of aircraft to get a glimpse.

Yet, there is no one(bar four or five on PDF) who would go and sit outside Kamra or Jacobabad in the Sun to watch the flight activity during the day.

Yup, strict rules around airfields have made that impossible. Karachi Airport has a viewing gallery, i used to go there when i was like 5 years old back in the 90s, watch all those lovely liveries take off and land, cost Rs 3 for the entrance ticket. :)
However, it's impossible now. Making photographs and video at even civilian airports is prohibited by law. More so in cases of military airbases. However, Alan Warnes always got the access, which is what i am surprised at.

Reactions: HRK
Does anybody know if Pakistan is still working with Denel Dynamics of SA ? (for the Darter I believe it was )

As Khalid Mehmood said our block 1 50 thunders are in process of upgrade and begin delivery of them in December, what does it mean all by December or few planes in a month or what time. Can any body answer that.
Its also clear now that block 2 will start production after 50 are configured in blk 2.

We are quite late then. The fuselages shown during Nigerian Military delegation are not being worked on. They are waiting for clearance till blk 1 are completely modified. You can see in the pictures that no wires, parts, or tools are near by , as fuselages are not made here. They are made in china and sent by sea or air, as seen in some pics only fuselages being off loaded from planes.

At least blk 1 will be able to carry all Chinese latest weaponry as shown in pictures.

15719342746_d6d6bb5421_b.jpg

DB-6 details

e are quite late then. The fuselages shown during Nigerian Military delegation are not being worked on. They are waiting for clearance till blk 1 are completely modified. You can see in the pictures that no wires, parts, or tools are near by , as fuselages are not made here. They are made in china and sent by sea or air, as seen in some pics only fuselages being off loaded from planes..

Or maybe the floor was cleared up for the dignitary's visit??
Unless off course you have first hand accounts of this being the reason?

"Pakistan sent 18 JF-17 to china"

Well that's a pleasant surprise. A news kept hidden so well nobody noticed there was a air combat exercise in western china

Any more detail .... link ....

Any more detail .... link ....

Imho, you can't hide news of such magnitude and the disclosure of this in such a casual manner. I hope marketing director is not spreading disinformation for marketing purposes

Reactions: HRK
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom