What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 6]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since they got big money upgradings IAF 2ks and hefty Rafale deal was progressing, They did'nt wanna annoy India and and loose big deals compared to what we were gonna buy.

Hi,

That came in much much later----after 9/11 and start of wot in afg---the French were excited that the paks will go with the rafale---we are talking about the beginning of 2002 - 03

Hi,

That came in much much later----after 9/11 and start of wot in afg---the French were excited that the paks will go with the rafale---we are talking about the beginning of 2002 - 03
But we didn't even ordered falcon or even their mlu program till later.Dassault was only gonna get 1 customer either india or us so they chose for bigger one.

Swashplate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Swashplate_anim_metal.gif

KLJ V2 swash plate radar

9gmsMwv.gif

Capture3.JPG

Capture4.JPG
Capture5.JPG

Taken from recent PAC promotional video Youtube

Last edited:
Hi All AF professionals!
I m a silent reader of this forum particularly JF-17 thread since it was thread-3 few years back.
I m not airforce but airline professional have keen interest in fighter. I like posts from @munir,mastan khan, aeronaut azadpakistan
I would like to know where does our JF-block-II stands vs Rafale? I know rafale has upper hand in engineTWR & more hard points but where does it match or exceeds?
Thanks
Welcome to our Kingdom Bro!.

Hi,

Here is the thing---and that is the bottomline----when you buy weapons----you purchase them to fight the enemy's weapons and come out on top. Your weapons also need to make the statement that it is not worth it----let us make peace----.

On top of all that----it is all about timing----. All you guys parents taught you from childhood---timing is important----stitch in time saves nine---time once gone you cannot catch it.

That is what the JF 17 is----it is a wonderful and capable aircraft---but it is not the doctor ordered. This aircraft will perform after 15 years of its inception what the rafale or blk 52 would have performed 10 years ago.

PAF blundered into the mindset that there would be no war with india anymore----. For that reason they were LOLLYGAGGING FOR 4 + YEARS----jumping here jumping there---playing the grippen---playing the rafale----in the process they pi-ssed of the swedes---worst of all they pi-ssed off the French.

Blk 52 was the answer right from day one----by the beginning of 2002 they should have finalized the deal for the blk 52 or the rafale if they were afraid of sanctions-----. But something was supposed to be done in the 30 to 90 days period after they decided to ally on WOT.

4 sqdrn's of these aircraft by 2004---2005 and the peace deal was a done deal. But the stupid Pakistani decided to save the 5 BILLION DOLLARS just because peace was evident and thought it would be a waste...

Tell me now what is waste and who is the fool.

Listen to what the Pakistanis are saying---OUR chicken little is better than their Master Blaster.

The bottomline is that the PAF has failed the nation one more time. Today----there is war----and Pakistan cannot place a frontline fighter aircraft other than the F 16 for the combat.

With 4-5 sqdrn's of rafales---indian stance would have been different----and even if they had 3---4 sqdrn's of J11's we would not be seeingthis kind of talk from india.

JF 17 is a great aircraft in its line----but that is nt what the doctor ordered for this DISEASE. It will be a great supplementary aircraft to fill in the gap WHEN it is ready.

For so many so many years, why is this old man still being so naive and performing like a fool and raising his stupid point again and again and again and again? Will he ever get bored?

There's a very simple reason! India has a GDP about ten times the size of Pakistan. If Pakistan decided to buy 5 squadrons of Rafales and made India feel seriously threatened. Then they simply can buy 50 squadrons of Rafale or Eurofighters for it's air force. 10 on 1! Forget about your deterrence! Your super power french father can't help you here! What good will it do for Pakistan to get into this kind of competition with India?

I just don't understand! Why a few dozen mirage 2000 (remember your super power french father's mirage 2000 you have been talking about for years?) or some other french plane can make this old man feel secure against India... I don't get it at all...

1568483_-_main.jpg

Recent images of two China Aerospace Science and Industry Corporation (CASIC) CM-400AKG high-speed air-to-surface missiles on an airborne Chengdu Aircraft Corporation (CAC) FC-1/JF-17 fighter. Source: Chinese internet

Recent images of two China Aerospace Science and Industry Corporation (CASIC) CM-400AKG high-speed air-to-surface missiles fitted to an airborne Chengdu Aircraft Corporation (CAC) FC-1/JF-17 fighter suggest that China continues to develop the missile.

While the source or date of the photos is not known, they have appeared on multiple Chinese military websites. The JF-17 carrying the missiles, which could be mock-ups, has a serial number of 10-115 and is believed to be a test aircraft based at the CAC airfield.

Chinese sources indicate the CM-400AKG is derived from the SY-400 tactical ballistic missile. The CM-400AKG has been promoted as a 'hypersonic' anti-ship-capable missile since its unveiling at the November 2012 Zhuhai Airshow. However, at the November 2013 Dubai Airshow a Pakistan military source told IHS Jane's that while the CM-400AKG was then in "Chinese service," an anti-ship version was still "in development".

If true then it is used by another platform as the FC-1/JF-17 is not in Chinese service. The most likely candidate is the Xian Aircraft Corporation JH-7A strike fighter or the Shenyang Aircraft Corporation's J-11 fighter family.

Chinese brochure data at the 2013 Dubai Airshow gave the CM-400AKG's length as 5.1 m, its diameter as 400 mm, weight as 910 kg and range as 100-240 km. It also listed seeker options to include "INS+GNSS+Passive Radar Seeker," which could have anti-ship capabilities, and "INS-GNSS+IR/TV Seeker". The respective circular error probable for each is given as 5 m and 5-10 m.

However, it is the CM-400AKG's reported maximum terminal speed of around Mach 4.5 to 5, which is obtained in part through its high altitude cruise and steep terminal dive, that has sparked the most interest. At the 2013 Paris Airshow Argentine officials with the FADEA state aircraft factory cited this missile's performance as a major reason for their interest in co-producing the FC-1/JF-17.

Images show JF-17 flying with CM-400AKG hypersonic ASM - IHS Jane's 360

nice pic but please merge it will existing JF-17 thread.

Hi,

Here is the thing---and that is the bottomline----when you buy weapons----you purchase them to fight the enemy's weapons and come out on top. Your weapons also need to make the statement that it is not worth it----let us make peace----.

On top of all that----it is all about timing----. All you guys parents taught you from childhood---timing is important----stitch in time saves nine---time once gone you cannot catch it.

That is what the JF 17 is----it is a wonderful and capable aircraft---but it is not the doctor ordered. This aircraft will perform after 15 years of its inception what the rafale or blk 52 would have performed 10 years ago.

PAF blundered into the mindset that there would be no war with india anymore----. For that reason they were LOLLYGAGGING FOR 4 + YEARS----jumping here jumping there---playing the grippen---playing the rafale----in the process they pi-ssed of the swedes---worst of all they pi-ssed off the French.

Blk 52 was the answer right from day one----by the beginning of 2002 they should have finalized the deal for the blk 52 or the rafale if they were afraid of sanctions-----. But something was supposed to be done in the 30 to 90 days period after they decided to ally on WOT.

4 sqdrn's of these aircraft by 2004---2005 and the peace deal was a done deal. But the stupid Pakistani decided to save the 5 BILLION DOLLARS just because peace was evident and thought it would be a waste...

Tell me now what is waste and who is the fool.

Listen to what the Pakistanis are saying---OUR chicken little is better than their Master Blaster.

The bottomline is that the PAF has failed the nation one more time. Today----there is war----and Pakistan cannot place a frontline fighter aircraft other than the F 16 for the combat.

With 4-5 sqdrn's of rafales---indian stance would have been different----and even if they had 3---4 sqdrn's of J11's we would not be seeingthis kind of talk from india.

JF 17 is a great aircraft in its line----but that is nt what the doctor ordered for this DISEASE. It will be a great supplementary aircraft to fill in the gap WHEN it is ready.
Hello
I agree that the time of joining wot was a best time to have best deal for bolck-52 or rafale. Like pak did wen usr invaded afghanistan and we got block-15 but i also believe that initiating jf project was also a right decision things will come out to take us to entily different level after few years

Welcome to our Kingdom Bro!.
Thanks Bro have a nice weekend

Last edited:
For so many so many years, why is this old man still being so naive and performing like a fool and raising his stupid point again and again and again and again? Will he ever get bored?

There's a very simple reason! India has a GDP about ten times the size of Pakistan. If Pakistan decided to buy 5 squadrons of Rafales and made India feel seriously threatened. Then they simply can buy 50 squadrons of Rafale or Eurofighters for it's air force. 10 on 1! Forget about your deterrence! Your super power french father can't help you here! What good will it do for Pakistan to get into this kind of competition with India?

I just don't understand! Why a few dozen mirage 2000 (remember your super power french father's mirage 2000 you have been talking about for years?) or some other french plane can make this old man feel secure against India... I don't get it at all...

Hi,

How are you doing little one? Just because india's gdp is 10 times----does not mean it can spend 10 times all the time----. If you know what I know about india's posture before the 2005 about making peace you would understand what I am saying.

The moment india feels seriously threatened by conventional means---it will sign a peace deal---as was the case before 2005. Agree or disagree----it is insider information. Once the threshold of a certain threat of conventional warfare is crossed----india knows and understands that any further fight is futile.

India also cannot buy 50 sqdrn's of any aircraft---neither does it have funds---nor the resources----neither trained staff---nor the man power.

Being a smaller nation with leser resources---we have fought more battles with india----we know where india stands----.

India'n publics psyche is build around the SU30---Pakistan just needs something to take out some of them in the first 3 days---that will change the everything.

This old man has just been proven right again---Pakistan air force just got caught again without an air superiority fighter aircraft a couple of weeks ago. India has built up on the war hysteria---the state is prepping its citizens and world for a war against Pakistan---and this round has been successful for them.

Indian public is fuming---they are on fire---they don't like being insulted by the 'little' Pakistan---and insult is a reason alone for war.

The french were in the past---that is an old news---now we are back with our old sugar daddy 'china'.

Last edited:
Hello
I agree that the time of joining wot was a best time to have best deal for bolck-52 or rafale. Like pak did wen usr invaded afghanistan and we got block-15 but i also believe that initiating jf project was also a right decision things will come out to take us to entily different level after few years

Thanks Bro have a nice weekend

Hi,

It is not about the decision being wrong----. The JF 17 in any form with its current size will not take us any where extraordinary without the presence of heavy fighter aircraft to cover the point and provide protection.

Look back at history----. The only reason the larger german tank got cornered was the sheer number of smaller American tanks. Only if paf can have 300 + JF 17 with aesa + the Bk 52 f 16's---I agree---it is a great setup for awhile----but what abut NOWWWWWW.

An ever present cloud of war is a " NOW " problem. The enemy is not going to wait till when you are fully prepared.

It is just like saying-----" My house is going to be robbed tonite----but I am going to get a gun tomorrow ".

A newbie question if the experts here don't mind so apart from the blk 52's we have no planes at this moment in our inventory to take on the SU-30's???

You should put things in their real context and lower the odds, since Pakistan population is also the tenth of that of India, they are in par with each other proportionally speaking.

Hi,

It is not about the decision being wrong----. The JF 17 in any form with its current size will not take us any where extraordinary without the presence of heavy fighter aircraft to cover the point and provide protection.

Look back at history----. The only reason the larger german tank got cornered was the sheer number of smaller American tanks. Only if paf can have 300 + JF 17 with aesa + the Bk 52 f 16's---I agree---it is a great setup for awhile----but what abut NOWWWWWW.

An ever present cloud of war is a " NOW " problem. The enemy is not going to wait till when you are fully prepared.

It is just like saying-----" My house is going to be robbed tonite----but I am going to get a gun tomorrow ".
For now the whole SU-35 MKI fleet is grounded. Isn't GOD great?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom