What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 6]

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to have RD-93 Overhaul capability in PAC,i hope Russia will offer this in near future.

Well i still very much remember when indians used to say that RD-93 has quality issues and JFT in future may face crashes due to engine failure even though still its been almost 8 years since JF-17 is in service and we have only 1 crash.

It also prove that indians pilots had the problem instead of rd-93

Short range is around 6 KM, 18 would be medium range

A beast in making

Weapons :
1-SD-10A BVRAAM (range 100km) .
2-PL-5EII short range infrared guided missile (range 18km).
3-MAR-1 Antiradiation missile which is used to destroy the air defence system of the enemy (range 100km).
4-Durandal anti-runway bomb.
5-C-802/803 Antiship cruise missiles in different variants.
6-CM-400AKG Hypersonic multipurpose air to ground missile.
7-GBU-10/12 Laser guided bombs.
8-LT-2 Laser guided bomb.
9-LS-6 GPS guided long range with glide kit air to ground 500kg bomb.
10-Mark series general purpose bombs.
11-CBU-100 Anti-armor cluster bomb.
12-Hafr-2 electro optical guided glide bomb.

JF-17 Thunder can carry Pakistani made RA'ad nuclear capable cruise missile.

what is wrong with you guys? why bring a total failure in Thunder discussion? Can we get over india and be confident just being ourselves without comparing to that shithole?

JF-17 or Tejas? Who has future?

We need to have RD-93 Overhaul capability in PAC,i hope Russia will offer this in near future.

Well i still very much remember when indians used to say that RD-93 has quality issues and JFT in future may face crashes due to engine failure even though still its been almost 8 years since JF-17 is in service and we have only 1 crash.

It also prove that indians pilots had the problem instead of rd-93
Maybe.But Air Cdre Khalid said it was due to pilot error.

Hi All AF professionals!
I m a silent reader of this forum particularly JF-17 thread since it was thread-3 few years back.
I m not airforce but airline professional have keen interest in fighter. I like posts from @munir,mastan khan, aeronaut azadpakistan
I would like to know where does our JF-block-II stands vs Rafale? I know rafale has upper hand in engineTWR & more hard points but where does it match or exceeds?
Thanks

Hi,

Rafale is not in same the league as the JF 17----. It is a much superior aircraft in all aspects.

Just simply look at it this way and forget all the lies and rhetoric of the Pakistani posters----.

France is a super power----it manufactures weapons system which are designed to take out anything put against it by Britain, Russia or china----. RAFALE is its frontline fighter aircraft----being an educated person---you can make your own deductions---easy---hehn.

Hi,

Rafale is not in same the league as the JF 17----. It is a much superior aircraft in all aspects.

Just simply look at it this way and forget all the lies and rhetoric of the Pakistani posters----.

France is a super power----it manufactures weapons system which are designed to take out anything put against it by Britain, Russia or china----. RAFALE is its frontline fighter aircraft----being an educated person---you can make your own deductions---easy---hehn.

Very sarcastic. Indeed! :sarcastic:

Hi,

Sir you are breaking heart of many Pakistani .:cry:

Not really... Who would be foolish to think JFT is in class of rafale or eurofighter. On the other hand it can pretty much handle mig-29 and Mirage 2K and give a fighting chance against rafale and mki if employed with proper tactics.

WTF ,
go to bed you are drunk
JFT is better than RAF

Not really... Who would be foolish to think JFT is in class of rafale or eurofighter. On the other hand it can pretty much handle mig-29 and Mirage 2K and give a fighting chance against rafale and mki if employed with proper tactics.
JF-17mkIII,with aesa radar,irst,link 16,ifr ,latest version SD-10 and 23500 bhp WS-13A/E engine will be a very capable machine
in the hand of a well trained pilot to counter any but 5th Gen fighter,i am sure.

Hi,

Thanks for expert views
Actually i was just thinking what @nana41 described also, we r working to counter any adversary whether jf future blocks will diminish the gap even with pay load through muli-rack, aesa radar,IR and WS13 engine, i m sure one day but no more than three years we will achieve all these

Hi,

Here is the thing---and that is the bottomline----when you buy weapons----you purchase them to fight the enemy's weapons and come out on top. Your weapons also need to make the statement that it is not worth it----let us make peace----.

On top of all that----it is all about timing----. All you guys parents taught you from childhood---timing is important----stitch in time saves nine---time once gone you cannot catch it.

That is what the JF 17 is----it is a wonderful and capable aircraft---but it is not the doctor ordered. This aircraft will perform after 15 years of its inception what the rafale or blk 52 would have performed 10 years ago.

PAF blundered into the mindset that there would be no war with india anymore----. For that reason they were LOLLYGAGGING FOR 4 + YEARS----jumping here jumping there---playing the grippen---playing the rafale----in the process they pi-ssed of the swedes---worst of all they pi-ssed off the French.

Blk 52 was the answer right from day one----by the beginning of 2002 they should have finalized the deal for the blk 52 or the rafale if they were afraid of sanctions-----. But something was supposed to be done in the 30 to 90 days period after they decided to ally on WOT.

4 sqdrn's of these aircraft by 2004---2005 and the peace deal was a done deal. But the stupid Pakistani decided to save the 5 BILLION DOLLARS just because peace was evident and thought it would be a waste...

Tell me now what is waste and who is the fool.

Listen to what the Pakistanis are saying---OUR chicken little is better than their Master Blaster.

The bottomline is that the PAF has failed the nation one more time. Today----there is war----and Pakistan cannot place a frontline fighter aircraft other than the F 16 for the combat.

With 4-5 sqdrn's of rafales---indian stance would have been different----and even if they had 3---4 sqdrn's of J11's we would not be seeingthis kind of talk from india.

JF 17 is a great aircraft in its line----but that is nt what the doctor ordered for this DISEASE. It will be a great supplementary aircraft to fill in the gap WHEN it is ready.

Hi,

Although I agree with you somehow, I want to point out the role of a very small and effective fighter aircraft that have shaped much of what we know today in the US arsenal, and that is the F-5 in all its variants. Due to its small size it wasn't that much visible till it closed in, and once there, its agility and maneuverability were as deadly as any huge and powerfull fighter jet twice its size and twice its weapons capacities. So I rather compare the JF-17 to the F-5 roles in todays context.
The other parameter is the time it will take the Indian pilots to get familiarized with it, and still much more time to get efficient in its use.
So you are right in the case of the French but not in the Indian context.

Although I agree with you somehow, I want to point out the role of a very small and effective fighter aircraft that have shaped much of what we know today in the US arsenal, and that is the F-5 in all its variants. Due to its small size it wasn't that much visible till it closed in, and once there, its agility and maneuverability were as deadly as any huge and powerfull fighter jet twice its size and twice its weapons capacities. So I rather compare the JF-17 to the F-5 roles in todays context.
The other parameter is the time it will take the Indian pilots to get familiarized with it, and still much more time to get efficient in its use.
So you are right in the case of the French but not in the Indian context.

Hi,

F 5 a 60 + years old----. It is nothing by itself-----. Until and unless you don't have the HEAVIES-----it has no place when placed against the heavies.

So---under the current circumstances---it is a worthless aircraft---basically a liability to the nation---. It would be a wonderful aircraft for those nations who only have aircraft in similar class to oppose.

Indian pilots don't need to familiarize with it----. It is an inferior platform to their su30's---.

Hi,

Here is the thing---and that is the bottomline----when you buy weapons----you purchase them to fight the enemy's weapons and come out on top. Your weapons also need to make the statement that it is not worth it----let us make peace----.

On top of all that----it is all about timing----. All you guys parents taught you from childhood---timing is important----stitch in time saves nine---time once gone you cannot catch it.

That is what the JF 17 is----it is a wonderful and capable aircraft---but it is not the doctor ordered. This aircraft will perform after 15 years of its inception what the rafale or blk 52 would have performed 10 years ago.

PAF blundered into the mindset that there would be no war with india anymore----. For that reason they were LOLLYGAGGING FOR 4 + YEARS----jumping here jumping there---playing the grippen---playing the rafale----in the process they pi-ssed of the swedes---worst of all they pi-ssed off the French.

Blk 52 was the answer right from day one----by the beginning of 2002 they should have finalized the deal for the blk 52 or the rafale if they were afraid of sanctions-----. But something was supposed to be done in the 30 to 90 days period after they decided to ally on WOT.

4 sqdrn's of these aircraft by 2004---2005 and the peace deal was a done deal. But the stupid Pakistani decided to save the 5 BILLION DOLLARS just because peace was evident and thought it would be a waste...

Tell me now what is waste and who is the fool.

Listen to what the Pakistanis are saying---OUR chicken little is better than their Master Blaster.

The bottomline is that the PAF has failed the nation one more time. Today----there is war----and Pakistan cannot place a frontline fighter aircraft other than the F 16 for the combat.

With 4-5 sqdrn's of rafales---indian stance would have been different----and even if they had 3---4 sqdrn's of J11's we would not be seeingthis kind of talk from india.

JF 17 is a great aircraft in its line----but that is nt what the doctor ordered for this DISEASE. It will be a great supplementary aircraft to fill in the gap WHEN it is ready.
@610....Mastan Sahab
I as a non professional and a mere enthusiastic reader do agree with your assessment of naive politico/strategic thinking of our defence think tanks.Please tell us what is your opinion about and the relevance of Swedish Grippen which falls in the same
Category as JF-17 in the environment of twin engined aesa equipped heavies.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom