What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 6]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope to see this on JFT soon. Multi SD-10 Launcher.

jf-17_thunder_sd-10_bvr_mssile_ls-6_bomb.jpg
I think that would be happen in BLOCK III. Along with Aesa it would be one another major addition in JF-17 BLOCK III @MastanKhan

For the AIM120 I saw both rail launched and ejected. Perhaps different versions or maybe it can be fired both ways.

Any information about SD10A?

AMRAAM or any other BVR's launching depends on the purpose of the missile. AMRAAM-D is based on eject down to slipstream principle due to coming out of an internal weapons bay of the -22 and -35. But they may develop a later version of the AMRAAM-D for rail launches.AMRAAM C series is fired off rails.

I don't know what SD-10 is right now (probably a rail launched platform), but in the future, it has to evolve into both versions, as the Chinese are building their stealth jets too.

Last edited:
AMRAAM or any other BVR's launching depends on the purpose of the missile. AMRAAM-D is based on eject down to slipstream principle due to coming out of an internal weapons bay of the -22 and -35. But they may develop a later version of the AMRAAM-D for rail launches.AMRAAM C series is fired off rails.

I don't know what SD-10 is right now (probably a rail launched platform), but in the future, it has to evolve into both versions, as the Chinese are building their stealth jets too.

PAF evaluated and approved the A version but the actual version in use is the current production version, which is SD-10B/PL-12B. SD-10C/PL-12C is being developed for use on the J-20/31.

• PL-12
  • PL-12A: improved variant
  • PL-12B: variant with improved guidance
  • PL-12C: with foldable tailfins
  • PL-12D: with a ramjet motor and a belly intake

Brief analysis China's SD-10B air-to-air missile
PL-12 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
I don't think so, it looks more like weight reduction, Al replaced by CF

The places pointed our by Viper in new JF-17 prototype under going testing in China for Air Refueling can hard points be added on those points. If you don't get what I am talking about looking at previous posts of Viper

I still can't understand why are they visiting DOHA. Why Qatar would have a look at JF-17

Maybe they want to buy JF-17 and use them in Syria??

why use your best aircraft when you can use cheap ones which can do same job

And why not? What's the harm in having a look?
Well no harm but when you can afford Euro Fighter or Rafale or Grippen NG or F-16 Viper why would you be interested JF-17

Well no harm but when you can afford Euro Fighter or Rafale or Grippen NG or F-16 Viper why would you be interested JF-17

There may not be any deal but marketing requires you go and promote your JF-17. It helps to stay in news and draw attention. Other nations take notice too.

Our PM is going to Qatar tomorrow. This may be to promote friendly atmosphere during his visit.

I m actually surprised saudis have so far shown little interest..
They can greatly augment their already impressive arsenal of f 15 se and eurofighters
.. and its cheap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom