What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 6]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually mk84 is only carried by f16 and jf not even mirgage carries it

"Four JF-17 Thunders from No. 26 'Black Spiders' squadron head towards Thal Bombing Range were tasked to engage some Hardened Aircraft Shelters (HAS) and strengthened targets. Two JF-17s were armed with two Mk 82 500lb (227kg) bombs, while the other pair were each loaded with one Mk 84 2,000lb (908kg) one on the centre-line station. Each aircraft pulled up individually to 5,000ft (1,525m) to acquire the target before rolling in for the attack. [Picture courtesy: Alan Warnes]"

exercise-7-large.jpg

"Four JF-17 Thunders from No. 26 'Black Spiders' squadron head towards Thal Bombing Range were tasked to engage some Hardened Aircraft Shelters (HAS) and strengthened targets. Two JF-17s were armed with two Mk 82 500lb (227kg) bombs, while the other pair were each loaded with one Mk 84 2,000lb (908kg) one on the centre-line station. Each aircraft pulled up individually to 5,000ft (1,525m) to acquire the target before rolling in for the attack. [Picture courtesy: Alan Warnes]"

exercise-7-large.jpg

old pic ....seriouly old pic....

enjoy this new one ..... JF-17 with 2 X 2000lb MK-82 bombs
2 X 2000lb MK-82 bombs.jpg

old pic ....seriouly old pic....

enjoy this new one ..... JF-17 with 2 X 2000lb MK-82 bombs
View attachment 278271

Yea, I just thought that @khanasifm said that the JF-17 couldn't carry the MK-84 when windy posted the same picture as you did. So I posted that picture with a description from a credible source. Btw those are MK-84s not MK-82s. MK-82s are 500lb each and a lot less exciting.

The upgradation of Blk 1 to blk 2 standard gained pace back in September 2014 as they swapped the blk 2 systems and EW into most blk 1s.

Yup, we are both saying the same thing. Now you'll see another change. When they start the JFT block III, it'll be base-lined avionics and hardware taken from the J-10B/C (AESA, etc). So, the block III work will start, but they'll also start to apply the same new standard on remaining of the block II's left. So in the next 3-4 years, you'll have all block II and III's on the same J-10B/C standards (avionics, hardware, radar,etc). All all block I's will be upgraded to the current block II levels due to space allocation inside the block I air-frame. Block III and future block II's will see a change / reconfiguration of the internal space to allow J-10B/C base-lined hardware, without significant changes to the air-frame.

will jf 17 block 3 complete 4th generation fighter?

will jf 17 block 3 complete 4th generation fighter?

if you are asking as will JFT blk3 be a complete 4th gen fighter - > the answer is blk 2 is also a 4th gen fighter

we expect blk3 with AESA radar and other mods to compete against 4.5 gen or close

if you are asking as will JFT blk3 be a complete 4th gen fighter - > the answer is blk 2 is also a 4th gen fighter

we expect blk3 with AESA radar and other mods to compete against 4.5 gen or close
thank you very much for the cleaning of my mind.

thank you very much for the cleaning of my mind.

Actually block 1 is also 4 generation and block 2 you can say advance in terms of radar and other goodies but still 4 gen and block 3 will be 4.5 gen fighter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom