What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 6]

Status
Not open for further replies.
JF-17 is a light weight aircraft. If you want to modify JF-17 and install a F-16 class engine, no need. There is already J-10 for that role.

If you modify JF-17 structurally, you will not be able to modify the existing blk I and II. JF-17 evolution will be F-16 like. Where older blocks can be upgraded to newer status, like F-16 MLU brings it near the BLK52 capability. Apart from some minor structure changes from earlier BLK 1,5 aircraft where they had the rear tail enlarged for stability purposes, BLK15 and onwards to BLK52, the F-16s remain structurally similar.

What changed was the avionics.

Hi,

I believe it is a choice of going for low altitude stability rather than high altitude ( plz correct me )

The existing blks are what they are. This consideration is of the---into the future---how much does the PAF like the JF17----.

If the Paf is well satisfied with this design---the there is no reason to stop here---a more powerful engine would be a nice upgrade---which may later on lead to a slightly larger wing---for added hard points---conformal fuel tanks etc etc.

So---basically---Pf will have its own f16 in the future.

Hi,

I believe it is a choice of going for low altitude stability rather than high altitude ( plz correct me )

The existing blks are what they are. This consideration is of the---into the future---how much does the PAF like the JF17----.

If the Paf is well satisfied with this design---the there is no reason to stop here---a more powerful engine would be a nice upgrade---which may later on lead to a slightly larger wing---for added hard points---conformal fuel tanks etc etc.

That was the idea from day one. An un-embargoable F16

Not yet. Needs dual ejector racks for BVRs. That will give you 4 BVRs and 2 WVRs. Now that would be sweet and would be achievable as well.
hope this help
jf-17_thunder_mission_load.jpg

its an 2011 picture the BUT THE GOOD NEWS IS THAT THE WINGTIPS CAN CARRY SD10 IN BLOCK 2

You mean redesign the whole wing assembly?

The need to replace the legacy fighters is far too urgent to waste on redesigning anything too strenuous. Redesign could spoil what works best now and the changes and tests could set us back another couple of years which we cannot afford. My 2 paisas worth.
A
Oscar Answered it....
"Considering we have ownership of the JFT it is quite likely that such changes can be done. But that all depends on how much growth we want out of the aircraft. There is a serious requirement to increase its internal fuel quantity and to achieve that the gears could go into the wings.
However, that would mean strengthening the wings and wing box which would add weight. Weight that would need to be shaved off by introducing composites.

Each of these would increase the cost, and hence take away from the "cost effectiveness" which is the driving point within the program."

@zebra7

Hi,

@MastanKhan Bro why they don't think about Western Engine ?
My Money is on EJ-200 with either 103 KN Thrust or 120 KN Thrust Engine.
It will improve Thrust to Weight Ratio of Thunder, will easily feed the Power needed for AESA, will increase the Payload Caring capacity and will increase the speed of Aircraft further more.
Its an expensive engine compare to RD-93. It is more Reliable, offers more life duration and more Thrust.
EJ-200 is the same engine that is fitted in Euro Typhoon and there was rumor 1-1.5 year back that Pakistan is considering it. But now it seems that they have been settled to RD-93 MA.
This Engine EJ 200 will be Surely better than Chinese one as well as Russian One.

Last edited:
@MastanKhan Bro why they don't think about Western Engine ?
My Money is on EJ-200 with either 103 KN Thrust or 120 KN Thrust Engine.
It will improve Thrust to Weight Ratio of Thunder, will easily feed the Power needed for AESA, will increase the Payload Caring capacity and will increase the speed of Aircraft further more.
Its an expensive engine compare to RD-93. It is more Reliable, offers more life duration and more Thrust.
EJ-200 is the same engine that is fitted in Euro Typhoon and there was rumor 1-1.5 year back that Pakistan is considering it. But now it seems that they have been settled to RD-93 MA.
This Engine EJ 200 will be Surely better than Chinese one as well as Russian One.

Engine selection depends on needs and preferences, its not a case of which is better as all are roughly the same. Twin seater JF-17 is rumored to be possibly powered by Snecma M88, its shorter but has a lower thrust, since dual seat is primarily a trainer the loss of thrust will be acceptable.

EJ-200 is most expensive and is expected only to be used on JF-17 if Saudi's order it, as it will give them commonality with their Eurofighters for ease of maintenance and sharing infrastructure.

RD-33 and RD-93 are actually somewhat different, so same specs should not be used. The latest RD-33 is the 3-series which has higher thrust than the usually defined specs and RD-93 has alot of improvements besides relocation of gearbox. From what I can gather from my searches RD-93 max thrust is not fixed. It can be tuned between 79-93KN max thrust, at higher thrust setting engine life is 2200hrs (down from 4000hrs at lower max thrust)

Length Thrust
EJ-200 4m 90KN (with afterburner)
Snecma M88 3.538m 75KN (with afterburner)
RD-33 4.299m 81.3KN (with afterburner)
RD-93 4.23m 93KN (with afterburner)
RD-93MA ? ?
WS-13 4.14m 86.37KN (with afterburner)
WS-13A ? 100KN (with afterburner)

The JF-17 is a really decent light weight fighter, its specs are enough for what it was intended to do. It should get good upgrades to keep itself relevant according to latest developments but my request to my fellows enthusiasts is to keep it a light fighter. It can get updated electronics/sensors but wish lists for more wing weapon hardpoints, larger wings CFTs, stealth and internal weapons are absurd. It can not be made a medium or heavy fighter, it should remain a light fighter. For high wish lists you should think of a JF-18 (??), JF-20 (J-10B) or JF-31 (J-31)

Last edited:
@Bratva
Please tell me the FOC standards parameters for PAF or for JFT ?

Can fly in both hot and cold conditions with combat payload . Can fire AAM, AGM, Air-2-SEA armaments. Proper maintenance supply chain established. AoA achieved 28 degrees and tons of other parameters. All achieved and FOC Achieved.

Well you Air 2 Sea weapon , came only last couple of year, also Did you consider Fuel Probe into FOC or NOT?

What is cold Temp parameter or what hot Temp parameters? how much -degree? be specific.

What you refer is Gen. terms and conditions . Be specific like Tejas ,: - Fuel probe / -20 degree engine soke in cold and it started in single go. Mid air engine switch off and restart.
Do you see it released? Unlike India, Pakistan does not like to publish the date the first screw was turned onto a project, first light came on, first flush in the factory toilet .. etc.

What is available is on the PAC website. If it is not sufficient, take it as it is and move on. However, if you continue to post repetitive nitpicking in your attempt to assuage your ego vis a vis the Tejas. I will not only ban you from this thread, but from all relevant aviation threads. IS THAT CLEAR?!
Pakistan Aeronautical Complex Kamra - JF-17 Thunder Aircraft
Any attempt at a smart alec reply will also leave you pink, Comprende?

Sick and tired of these idiotic questions like this is some official publication site.

Can fly in both hot and cold conditions with combat payload . Can fire AAM, AGM, Air-2-SEA armaments. Proper maintenance supply chain established. AoA achieved 28 degrees and tons of other parameters. All achieved and FOC Achieved.
Please do not indulge these useless parroting questions. Save for ten or fifteen; most of those across the border are only interesting in dissing and assuaging their pithy egos. A large section of their nation thrives on a culture of self-fellatio by comparison and ridicule and when they can throw bottles and trash on their own players(whom they supposedly love and support) for poor performance in one game, one can only imagine what goes on in their minds against whom they have open hatred.

Unless you see the rarity of someone genuinely interested in aviation and learning about the JF-17, please avoid needless discussion and report and parroting or dissing arguments. That person will promptly be removed from the section.

@HRK Usman S posted a new PDF In Jf-17 thread in PAKDEF. Can you post it here. Thank you

Reactions: HRK
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom