What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 6]

Status
Not open for further replies.
11136706_776223122474860_1767519781151836013_n.jpg

We need to integrate multi racks for BVRAAM

View attachment 263306
In a joint exercise the JF-17 was involved in ''shoot'n scoot'' tactics, it would see the bigger RCS adversary first, launch it weapon and break off before the other aircraft could acquire the smaller JF-17.....so it may be not intended to loiter around for longer periods.

How about this configuration in future.

View attachment 263312

Hi,

This is a very good configuration and not too expensive---.

What they need to do is to move the wheels outwards towards the wings---like they did with the Grippen. You can have conformal tanks above the wings and body and also increase the storage capacity beneath the wing and body----add two extra hard point and with air refueling---you get a fair amount of loiter time.

Hi,

What they need to do is to move the wheels outwards towards the wings---like they did with the Grippen. You can have mini conformal tanks above the wings and body and also increase the storage capacity beneath the wing and body----add two extra hard point and with air refueling---you get a fair amount of loiter time.

You mean redesign the whole wing assembly?

How about this configuration in future.

View attachment 263312
Problem is if you utilize both chin mounted inlets where do you put the gun. This is why one chin mounted inlet will be designated for a POD while the gun stays where it is. As to CFT------AS SOMEONE SAID
"Andhay ko andhairay main bahut door ke soojgee".
In short too many bridges to cross before we get to that one.
A

The need to replace the legacy fighters is far too urgent to waste on redesigning anything too strenuous. Redesign could spoil what works best now and the changes and tests could set us back another couple of years which we cannot afford. My 2 paisas worth.
A

is their possibility at the time of jf17 development it was not full fbw but now it is ? I think the later they might be updated to full fbw ?

The need to replace the legacy fighters is far too urgent to waste on redesigning anything too strenuous. Redesign could spoil what works best now and the changes and tests could set us back another couple of years which we cannot afford. My 2 paisas worth.
A

Exactly. What was proposed is not trivial and surely lower in the list of priorities. I agree with you here.

Exactly. What was proposed is not trivial and surely lower in the list of priorities. I agree with you here.

Hi,

In a technical engineering discussion---it does not work that way----. All options are put on the table at the one time---so that---if a change is needed---then you can decide which way to go.

If all the changes are not put on the table at the same time----then if you remember Pakistan road works---new road built---then torn up by telephone lines---rebuilt---then torn up by electric company----rebuilt and then torn up for plumbing.

So---if you decide to make a change---then you can plan which direction to take in a progressive manner.

In automobile design---when a new car design comes out---the design that is coming out after 4 years is also on the road being tested---and the one coming after 8 years is in the final stages of design.

As this aircraft has been touted as a modular design---then there maybe few options can be changed---. Moving the wheels outwards would be a major task----but still it should be considered for future changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom