What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 6]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sir ji,Google it more or let us wait for someone else to confirm.

NOTE:The Dual seat variant of JF-17 does look like L-15 but the major difference in intakes and no DSI in l-15 are evident

Ok check post #309 compare wings with the dual seat JF-17 image you posted do you see LERX in post 309 image compared to the one you posted dual seat, I don't see it.

That is a mock up of an L-15, which may have been exported to Egypt. There are also rumors that it may be co-produced with the Chinese in Egypt as the K-8E was.

Sir ji,this is JFT.

L-15 has a completely different design with no DSI

Actually it is none of these two. The image posted by nomi in post 309:
JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 6] | Page 21
The plane closest to camera is a JL-9 FTC-2000 trainer aircraft.
d220fa9661cb919c2ad76581432ca339.jpg

here is a diagram and you can all see for yourself the differences from JF-17 :)
55555_f3b5ebd5c2f0d69de341b09a332fef14.jpg

I have a question , what would be the advantage of the plane being converted into a 2 seater apart from being a training platform. Are we adding any new gears which the secondary pilot would manage freeing up the main pilot for flying and engaging enemy pilots

The image you are referring to is indeed an earlier model of JF17 and not L-15. LERX were added at much later stage of development.

Edit: Sorry, as it's a twin seater, it maybe FTC-2000 trainer. Didn't notice the second seat! :D

Ok check post #309 compare wings with the dual seat JF-17 image you posted do you see LERX in post 309 image compared to the one you posted dual seat, I don't see it.

Last edited:
The image you are referring to is indeed an earlier model of JF17 and not L-15. LERX were added at much later stage of development.

Edit: Sorry, as it's a twin seater, it maybe FTC-2000 trainer. Didn't notice the second seat! :D

Heh it definitely is FTC-2000 no LERX in the model and it fairly recent image at Egypt show something also note the double delta wing. It actually is FTC-2000[G] export model the model that has bump with Inlets primarily manufactured for PLANF Training.

I have a question , what would be the advantage of the plane being converted into a 2 seater apart from being a training platform. Are we adding any new gears which the secondary pilot would manage freeing up the main pilot for flying and engaging enemy pilots

I think apart from use as triter second pilot can take the responsibility during ground strike . and during recon mission he can be useful .

Hi,

Why do you pak kids have this FETISH with the sale of this aircraft----. The abilities and capabilities of this aircraft won't decrease or increase with the sale.

I think this goes with another FETISH that paks have----they have to ask every visitor how they liked their country.

As for why this aircraft is not being used for ground strike missions against the TTP----that raises multiple red flags---the first three sqdrn's were touted to be ground strike specific.

This was the perfect time to prove that the JF 17 was a functional aircraft---what better advertisement than actual combat ground strike missions to prove your point and display on the sales brochure.

The other deduction would be that this aircraft is not ready for any role at this time as it is still supposedly going thru integration.

And the last but least accepetable reason for the pak members of this board----this aircraft is still not capable to perform even in a one sided battle---this aircraft is still living on a hype---at what other time in actual war that this aircraft would be facing such little odds of being shot down by the enemy.

JF17 fighter can beat India shining?

Kindly please avoid such posts that will lead to This vs That debate and a troll war.

JF-17 is replacing the very old F-6, A-5 and F-7 aircraft along with Mirages. It gives PAF the much hyped BVR capability and is equipped with a good EW suite. This plane have essentially taken PAF to a new level compared to what we actually were operating in the past and now form the front line fighter force along side F-16 Blk52. All in all, PAF is very much satisfied with this plane and with open structure design and ability to accommodate a load of upgrades, this plane will essentially be the main stay of PAF in time to come.

Hi,
As for why this aircraft is not being used for ground strike missions against the TTP----that raises multiple red flags---the first three sqdrn's were touted to be ground strike specific.

This was the perfect time to prove that the JF 17 was a functional aircraft---what better advertisement than actual combat ground strike missions to prove your point and display on the sales brochure.

The other deduction would be that this aircraft is not ready for any role at this time as it is still supposedly going thru integration.

And the last but least accepetable reason for the pak members of this board----this aircraft is still not capable to perform even in a one sided battle---this aircraft is still living on a hype---at what other time in actual war that this aircraft would be facing such little odds of being shot down by the enemy.

Most of the strikes against TTP are mostly conducted with support of comms coming from electronics currently configured on US origin fleet. Its not the 'combat-use-tag-on-JF17' that matters more than use of whats more required (both in terms of clearing weapons stores and associated finances related to operating cost of F-16s). Mirages have been back-bone of strike element of PAF since 1967, and it has not flown more than 25% of total combat missions.

Lastly regarding weapons configurations; JF-17 has been tested and cleared for dumb bombs back in 2010. LGBs and the electronics pods are being tested (but not completed yet). If the aircraft was so 'living-in-hype' as you put it we had not seen 50 aircraft delivered and performing daily flights.

Hi,

Why do you pak kids have this FETISH with the sale of this aircraft----. The abilities and capabilities of this aircraft won't decrease or increase with the sale.

I think this goes with another FETISH that paks have----they have to ask every visitor how they liked their country.

And the last but least acceptable reason for the pak members of this board----this aircraft is still not capable to perform even in a one sided battle---this aircraft is still living on a hype---at what other time in actual war that this aircraft would be facing such little odds of being shot down by the enemy.

An interesting thought,that is compelling me to share my view about it.
Finding a customer interests us, as a customer is actually not just a customer but an indirect investor for the speedy development of the project and it'll be helpful for us to set our aim high for the upcoming block-3 (if there is one).To achieve it we have to put more effort as our product is actually not a hot cake for the more advanced air forces around the world, but is a very attractive package for the developing world.
So, their efforts are in the right direction if they want to establish their share in the market.

I've been following it myself.But i couldn't find anywhere that the block-1 or the first three squadrons are just meant to be ground attack specific.Though i've read it in few of the online discussions but PAF/Kamra/CAC none of the authorities related to this project have clearly mentioned it for me to accept it as a fact that this is the ground attack version of JFT and soon some air/littoral defense versions will be available.
All they mention is about the phase of development their project is in (the blocks) and the weapon testing that they do as soon as an acceptable (acceptable to the first customer) version of a weapon is available for tests out of the J-10 weapon lineage and is tested upon the platform to prove it's efficacy.That is a step-wise phenomenon and the factor that i've mentioned "seems" to affect it.As majority of the initially deployed weapons were of Chinese origin and the Chinese weapon industry is/was not yet there( while our own weapon industry is/was still a neonate) through out the development phase of this platform so it was bound to affect the progress and hence may have nurtured the thinking that the first few squadrons are solely related for ground attack which can an erroneous interpretation as far as i get it.Now you see as the weapons have become available their integration and testing is in progress with some speed.
For example after the induction of the SD-10A on the block-1 JFT, it's the turn of SD-10B to be tested upon it as soon as it's available.

While saying that i fully endorse your statement regarding advertisement of the ground attack missions (by any of the means suitable).
And who knows they already may be on it.

Last edited:
Hi,

When are you going to The Capitol for more F-16s?

:hitwall:
I've been following it myself.But i couldn't find anywhere that the block-1 or the first three squadrons are just meant to be ground attack specific.Though i've read it in few of the online discussions but PAF/Kamra/CAC none of the authorities related to this project have clearly mentioned it for me to accept it as a fact that this is the ground attack version of JFT and soon some air/littoral defense versions will be available.

While saying that i fully endorse your statement rgarding advertisement of the ground attack missions (by any of the means suitable).
And who knows they already may be on it.

Hi,

We all discussed about the JF 17 being a ground strike aircraft for many a years after the air force stated its capabilities and me amongst many was aghast at the lack of bvr capability----the bvr capability came in later----but as the aircraft went into production and integration it was touted for ground strike missions.

Readers must understand the issue here---this aircraft has been offered for sale----which means that it is capable for all aspects of air warfare and ground strike missions---it has been on sale for a few years---which means that most aspects of its operational capabilities have been achieved----so what is missing.

Its not the 'combat-use-tag-on-JF17' that matters more than use of whats more required (both in terms of clearing weapons stores and associated finances related to operating cost of F-16s).

If the aircraft was so 'living-in-hype' as you put it we had not seen 50 aircraft delivered and performing daily flights.

Hi,

You saying combat use tag is not important and something about finances----:hitwall:----these are extremely strange comments----all defence equipment sellers want to display the potency of their weapons against real targets----and nothing beats the deal when the opponent does not shoot back---.

As for 'living on a hype'----the proof is in the pudding---the picture is in front of everyone to see----.

PAF has been accused of bad marketing for this aircraft---you can try to protect this organization as much as you want to----but as for what they are capable of doing----their failures are bigger than their successes---.

Sir ji,Google it more or let us wait for someone else to confirm.

NOTE:The Dual seat variant of JF-17 does look like L-15 but the major difference in intakes and no DSI in l-15 are evident

its ftc-2000 trainer not jft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom