What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 6]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh okay. BTW it means that PAF is replacing the Mirage at Karachi then? Means they seem ROSE Mirages have lived their life?

Who said anything about retiring ROSEs? Anti-shipping ones are V-PA3s with Agave radar though V-PA2s also got the same radar but aren't wired for Exocet

Last edited:
Who said anything about retiring ROSEs? Anti-shipping ones are V-PA3s with Agave radar though PA2s also got the same radar but aren't wired for Exocet

Weren't they upgraded to Grifo during ROSE? Agave is an ancient radar.

Interesting post. Can you elaborate further on the issue of design flaw/workmanship issue you have raised. We are aware of the load and the possibility of it covering things it should not have covered resulting in the computers on board not correcting things appropriately and the wing shearing off. Was this the reason for the reinforcement of the wings that subsequently got reported?
Araz

Sir ji, from what i heard, the PAC guys were using / installed some kind of sensors on the wings of the aircraft for a flight simulator data collection thingy. The Chinese didn't knew about it as the flight simulator the PAC guys were working was of western / european origin, thus it wasn't told to the Chinese. During flight the positioning of the instruments on the wings caused something which teared one of the wings off and the aircraft crashed causing us the pilot. But it most probably was some wing related design thing which surfaced when those things were attached.

Oh okay. BTW it means that PAF is replacing the Mirage at Karachi then? Means they seem ROSE Mirages have lived their life?

I think we should be kind to those in need, this is the month of Ramazan. Are Indians allowed to purchase the JF-17 to replace their ageing Migs, Jaguars and LCA-Tejas?

Another squadron due to be ready by end of this year, if Air Commodore's talk is to be believed.

Yes, Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) can start co-production of JFT to replace their MMRCA and Tejas.

Some of them

Sir ji, from what i heard, the PAC guys were using / installed some kind of sensors on the wings of the aircraft for a flight simulator data collection thingy. The Chinese didn't knew about it as the flight simulator the PAC guys were working was of western / european origin, thus it wasn't told to the Chinese. During flight the positioning of the instruments on the wings caused something which teared one of the wings off and the aircraft crashed causing us the pilot. But it most probably was some wing related design thing which surfaced when those things were attached.
I heard the same. The only new thing was in relation to the wings. In any case the recent strengthening of the wings would have sorted the issue out.
Araz

Any export success would be a huge achievement indeed. When do we find out the details of the first sale that has been announced?

What can one say!!
They even try to keep an AA gun procurement strictly under wraps for God knows hat reasons. Who knows when will this be finalized. Also remember Indian MMRCA? it took what? DECADES? these things will take some time for sure.

I heard the same. The only new thing was in relation to the wings. In any case the recent strengthening of the wings would have sorted the issue out.
Araz
i hope it also allows the plane to carry more weapons. Seven hard point really limit the capability of the plane meant to be a multirole fighter aircraft, remember the world is moving to omnirole platforms. I know it is the $$ that have been kept in mind while designing the plane but i do feel that two more hard points on wings, or AT LEAST a dual launch rail for SD-10 along with a dedicated mission hardpoint for EW Pod on frontal fuselage is A MUST required if JF-17 is to get to its true potential.

What can one say!!
They even try to keep an AA gun procurement strictly under wraps for God knows hat reasons. Who knows when will this be finalized. Also remember Indian MMRCA? it took what? DECADES? these things will take some time for sure.

There is no rush. We will find out when it is time.

i do feel that two more hard points on wings, or AT LEAST a dual launch rail for SD-10 along with a dedicated mission hardpoint for EW Pod on frontal fuselage is A MUST required if JF-17 is to get to its true potential.
the fuselage has just one hard point, that makes me wonder..i get it that it has the gun under one air input, but why not a pod hardpoint under the other one..Tejas for example has one pod hard point there.

the fuselage has just one hard point, that makes me wonder..i get it that it has the gun under one air input, but why not a pod hardpoint under the other one..Tejas for example has one pod hard point there.
it is planned already to come in Block 3 .

BVRs on wingtips and them being guided by Karakoram Eagles is what I would like too see very much

What can one say!!

i hope it also allows the plane to carry more weapons. Seven hard point really limit the capability of the plane meant to be a multirole fighter aircraft, remember the world is moving to omnirole platforms. I know it is the $$ that have been kept in mind while designing the plane but i do feel that two more hard points on wings, or AT LEAST a dual launch rail for SD-10 along with a dedicated mission hardpoint for EW Pod on frontal fuselage is A MUST required if JF-17 is to get to its true potential.
Two more hard points were initially tried and then discarded by PAF for reasons unclear. I think the likelihood is that we will only see a chin mounted hard point for pods. Additional hard point on wings might not be hapenning anytime soon. However a dual rail launcher is in the works and we should be seeing one soon. However one thing does intrigue me and that is why PAF have not considered CFT for JFTs. Slim out the chubby boy and put some love handles on the sides. Is it too much to ask of a little baby or is it again related to finances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom