What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 6]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Further developments of the engine and their timeline will be interesting to watch. There is no rush and I am sure PAF will take the time to get it right.
they should. A lot will depend on JF-17 success, PAC and CAC are aiming for success not only with PAF but with export customers as well and thus the Chinese engine option. To be honest, i do feel that success of JF-17 in export market will mark a major turning point and may well point to modernization of the entire PAF fleet (i mean assets other the JF-17 through the funds that will be generated) and will start seeing more and more indigenous inputs.

they should. A lot will depend on JF-17 success, PAC and CAC are aiming for success not only with PAF but with export customers as well and thus the Chinese engine option. To be honest, i do feel that success of JF-17 in export market will mark a major turning point and may well point to modernization of the entire PAF fleet (i mean assets other the JF-17 through the funds that will be generated) and will start seeing more and more indigenous inputs.

Any export success would be a huge achievement indeed. When do we find out the details of the first sale that has been announced?

Any export success would be a huge achievement indeed. When do we find out the details of the first sale that has been announced?

Any intent in this regard should follow the permission from the customer that the PAC is dealing with.Not with out a discussion and certainly not without a nod of approval from them.

Any intent in this regard should follow the permission from the customer that the PAC is dealing with.Not with out a discussion and certainly not without a nod of approval from them.

It will have to be made public at some stage. We all can wait.

Sure, to me it seems to be somewhere near when the deliveries will start to pour in.

With the assembly line capacity being what it is currently, a trickle rather than flood that pours in is more likely, whenever that happens.

With the assembly line capacity being what it is currently, a trickle rather than flood that pours in is more likely, whenever that happens.

One can only discuss about the capacity when one knows about the strength of the articles that are to be made by that particular assembly line ( to take care about the needs of it's customers).

Do you know about that number?
Please share so, that we can add it into our knowledge & then go ahead to deliberate over/about this issue that PAC can be efficient in this department or not.

Last edited:
One can only discuss about the capacity when one knows about the strength of the articles that are to be made by that particular assembly line ( to take care about the needs of it's customers).

Do you know about that number?
Please share so, that we can add it into our knowledge & then go ahead to deliberate over/about this issue that PAC can be efficient in this department or not.

Let's wait for the details of the numbers sold and delivery schedule as promised to be confirmed first. May be a second assembly will be opened relatively quickly to meet the demands?

2P13 made appearance in china in January 2015. Block production started in June 2014. It can be predicted Pakistan made 13 jets in 6-7 months and it's been June 2015. One can assume 2P20 JF-17 in the production assembly

Why not? It's our technology used on our fleet, Israel was allowed to do it, USA is losing nothing, then why won't they allow us?.
Israel is special case and that too on very limited bases. no alteration is allowed because its the first step to reverse engineering and any country will try to safeguard its technological secrets performing any unauthorised alterations or probing will get us blacklisted for ever from ALL western sources.

Period

That wasn't the case with Israel, furthermore what if Pakistan manages to create a different version of the systems integrated in the future JF-17, and get it verified?, and then integrate it into the then "older" planes of our F-16 fleet. Will that work?.
We have to need permission of course.

You're missing my point. Someone posted earlier that the F7s of Masroor were in the maritime role. I was trying to correct that.

Oh okay. BTW it means that PAF is replacing the Mirage at Karachi then? Means they seem ROSE Mirages have lived their life?

Israel is special case and that too on very limited bases. no alteration is allowed because its the first step to reverse engineering and any country will try to safeguard its technological secrets performing any unauthorised alterations or probing will get us blacklisted for ever from ALL western sources.

Period

I think we should be kind to those in need, this is the month of Ramazan. Are Indians allowed to purchase the JF-17 to replace their ageing Migs, Jaguars and LCA-Tejas?

2P13 made appearance in china in January 2015. Block production started in June 2014. It can be predicted Pakistan made 13 jets in 6-7 months and it's been June 2015. One can assume 2P20 JF-17 in the production assembly

Another squadron due to be ready by end of this year, if Air Commodore's talk is to be believed.

Let's wait for the details of the numbers sold and delivery schedule as promised to be confirmed first. May be a second assembly will be opened relatively quickly to meet the demands?

Yes, Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) can start co-production of JFT to replace their MMRCA and Tejas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom